PDA

View Full Version : ESPN shows no respect to Lindsay, again.

Andrew.
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:14 PM
After not showing her 1r match against Conchita Martinez, ESPN again shafts the #1 seed by not showing her match against Vaidisova. I find this quite disrespectful, as this is likely her last Australian Open, and this is the world number one and #1 seed.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:15 PM
I didn't blame them for not featuring her match against Pastikova (even though s bit was shown), but I have to agree that it's ridiculous not to show this. For the reasons you stated above, AND it's probably one of the best matches of the day.

jpurkey1
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:18 PM
After not showing her 1r match against Conchita Martinez, ESPN again shafts the #1 seed by not showing her match against Vaidisova. I find this quite disrespectful, as this is likely her last Australian Open, and this is the world number one and #1 seed.
how do you know? i just saw the ticker say they'd show both lindsay and venus.

Maria Croft
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:19 PM
that really is stupid, that could be a great match !!

moon
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:22 PM
how do you know? i just saw the ticker say they'd show both lindsay and venus.
ditto. let's just wait and see if they show her before we start bitching and moaning shall we?

Andrew.
how do you know? i just saw the ticker say they'd show both lindsay and venus. Chris Fowler:

Coming up on tonight's coverage, we'll be showing you Andy Roddick, the American superstar who will never lose a match, na is the best palyer of the century, being foolishly held back from #1 by nagging injuries. He won't lose again ever. We'll also show you Venus Williams against Anna Smashnova. Good match there. Bye.

Andrew.
ditto. let's just wait and see if they show her before we start bitching and moaning shall we? Fowler said Andy and Venus. Lindsay was never mentioned.

moon
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:25 PM
Fowler said Andy and Venus. Lindsay was never mentioned.
Since when does Fowler know anything?
I'd be really surprised if they didn't. Besides, if the match before Lindsay's goes long, it's almost guarunteed they'll show her.

Knizzle
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:28 PM
He probably just forgot about Lindsay.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, Roddick may be going on to court at roughly the same time as Lindsay so she may be overshadowed by Roddick, Venus' match may also be overshadowed by Roddick since she is immediately following Lindsay.

Andrew.
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:43 PM
It was the closing of that program window, and they put up a picture of Roddick, saying his match would be shown, then a picture of Venus saying her match would be shown. They then did the closing shots of Melbourne, and the program ended.

volta
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:00 PM
don´t worry Eurosport actually sucks to almost all the women matches are @ the end when they show it and Lindsay only passed once , it was against martinez and it wasn´t all match

Kelly
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:15 PM
we're pissed off because we've not seen our fave player actually play as we have to watch dickheads like tim all day....im glad greg is out....in one day they showed 8 matches---3 were times match 3 were gregs and the other 2 were 2 they aso showed...instead of showing thesamw matches over and over again its logical to show a match that hasnt been aired....just happens to be the world number one.

pav
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:45 PM
I wonder if Lindsay mentioned it to Roger Federer while they were waiting in the Hairdressers? :shrug: