PDA

View Full Version : I'm all raaa about Lindsay...

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:03 PM
and noones here to talk to about it!!!

She doesnt look happy again and shes being sloppy on court! why isnt she coming out all fired up and playing like she did last summer! Im all worried this is all going to turn pear shaped for her :sad:

Andrew.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:34 PM
I already said this in the Australian Open thread. I'm feeling tanks in the QF.

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:36 PM
she needs a boot up the arse! i need to watch the rest of this match where she picks it up again so i can have confidence in my girl again!

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:38 PM
its no good playing beautiful tennis at all these tier 1 and tier 2 events, then playing naff at grand slams! it gives bandabou a chance to slag lindsay off agian!

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:47 PM
guys, calm down, she's won her matches! Just think about it, she lost sets to Mashona Washington and Lilia Osterloh last summer during her hot summer run and still won those tournaments. There's no need to play your best when you don't have to. And even though she's not getting as many first serves in as she'd like, she's serving very well. She was broken only against Pastikova, all 3 times in that first set and didn't face a break point for the rest of the match. She faced break point four times against Vaidisova and saved all of them. Look at Venus - she was broken 3 times against Daniilidou, 2 times against Peng, and once against Smashnova. Serena has even been broken by Camille Pin!

And...Lindsay must have loads of confidence against Venus, having beaten her 3 times in a row! She might play Molik, who Lindsay has never lost to.

I think she means business, she says she has "unfinished business." She will not go out without a fight. Don't give up on her!

lindsayno1
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:50 PM
im not! she just stresses me out!!!! (i DO love you lindsay), i think its cos shes not playing her best. She just needs to play Vee agian and have a match like at the US open where she SCREAMS when she wins!

i DO think she will trash sprem tbh. sprems still too inexperienced for the likes of the davmeister. There arent many weaknesses that lindsay has that sprem can use to her advantage. all she can really do is get her on the run...the same with most players actually. its down to lindsay if she wants to be sloppy and have these bad UE!

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:19 PM
im not! she just stresses me out!!!! (i DO love you lindsay), i think its cos shes not playing her best. She just needs to play Vee agian and have a match like at the US open where she SCREAMS when she wins!

i DO think she will trash sprem tbh. sprems still too inexperienced for the likes of the davmeister. There arent many weaknesses that lindsay has that sprem can use to her advantage. all she can really do is get her on the run...the same with most players actually. its down to lindsay if she wants to be sloppy and have these bad UE!
I know, she stresses me out too! lol But that's the beauty of being a sports-fan; even though the lows are really low, the highs make up for it! Lindsay is trying really hard; I mean, who really thought she would still be playing in 2005? Let's let her play matches, support her, and just let everything play out. She has a great shot at this title. By the way you guys are talking about her play, maybe I should be glad ESPN hasn't showed any of her matches! lol

Andrew.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:47 PM
Good point. Lindsay looked like death in the earlier rounds at Stanford. Even in the SF against Vento, she didn't look too hot.

Still, something just doesn't seem right with her. I'm not sure what it is...

foreva lindsay
Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:49 AM
she'l suprise us..you wait for it :)

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:34 AM
im HOPING shes saving all her big effort for the bigger players - starting tomorrow against sprem. l watched the match from valdivesa (sp)? and she did what she needed to do and no more!

Elldee
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:00 PM
She doesn't seem competitive, it's like 'uhh, another slam, I better do well, I'm a high ranked played' as opposed to 'okay, I'm going to win this, and I'm going to play my best and I'm going to make up for the US Open.' I wish she was more positive but I'm hoping she's just going through the motions until she has to play top 10 seeds. At the US I had no doubt about her performance until Venus and after I saw who were in the semis it looked like she'd win it, but now it's a bit shakey.

I'm at a disadvantage because I haven't seen her play, but hopefully she'll get really pumped.... I can't stand another dismal display like her match against Serena at the YEC... she was so unemotional and she didn't care what she did.

gossipcom
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
lol well Jon isn't around :)

Sorry I couldn't help myself!

Actually the funniest thing happened in her 3rd Round match - after she won that first set, Adam went outside to get a drink and came back 4th game into the set - so during that period when she faced all the BPs, etc it was when Adam was MIA :)

Seriously though she's in with a shot - I've already stated on the AO thread that if you go by her previous records, she won't win, etc - but she won't go down without a fight - I'd personally love her to get past Sprem so we can get an awesome showdown whether it will be against Venus or Alicia, it has the possibility of being one hell of a match if both players show up on the day - so fingers crossed Lindsay can get past Sprem.

Elldee
Jan 23rd, 2005, 12:58 PM
I'm sure Lindsay will get past Sprem, she loses to who she's ment to in general [IMO and not including the likes of Schaul... and that was on clay]. Lindsay loses against who she's ment to lose against.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Yeah she's annoying me aswell but theres nothing we can do except hope she plays well.

IMO - If she whoops K-lina tonight and faces Molik (Molik would have pulled off a great win over Venus is this happens) Lindsay will be out on RLA trying her best to shut the crowd up, she'll play great and kick ass.

I'm not worried about her playing Alicia to be honest, her movement is not great and her serve is overrated too :tape: I'm much more worried about her playing Venus, I guess its just because Venus is Venus, and she could play amazing. But who knows

lindsayno1
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
lindsay loves it when the crowds against her too! so if she plays molik... that might drive lindsay!

lol yeah jon aint around. maybe thats why shes :( ;)

gossipcom
Jan 23rd, 2005, 04:28 PM
If both Lindsay and Alicia win I'll guarantee they won't be playing their singles match on the Tuesday with everyone else - that will be pushed back to Wednesday for Australia Day.

foreva lindsay
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:51 PM
she better beat sprem...im not staying up but i will for her 1/4 match (please be against molik :angel: )

Cliodhna
Jan 24th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Yea there is def something up with her.........i so hope that Alicia kicks Venus' ass tomorrow :devil: cos i dunno why bt i think that Lindsay could over-power Alicia both mentally and physically and she might still have doubts/fears if she has to play Venus :confused: