PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Crowd = Not Fair

steve2005
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:35 AM
Just watching the Sharapova match against Li Na and they were horrible, at one points someone told her to Shut up. Really appauling.

"Sluggy"
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:37 AM
mms://64.106.232.35/live

plug this in and you can watch online.

moby
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:39 AM
Just watching the Sharapova match against Li Na and they were horrible, at one points someone told her to Shut up. Really appauling.
Yes, because one person represents a crowd. And that one person must have been a Chinese. :unsure:

tobe
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:41 AM
don't think it was only the Chinese crowd!
I mean there were so many people laughing about the grunts (which were btw really laughable indeed) and that weren't only Chinsese!
The "Shut Up" thing: Have u seen the person who screemed that?

Doraemon
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:42 AM
Exactly! the starter of the thread just showed lack of intelligence.

ginger_fish668
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:44 AM

Right, cos only the Chinese were at the match... :rolleyes:

Almalyk
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:47 AM
Amazing performance from Sharapova throughout that game - best and most dominant play of any of the girls so fat in my opinion

ginger_fish668
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:48 AM
Amazing performance from Sharapova throughout that game - best and most dominant play of any of the girls so fat in my opinion

so fat... :lol: I think Masha's pretty fit ;)

Maria Croft
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:50 AM
this thread is stupid, anyway, her sounds were very funny lol, but the ''one'' person who yelled shut up should shut up !!!!

Sam L
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:52 AM
Chinese. :rolleyes:

DevilishAttitude
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Whoever said that :haha: :haha: :haha:

They were getting really stupid for a 6-0 4-2 lead and were distracting Na Li. Eurosport commentaters were surprised she stopped since they said she didn't know she was doing it. But then she didn't and nothing happened ;)

If the Aussie crowd shouting 'Shout Up' they don't seem to like Marai IMO anyway imagine the French :lol: They'd be throwing missles at her :p

ginger_fish668
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:59 AM
Chinese. :rolleyes:

How can you be sure?

Greenout
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:01 AM
:eek:

I can't believe someone yelled "Shut UP" at Maria? I thought she
was popular in Australia? Was it because they were feeling bad for
Na Li?

Weird... :p

Lady
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:06 AM
Well, Greeny, she sometimes getting even on MY nerves with her fist thing while leading 5-0 against much lower ranked opponent! ;)

Greenout
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:09 AM
Well, Greeny, she sometimes getting even on MY nerves with her fist thing while leading 5-0 against much lower ranked opponent! ;)

Aw..you know Maria. She would fist pump a game point off
my cat Figo, and he can't hit a forehand if his litter box depended
on it. :tape:

bis2806
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:11 AM
I think the fist and "come on" thing from her is just too pathetic; she constantly does it and it's annoying when it's your opponents who make the mistakes

Hayato
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
I saw a bit of Li vs Granville, there were some there.

"LI NA CHINA" was annoying being repeated about 50 times after each point she won :p

ashwu
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:38 AM
闭嘴吧!

kfh_9118
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:04 PM
I saw a bit of Li vs Granville, there were some there.

"LI NA CHINA" was annoying being repeated about 50 times after each point she won :p

I was there too, they didn't actually yell "LI NA CHINA" but "LI NA JIA YOU", which can be translated as Come On Li Na. I guess nothing's wrong with that, it's something that you can do to support your player, and they were doing it between the break not during the play.

Croatian, Swedish, and Greek supporters are even worse than Chinese, but I guess nothing's wrong with that, and sometimes it's actually more enjoyable to watch a live match if it involves some fanatics fans.

It's hard to believe that because of someone started a thread accusing Chinese fans without particular facts, then suddenly many people here believe it and make the same assumptions.

KingA
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:29 PM
OMG!! U stupid idiot (same as the one who yelled out 'Shut Up'!!)..... U got any evidence that person is a Chinese???? I can guarantee you that person is not a Chinese..... I was there at the match, the person was an Aussie who yelled out, he was sitting two rows behind me!!

Understand???

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:54 PM
Would you all give the fucking Chinese people a break? "OMG...a Chinese farted in the stand today..." :mad:

lindsayno1
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:01 PM
I think the fist and "come on" thing from her is just too pathetic; she constantly does it and it's annoying when it's your opponents who make the mistakes

i agree bad sportsmanship!

Vut
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:48 PM
:eek: Chinese

Mrs. Peel
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:50 PM
OMG!! U stupid idiot (same as the one who yelled out 'Shut Up'!!)..... U got any evidence that person is a Chinese???? I can guarantee you that person is not a Chinese..... I was there at the match, the person was an Aussie who yelled out, he was sitting two rows behind me!!

Understand???

:haha: someone told Shrapnel to shut up? It's about time........

Harju.
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:58 PM
well, because everyone's watching the match is Chinese and they were playing in Beijing. :rolleyes:

Vincent
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:04 PM
Come on, can the racist towards Chinese stop? I simply feel sad after knowing so many there are Chinese haters here.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:10 PM
This whole Chinese this and Chinese that...reminds me of the atmosphere when the Williams Sisters first step on the scene...Only worst...:mad:

Fantastic
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:10 PM
I have no problem with Maria's grunting. I survived Monica Seles, I can survive Maria Sharapova - hey, they've even got the same initials!

I saw Monica playing an exhibition with Mats Wilander against Peter McNamara and Ken Rosewall in Sydney on TV. Monica is sooo skinny!!! And this was on TV, so less ten pounds and that's what she looks like in real life.

Experimentee
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:16 PM
So much Chinese hate just because of some stupid lies by someone trying to start something against the Chinese :rolleyes:
So far the worst thing that they have actually done is say "Li Na Jia You" which means 'Come on Li Na". What a crime!

steve2005
Jan 21st, 2005, 04:59 PM
Everyone has their opinion, i watched this match, i also watched the Safina/Zheng match, fair enough its obviously not all Chinese people, but alot of the Chinese supporters can play a big part of the match despite not even holding a racket.

Voevoda
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:52 PM
They all were just sore losers, that's all.

Rocketta
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Everyone has their opinion, i watched this match, i also watched the Safina/Zheng match, fair enough its obviously not all Chinese people, but alot of the Chinese supporters can play a big part of the match despite not even holding a racket.
Did you watch the Blake/Hewitt match? Did you think the aussie's were out of line singing and yelling after every point? Where they trying to be disruptive?

LostInThe80s
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:04 PM
This whole Chinese this and Chinese that...reminds me of the atmosphere when the Williams Sisters first step on the scene...Only worst...:mad:

It actually reminds me of when Momo first came out and people were saying lesbian this, lesbian that…

No big deal because even tennis fans can act like little shits but some people don’t admit that, behaving like tennis fans are above fans of other sports. :rolleyes:

Grohl
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:13 PM
what's all this about the chinese fans?
I find them just fanatic, like the fans from greece...