PDA

View Full Version : (1) Davenport Def. Vaidisova 6-2, 6-4

lizchris
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:46 AM
She faces Sprem next.

Andrew.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:47 AM
I'm very happy with this win. Lindsay was not playing her best, but she still won comfortably. Stats weren't too great, but I like the fact she has 8 aces. Not bad.

LindsayRulez
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:47 AM
go Lindsay!! her stats got better as the match went on, it seems like she started to serve really well late in the match, like she did in round 2. Good luck against Karolina! ;)

BK4ever
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:49 AM
Nicole :sad: but good effort.

Chunchun
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:51 AM
:yeah:

!<blocparty>!
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:52 AM
Well done Lindsay :) Good serving, movement and net play today, poor off the ground.

Sprem next - she needs to move up a couple of gears.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:52 AM
Nicole :sad: :sad: but she played ok in patches
had chances but Lindsay's serve got her out of bp's a number of times.

Nicole made quite a number of "wrong decisions " and to compound that, negative body Language when it went wrong.

another year or so, she'll have ironed out those.

Couver
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:54 AM
Lindsay :)

I think this was a good match from LD, all her stats are pretty good except the Winner/Error ratio, and it's not such a huge differential.

Doc
Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:11 AM
Lindsay chastises another young hopeful.... :o

However Vaidisova has all the signs of a good future player. She impressed a lot more than Ivanovich. she has an excellent serve, and good shots off forehand and backhand. I also like the way she comes in to the net, it reminds me a lot of Graf.

Too many overcooked forehands and missed opportunities on break points spoiled Nicole's day.

smarties
Jan 22nd, 2005, 03:16 AM
Did you see the stats on this youngster :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fastest Serve
185 km/h
Average 1st Serve Speed
173 km/h
Average 2nd Serve Speed
152 km/

bis2806
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:51 AM
I think Lindsay will meet Venus in the quarters...

ajayares
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:40 AM
I didn't get a chance to see Nicole's match today, due to the stupid schedule and the way the ticketing for the Australian open is done. Can you believe it costs $59 for a centre court ticket, which allows you to every court except for Vodafone, where as you can pay $25 and have access to every court except for centre court.. Sure you get the reserve seat on centre, however the scheduling is so bias it isn't funny, however I suppose that is how it is done at all the other slams, just gets annoying when you do not want to see the same players over and over again and the players you want to see are chucked on Vodafone.

Anyway about Nicole I watched both her 1st and 2nd rd matches and she may not have played that well in the first match and as TBE pointed out her body language isnít good when things go wrong and she get upset with herself, however she is only 15 and you have to expect that. Most importantly she has got the tools to go top of the game and I have NO doubt she is going to be a star of the future.

Mathijs
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Well done Linds :yeah:

Nicole :sad: but great fight :worship:

Amazing Elena
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:25 AM
In 2 years Nicole will be for sure a top 10 player. She has made some amazing points today. She is already very good for her age :rocker2: :yeah: