PDA

View Full Version : Rising young Russians

Natarajasana
Jan 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM
Which of the above four young Russians do you think has the brightest tennis future (and why)?
:cool:

goldenlox
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:21 PM
I don't know if any of these ladies are future slam winners, but they will all have successful, solid careers.
I can't rank them because they are all still developing their games.

BK4ever
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:24 PM
Vera has the most game, her groundies are very good, but she lacks a decent second serve and she needs to become more predatory or she will most likely become a fixture in the top 30 who occasionally upsets a top player.

I see Vera very much like how Henin use to be, you could see all the talent but there were key elements missing...hopefully she can turn it around the way Henin did.

jj74
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:34 PM
Vera has the most game, her groundies are very good, but she lacks a decent second serve and she needs to become more predatory or she will most likely become a fixture in the top 30 who occasionally upsets a top player.

I see Vera very much like how Henin use to be, you could see all the talent but there were key elements missing...hopefully she can turn it around the way Henin did.

I agree with you, Vera has a very creative game. She needs time to develop all her potential

jonny84
Jan 23rd, 2005, 02:03 PM
I think that in the next two years they would have least won a tour singles title each but it is difficult to say who will do the best as they are all on a par at the moment.

Chunchun
Jan 23rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
Maria or Anna :)

in fact ALL!!

10nisfanofruz
Jan 23rd, 2005, 02:33 PM
Sharapova said that Kirilenko will be famous ;)

unknown
Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:02 PM
as BK mentioned :) , Vera has very sound groundstrokes

for a second i was thinkin of voting for anna coz of the way she played

against much higher ranked Myskina in the US open but maybe it was

because Myskina wasn't quite in her "form" at the time? :confused:

jrm
Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:47 PM
I was impressed by Kirilenko last year at French Open but hasn't done aynthing since then. Haven't seen Chakvetazde nor Linetskaya but i would say those three have better potencial than Douchevina looking at the results.

daniela86
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
i'm very impressionned by vera's game, she has a lot of potential and will have a great career for sure. :) But as goldenlox says, they are still developping their game and i'm sure they will improve a lot. :p