PDA

View Full Version : PAW News: PAW player caught cheating, will serve one month PAW Ban

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:04 AM
In a strong position to do damage, at his 2nd slam, Belgian newcomer =>QuIcKsNiCk<= has shocked all including his rivals by deleting a PAW pick - after the match was completed.

The PAW Rules state that:

Players that decide to delete their PAWS will suffer a penalty of being defaulted from that particular tournament and will serve a one month ban from playing PAW (the only exception is for players playing their first tournament). Players that commit this act twice are subject for a permanent banning from PAW.

=>QuIcKsNiCk<= PAWed PAW17: DOUCHEVINA over GRÖNEFELD
PAW18: LINETSKAYA over FRAZIER
PAW19: VAIDISOVA over DAVENPORT at 5:21am AUS EST Time, minutes later, he posted that he wanted to change Douchevina over Groenefeld to the reverse - Groenefeld over Douchevina...

I know this for sure when I was adding everyone's PAW's to my Excel spreadsheet. Now when you go to page 19 of the PAW Australian Open thread, the post of "change it to Groenefeld over Douchevina" is GONE, obviously DELETED.

Matija-seles - in a strong position to win Memphis 2004 did the same - when he deleted "Harkleroad over Dulko." Matija-seles was defaulted from the tournament. With PAW Rules now more stringent than ever - under the new rules =>QuIcKsNiCk<= will not only be defaulted from this tournament, but for an entire month, meaning he will miss out on playing Tokyo, Paris & his home town tournament in Antwerp.

As a manager I am disappointed to see players cheating when I put in all the hard work to run a game, it really is disrespectful and morally wrong. Again this is a reminder that cheating in PAW is not allowed and anyone ever considering doing it - hopefully you will change your mind after reading this thread.

Marcus1979
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:08 AM
I saw that original Pick this morning.

change it to Groenefeld over Douchevina

Now its gone.

I wonder why

andrew_uk
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:11 AM
Aidan I completely back you up.

I was looking at the thread earlier to see how my threats were doing lol, I saw that Quick Snick had PAWed Linetskaya and Douchevina, and I was annoyed coz he got both lol. Then a few posts down, I was relieved to see he replaced the Douchevina pick to Gronefeld.

However, he posted after the matches, happy that Douchevina had won - and now I look back in the thread to discover that his replacement pick of Gronefeld had disappeared.

This is an absolute insult to Aidan's intelligence - it is well known in PAW that YOU NEVER DELETE POSTS.

What annoys and disappoints me here is that it is blatant cheating - it's not like a genuine mistake, it was absolutely intentional, posts don't just get disappeared, they can only be deleted by the people who posted them or admins.

I only wish I printed the screen with the deleted post, so you could have seen with your own eyes, hopefully a lot of you will recall he replaced Douchevina with Gronefeld.

I hope Quick Snick learns from this mistake, and he makes an apology.

bionic71
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:00 AM
As a long time supporter and participant I have this to offer...............

Harsh penalties are the only way to deter cheating.
As far as I am concerned, a default and a one month ban is not harsh enough.
On a first offence, participants who are caught altering picks should have all points accumulated for the year to date cancelled......on a second offence, any further participation for the year should not be allowed.

As the game grows bigger, and more time consuming for the game managers, harsher penalties for cheating must be considered.

jrm
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:24 AM
Wow - we have our own Kuznetzova (sort of) in the game

Shame on you QuicksNick

Captain.Canada
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:25 AM
As a long time supporter and participant I have this to offer...............

Harsh penalties are the only way to deter cheating.
As far as I am concerned, a default and a one month ban is not harsh enough.
On a first offence, participants who are caught altering picks should have all points accumuated for the year to date cancelled......on a second offence, any further participation for the year should not be allowed.

As the game grows bigger, and more time consuming for the game managers, harsher penalties for cheating must be considered.

Once again, I completely agree with bionic71.

saab95
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:38 AM
agree with bionic 71 too.

James
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:02 AM
I don't understand why people feel the need to cheat. It's only a game (a very enjoyable one). I agree with Bionic71. It's hard work for the managers as it is.

Mattographer
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:08 AM
Geez, like James said, it's only a game and don't take it too seriously! As for rules, I'm 100% completely behind you! :)

crazillo
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:59 AM
I don't understand why people feel the need to cheat. It's only a game (a very enjoyable one). I agree with Bionic71. It's hard work for the managers as it is.

Exactly.

I am happy Aidan doesn't recall me of cheating anymore.

Hayato
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:12 AM
Lets face facts, PAW is more than a game and people get really fired up and want to do well, particularly in a grand slam.

A bit out of character from Nick though :sad:

DevilishAttitude
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:29 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

Cheating in a meaningless game :o :o :o Someone needs to get a life fast if QuicksNick is so desperate to win something that won't change his life ever :rolleyes:

saab95
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:46 PM
Belgian newcomer =>QuIcKsNiCk<= looks like
belgian sports minister Claude Eerdekens
they have too many chocolate IMO!

köj-č
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:50 PM
the belgian sports minister now should be concerned about this.. :rolleyes: hehe

sandg
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:17 PM
Spikey,

May you make this thread to be officially "Punishment PAW thread" with "important" sign, I will follow you if anyone who do it in the next. Its would be clearly that all players didn't allow to delete or edit with "edit" post, no reason that they didn't know it.

I usually copied all post before first match on a day to play, last year I caught 2 players did it but I "only" gave warning to them :o

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:49 PM
To All PAW-Players, especially SpikeyAidanm:

All I wanna tell you is just the truth. Yes, I tried to CHEAT. Yes, I AM CHILDISH... I don't even know what i was thinking about when I deleted this post:
:o ooopss....i meant GRÖNEFELD over DOUCEVINA
, which I posted just after being in The PAW Lockerroom, where I thought to change my original pick (DOUCHEVINA over GRÖNEFELD)...
When I woke up, I came to my computer and saw Vera had won her match....so I became :fiery:... I guess I'm a bit, maybe too obsessed with this game, but it's just so fun... I don't know what to do now...I will be THE cheater....should've thought about this before, but I cannot change it now...
Cheating in a meaningless game Someone needs to get a life fast if QuicksNick is so desperate to win something that won't change his life ever
I know it IS meaningless, I feel better now telling you that I cheated....i'd feel worse if I wouldn't...
If you do not know me, don't say I haven't got a life... & I know a Game like PAW won't change my life, but it's great to win a tournament, obviously not cheating, as I did in philadelphia...as I said before, I'm too obsessed... & I was so excited cause I had chances to be in the Top10 and evn to win.... but that's not the way to do it, i have to admit it.

SpikeyAidanm, I appreciate so much your hard work for this game and I want to apologize. I didn't want to show you disrespect...it was just a childish, wrong decision I took.

Feel free to bad-rep me or make comments against me, I deserve it.
Be sure that I WILL NOT do it for a second time.
Just remember, PAW can be more than a game for you, but playing fair is the way to have fun: DO NOT CHEAT, you'll feel really bad.

My apologies,
QS

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
Btw, good luck to y'all.

Zhao
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:04 PM
its great to admit your mistake pal
i know its not easy for you to write what u have written
u have my support :yeah:

and i hope all other players can also give our friend here a chance to repent...

raquel
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:23 PM
I agree, Zhao

Quicksnick, don't feel too bad and don't beat yourself up about it too much. As you said, you probably feel better now that it was found out. It was a wrong thing to do and it can't be changed now but we know you won't do it again.

James
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:18 PM
Having read the explanation, I think Quicksnick will not do this again. He knows he was wrong. Perhaps it's a good warning for those who are becoming too fanatic (and I've seen some lately in recent tournaments).

Quicksnick, I think you are being very mature in dealing with what you did. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term childish in my bad rep, although I can't condone your behavior.

jrm
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:19 PM
...you'll be forever marked as the one who cheated

Hayato
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:05 PM

maybe for you, not for me :)

crazillo
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:09 PM
Having read the explanation, I think Quicksnick will not do this again. He knows he was wrong. Perhaps it's a good warning for those who are becoming too fanatic (and I've seen some lately in recent tournaments).

Quicksnick, I think you are being very mature in dealing with what you did. Perhaps I shouldn't have used the term childish in my bad rep, although I can't condone your behavior.

Leave it at a minor puinshment, then it is OK.

Hayato
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:12 PM
i think some people are over-reacting here....he just deleted a PAW, he is banned for a month, OK, calm down.

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:24 PM
and as the one who told the truth as well

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:33 PM
.....jrm, are you perfect or something??

beauty_is_pink
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:13 PM
I think some people have to relax
Yes, Nico made a mistake, but doesn't everyone?
Nobody's perfect, and we're jus jumping into conclusion when we say that Quick Snick is a "bad guy" because he realli isnt, he made a horrible mistake.

I'm sure he wont do it again.

Nico, you have my support :hug:

Conchi Party
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:41 PM
I stayed quiet cuz it ain't my business and normally I don't like to judge BUT then QuickSnick replied again and annoyed me. You did not confess the truth buddy, you got BUSTED and then you fessed us. While I agree some people have gone overboard, you also need to learn to take your lumps. Sorry to be way harsh, but defending yourself at this point is pretty useless.

later

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:46 PM
I stayed quiet cuz it ain't my business and normally I don't like to judge BUT then QuickSnick replied again and annoyed me. You did not confess the truth buddy, you got BUSTED and then you fessed us. While I agree some people have gone overboard, you also need to learn to take your lumps. Sorry to be way harsh, but defending yourself at this point is pretty useless.

later
i guess you would have prefered me to cancel my account and say goodbye to wtaworld, right? I WANTED to tell the truth...:rolleyes:
what was i supposed to do, in your opinion?!?!?

Hayato
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:48 PM
The bottom line: QS told the truth and admitted.

No further discussion needed.

It HAS happened before on numberous occasions.

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 21st, 2005, 10:30 PM
Has everybody forgotten about the world number one mypapa_je when he deleted a pick? Why all the fuss with Nick for? I didn't see a thread for this when mypapa_je did the same.
Did this happen before :eek:

I tend to be a bit more stricter than sandg - so it's a pity that players caught get treated worse under me - but hey they shouldn't have done it.

<=QuIcKsNiCk<=, I appreciate your apology - I know we all make mistakes, unfortunately it was a costly one...

:wavey:

416_Man
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:02 PM
Had you not been discovered, would you ever have admitted that you cheated? What if you had won it at all? Anyway, I still respect that you confessed after the fact.

Ravsieg
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:50 PM
It's been overreacted. Yes, of course he shouldn't have done what he did, cheating sucks bad. But I can fully understand losing the mind for a couple of seconds after a big disappointment and the following loss of points and ranks in the game.

Ravsieg
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:51 PM
Ah yes I forgot to point, he had back luck on being the first one caught by Spikey. Now he'll be known as "the cheater" as it has been pointed before, and quite unfairingly because of the reasons I said above. Not to me though, man.

New
Jan 21st, 2005, 11:55 PM
Since Spikey has graciously accepted his apology, all of us should too... :)

Actually, I think the hardest thing in life is to forgive someone... sometime, I take a long time to do so...

Once there was a mistake in calculation, and i so wanted not to tell since i was in the lead, but i felt bad so in the end i told anyway, so i guess it is possible for us to have some evil thoughts once in a while ;) :p BTW, I'm still missing my first title!! :lol:

PointBlank
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:17 AM
Poll it. Democracy. :p

Marcus1979
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
All u guys defending =>QuIcKsNiCk<=

I want to put this in another angle.

What if u had the chance to win a event and the player who came first won by cheating would u accept it like that.

How would u feel.

I feel gipped big time

Hantuchov
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:35 AM
Nice move, Quick!

Some people should take it easy, people act as if PAW was an Olympic Sport, had an international federation and so on... :zzz:

It's just a virtual game. You judge people as if they have commited a crime.

Very soon we'll hear sth like: jail or electric chair for their punishment? :o :o :o

Marcus1979
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:37 AM
It's been overreacted. Yes, of course he shouldn't have done what he did, cheating sucks bad. But I can fully understand losing the mind for a couple of seconds after a big disappointment and the following loss of points and ranks in the game.

I had a bad few days in PAW but I never considered deleting posts to hide my bad PAW picks.

So I have trouble understanding

sorry but its how I feel

Marcus1979
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:39 AM
Nice move, Quick!

Some people should take it easy, people act as if PAW was an Olympic Sport, had an international federation and so on... :zzz:

Very soon we'll hear sth like: jail or electric chair for their punishment? :o :o :o

When I play games I like to know we are playing by the same rules.

Not one set for someone and another for someone else.

If this was left be this could open up pandoras box.

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:42 AM
Nice move, Quick!

I find this post an offence to all PAW Manager's who put in lots of effort to manage PAW. I so far this week have spent literally 25 hours calculating, adding, tabling, formatting the PAW League Table and scoring points... and then one player cheats - and you think I have gone overboard to serve him a punishment? I mean why should I bother running PAW if it is not played as a fair game?

I know PAW is only a game, but GAMES MUST BE RUN FAIR FOR IT TO BE A GAME :rolleyes: ... your post is implying it is so meaningless that I might as well let everyone to cheat. I am responsible for calculating a league table that is fair for all 150 players, and if one player disturbs that - they cannot get let off so easy...

andrew_uk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:42 AM
Look guys!

Quick Snick broke a rule, so it means he will not be able to play a few tournaments. You shouldn't take his punishment to seriously, if there's any1 taking things seriously its those who think he shouldn't be punished. I have nothing against quick snick at all, a broken rule is a broken rule, even if any of my closest friends did it I will feel the same, if u break a rule, then there is a punishment, and u have to endure it, its as simple as that.

Hantuchov
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:47 AM
When I play games I like to know we are playing by the same rules.

Not one set for someone and another for someone else.

If this was left be this could open up pandoras box.

Excuse me, did I say we shouldnt play by the same rules?

I simply think it's too much, as it have already happen times before.

The guy cheated, apologised (as the other guys who "cheated" too did) and will be punished.

Isnt it enough???

Marcus1979
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:51 AM
Excuse me, did I say we shouldnt play by the same rules?

I simply think it's too much, as it have already happen times before.

The guy cheated, apologised (as the other guys who "cheated" too did) and will be punished.

Isnt it enough???

The past is in the past

we should be looking at present and future.

This has to be done to stop any repeat occurances or at least make the punishment more than the merits of cheating

andrew_uk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:51 AM
Ok then have it your way guys!

Lets all pick matches, then when their over we'll all change them so weve picked the winner. It will be really great fun you know, we'll all end up joint 1st with hundreds of points.

Marcus1979
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:53 AM
Ok then have it your way guys!

Lets all pick matches, then when their over we'll all change them so weve picked the winner. It will be really great fun you know, we'll all end up joint 1st with hundreds of points.

And the bordom nature of the game would lead to the majority players quitting.

Hantuchov
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:56 AM
I find this post an offence to all PAW Manager's who put in lots of effort to manage PAW. I so far this week have spent literally 25 hours calculating, adding, tabling, formatting the PAW League Table and scoring points... and then one player cheats - and you think I have gone overboard to serve him a punishment? I mean why should I bother running PAW if it is not played as a fair game?

I know PAW is only a game, but GAMES MUST BE RUN FAIR FOR IT TO BE A GAME :rolleyes: ... your post is implying it is so meaningless that I might as well let everyone to cheat. I am responsible for calculating a league table that is fair for all 150 players, and if one player disturbs that - they cannot get let off so easy...

I didnt mean you shouldnt punish him, but I just think starting a thread to only talk about his act of deleting a pick is too much.

Just MY opinion.

Do whatever you think is right, but dont forget there's a life behind PAW, k? Sometimes it seems people take it too serious, putting lots of effort (as you say everytime there's a confusion/misunderstanding here) on running it and act as if we all were in a real judgement.

That's all!

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:57 AM
May I also add the marcobarella fiasco when he was the league table manager and cheated - saw many PAWers quit the game because he cheated unfairly (editing and deleting picks). That obviously ruined PAW's reputation but since then ... and I don't want to sound like I'm boasting here but ... since me and sandg fully took control of the game, we have seen a rise in PAW players and more satisfication from PAW players. I will do whatever it takes to retain the integrity of PAW on behalf of all players.

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:00 AM
I didnt mean you shouldnt punish him, but I just think starting a thread to only talk about his act of deleting a pick is too much.

Just MY opinion.

Do whatever you think is right, but dont forget there's a life behind PAW, k? Sometimes it seems people take it too serious, putting lots of effort (as you say everytime there's a confusion/misunderstanding here) on running it and act as if we all were in a real judgement.

That's all!

I posted the thread with support from other PAW players that it was the right thing to do. It is news that is important for all and should be discussed, it also gave a chance for QS to post an apology. What if I just deleted QS from the table without any reasoning, that would be even worse.

I did the same with matija-seles. Posting a thread also will deter other players who intend to cheat too...

crazillo
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:01 AM

I think he wasn't bothered by the fact he is banned for a while, but the way it has been published. It is posted like a real affair and a big crime. A PM to Quick would have been enough, I think that is what he meant and i also think it got too much attention that way.

andrew_uk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:05 AM
Saschas:

If Quick Snick was just deleted from the table, then I think every1 deserves an explanation why. If Aidan didn't say why, then every1 would ask anyway :lol:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:06 AM
but dont forget there's a life behind PAW, k? !

What the hell has this got to do with it?

A game is a game, and rules must be followed.

You have neve rrun a PAW tournament, you don't know how serious this is looking from a PAW Manager's perspective.

crazillo
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:09 AM
Saschas:

If Quick Snick was just deleted from the table, then I think every1 deserves an explanation why. If Aidan didn't say why, then every1 would ask anyway :lol:

Andys.....
Imagine his situation now... He apologied for it.... He feels guilty.. When he reads posts ā la jrm ("you will be remembered forever as the first cheater") or so I would have thought a bit about him before, too.
He understood his mistake and yes, it was one, but OMG, life goes on.
A thread like that to point it out like a murderer was found and arrested is certainly NOT necessairy.
He must feel much joy to play PAW in the future again. :rolleyes:
A PM to him and a short, simple message in the thread would have been enough. And as succesful, because he would have admitted it, too.
:)

Hantuchov
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:11 AM
What the hell has this got to do with it?

A game is a game, and rules must be followed.

Nothing related to you, I know you're not like those ones who dont take paw thaaaaaat serious ;)

As someone above said, that's past!

I'll just look forward now :wavey:

andrew_uk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:18 AM
I know Saschas :wavey:

jrm is entitled to her own opinion.

At the end of the day, a rule was broken, it has a penalty, Nick will do the penalty.

We all appreciate Nick's apology.

So there's no need for all these people to hype up the 1 month ban :lol:

crazillo
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:20 AM
I know Saschas :wavey:

jrm is entitled to her own opinion.

At the end of the day, a rule was broken, it has a penalty, Nick will do the penalty.

We all appreciate Nick's apology.

So there's no need for all these people to hype up the 1 month ban :lol:

I don't say it is wrong to bann him. I just think it could have been solved a bit better for both sides....

Oh BTW, if I still am an admin, I would like to hear about it a bit earlier the next time, OK? :p

I hope it is OK now. :bounce: :wavey:

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:22 AM
I have edited the thread title so it is not so hard on QS...

andrew_uk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:23 AM
I know you didn't say it's wrong to ban him, but some people here think it is harsh, then they try to make out Aidan is the 1 hyping things up and say he needs to move on and that PAW is his life etc etc. But they are the ones who don't want to accept the rule and are hyping things up themselves.

crazillo
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:24 AM
I know you didn't say it's wrong to ban him, but some people here think it is harsh, then they try to make out Aidan is the 1 hyping things up and say he needs to move on and that PAW is his life etc etc. But they are the ones who don't want to accept the rule and are hyping things up himself.

But see, this actually does not have to do anything with the case QS. A PM would have avoided all those comments.

Thanx Aidan for editing it. :)

Wiggly
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:26 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I never think about delete my bad PAWS :eek:

andrew_uk
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:27 AM
Yes, but on the other hand, all people had to do is thank Nick for the apology. It was not necessary for them to comment on the ban, a rule is a rule.

crazillo
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:29 AM
Aidan chose this option, I would have chosen another one.
I don't think this should split us admins... ;)

I think we should let close that thread so that no more posts are allowed. ;)

Hayato
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:45 AM
I am over this, i really don't care is QS cheated, even if i does affect me. Some of YOU are the one's taking it too seriously, not just QS.

köj-č
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:00 AM
stop this conversation id you dont want to hurt QS.. :)

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 22nd, 2005, 08:11 AM
are you planning on making a movie of this?...it's ok! i broke a rule=i'm not playing for one month! i have other things to do! I think my brain doesn't work correctly early in the morning:p i've learnt from this, I won't do it once again and i'll start again at the end of feb.

:wavey:

jrm
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:10 AM
.....jrm, are you perfect or something??

Do you know Ben Johnson, Canadian sprinter who broke the world record in 1988 and failed the doping test?

Good for you admitting but that doesn't change the fact that you have cheated :angel:

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:43 AM
Do you know Ben Johnson, Canadian sprinter who broke the world record in 1988 and failed the doping test?

Good for you admitting but that doesn't change the fact that you have cheated :angel:
:yeah:

Ravsieg
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:01 PM
I had a bad few days in PAW but I never considered deleting posts to hide my bad PAW picks.

So I have trouble understanding

sorry but its how I feel

Yes I never considered it either, I want to make that clear.

I thought about this after I left and I came to the conclusion that people could wrongly think my posts in defense of QuickSnick meant I cheat/cheated/would cheat. Which isn't and won't be true.

spencercarlos
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
LOL now this makes me laught a lot.... :lol:
Ok.. i`ll stop :p
First this is a game, the word "losing mind" is ridiculous, if someone was better than you try better next time and move on.

If this person feels this banning thing is so "huge" and that "he/she can barely live" without playing PAW create another username and play that week with it if that makes it feel better.

AIDAN i support this rules 100% people should learn to play fair. Hugs :kiss:

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:59 PM
If this person feels this banning thing is so "huge" and that "he/she can barely live" without playing PAW create another username and play that week with it if that makes it feel better.
this person doesn't think it's a huge punishment....:p he can live happily and no: he will not create another account, it takes too long to think about the username:p

spencercarlos
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:10 PM
this person doesn't think it's a huge punishment....:p he can live happily and no: he will not create another account, it takes too long to think about the username:p
I did not mean to you :p but to the person saying that the punishment was kind of serious :p

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
oops, okay! :haha:

spencercarlos
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Btw, good luck to y'all.
;) Nice to see the apology from you.
No hard feelings, these things can happen, im just glad Spikey is monitoring everything to make the game as fair as possible. It must take a lot time definetly a :worship: to him

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:44 PM
Had you not been discovered, would you ever have admitted that you cheated? What if you had won it at all? Anyway, I still respect that you confessed after the fact.
yes, i would have admitted ;) even if i had won it

crazillo
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
I only wanted to defend you. I did not make a drama out of it, you know who did. :o

Ravsieg
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
First this is a game, the word "losing mind" is ridiculous, if someone was better than you try better next time and move on.

You're speaking to a guy who throws racquets on every practice match out of rage of things not going well :p But this temper is only on competition though.

I know people like you won't understand the feeling, but I'm other "hothead when competing" so I know what it's like, and I understand it. I'd prefer you give us some understanding on different ways of reacting, rather than laugh about it.

Harju.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:45 PM
Ok I dont want to sound grumpy, but blame the time, it's past midnight and I just came back tired and feel like bitching. I think whatever Spikey has done [which means if he wants to ban QS all decade] is his right or whatever you call it as the person who runs it. Yes perhaps he was harsh, but that's partly because he spends lots of times to run the game for whom? US, hello? He has done a very great job, wasting hours to make the game looks great. HARDWORK people.

Now the least thing you guys could do is to support whatever he has done cause someone is obviously cheating [and he even asked few people to ensure that he was right]. Yes, QS admitted it in the end but then again like jrm said, it doesn't change the fact that QS cheated. Yes, it's just a game. But again, put your shoes on Aidy's.

Then again, who am I right? A little prick who is bitching because he's a little drunk. Well, just my little 2 cents.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Cheating is so pointless.

Captain.Canada
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
Andys.....
Imagine his situation now... He apologied for it.... He feels guilty.. When he reads posts ā la jrm ("you will be remembered forever as the first cheater") or so I would have thought a bit about him before, too.
He understood his mistake and yes, it was one, but OMG, life goes on.
A thread like that to point it out like a murderer was found and arrested is certainly NOT necessairy.
He must feel much joy to play PAW in the future again. :rolleyes:
A PM to him and a short, simple message in the thread would have been enough. And as succesful, because he would have admitted it, too.
:)

I agree with everything Spikey has said in this thread so far! Being too leniant and not making a big deal and keeping everything hush hush will make it very appealing for people to cheat. There should be no warnings. I think it is really important that people make a big deal out of cheating. The bottom line is that it is a game and games must be played fairly, otherwise there's no point in playing. Cheaters ruin the game. Now that pretty much everyone knows what has happened to Quicksnick, people won't consider cheating as much. And maybe if cheaters had been publicized a little more in the past, people wouldn't have cheated afterwards. Life will go on, this isn't a big deal at all, when people create threads, it doesn't mean that it's a big deal, look at all the boring threads that have been started on this board. See you in a month Quicksnick.

Hayato
Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:48 AM
Nice move, Quick!

QuickSnick may rather be in jail with the way people carrying on :lol: :sad:

andrew_uk
Jan 23rd, 2005, 03:54 AM
OMG! A rule was broken, that just means he can't play for a month, he accepts it, its not a big deal. Stop making a drama out of the punishment!

WTA Handicapper
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:22 AM
Hi

One point for me.

If Spikey and Sandg didnt spend so many of their leisure hours managing our Tour.there would be NO Paw:sad: .
No Paw would mean a lot of disappointed members on this board,so I support any decision either of them make.Every game needs someone to run it properly and fairly,we should all be very grateful that we have two of the best managers around in Aidan and Sandg,as you can write on a postage stamp Im sure the names of any other person who can do the job to anything like the standard they set.

spencercarlos
Jan 23rd, 2005, 01:25 PM
You're speaking to a guy who throws racquets on every practice match out of rage of things not going well :p But this temper is only on competition though.

I know people like you won't understand the feeling, but I'm other "hothead when competing" so I know what it's like, and I understand it. I'd prefer you give us some understanding on different ways of reacting, rather than laugh about it.
Of course i understand if you react emotionally while playing a real GAME.. (tennis or whatever) but playing a prediction online game? NO way..

James
Jan 23rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
Of course i understand if you react emotionally while playing a real GAME.. (tennis or whatever) but playing a prediction online game? NO way..I think the difference you refer to doesn't exist. A lot of people like to win, that is what society is about. It doesn't matter whether it is a tennis match, a game of Monopoly at home or PAW. Of course you can question the value people attach to it and a tennis game would then differ from playing PAW, cause there is less to gain in PAW. The principle is the same though.

crazillo
Jan 23rd, 2005, 11:45 PM
OMG! A rule was broken, that just means he can't play for a month, he accepts it, its not a big deal. Stop making a drama out of the punishment!

Delete the thread. ;)

Ravsieg
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I think the difference you refer to doesn't exist. A lot of people like to win, that is what society is about. It doesn't matter whether it is a tennis match, a game of Monopoly at home or PAW. Of course you can question the value people attach to it and a tennis game would then differ from playing PAW, cause there is less to gain in PAW. The principle is the same though.

You're absolutely right. When I enter some competition my goal is to win and nothing else. If by some silly mistake I lose my chances, I lose my head. It doesn't matter if it's Monopoly as you say, some basketball match on the Physics Education class, a videogame match against my brother, a national tournament of table tennis or just a friendly game of tennis with a classmate.

Our physical presence doesn't matter, it's us who are playing anyway.

Buitenzorg
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:06 AM
I would rather get 0 pts than trying to cheat to be on TOP :p

sandg
Mar 24th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I recorded LostGlory have deleted his wrong picks twice (maybe more if he did it when I wasn't online),

Today, 11:01 AM #286
LostGlory

vCash: $450
PAW08: V. Kutuzova.(WC) OVER V. Ruano-Pascual

Today, 04:13 PM #295
LostGlory

vCash: $450
PAW08: S. Mirza.(WC)OVER M.A. Sanchez-Lorenzo

I decide that he will suffer a penalty of being defaulted from PAW Miami will serve one month Ban from playing PAW .

He can start to play PAW at,

Week 14: Warsaw (II) or Estoril (IV)

SpikeyAidanm
Mar 24th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Good decision :)

LostGlory
Mar 25th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Hi everyone....sandaq asked me to explain this for you...so here you go I copied and pasted my explanation....I'm sorry about the inconvinience....

my 12 year old neice (who is a computer wizard at her age) was staying over last night...I explained the game for her and showed her how it is done....and told her she could play 4 picks....I didn't tell her she can not delete and I'm sorry for that, she was on the computer playing games for a couple of hours.....I'm sorry if anything illegal was done....there is nothing I could do now....

James
Mar 25th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Sounds like a reasonable explanation. Will there be a ban now or not?

sandg
Mar 25th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Sounds like a reasonable explanation. Will there be a ban now or not?

He can start to play PAW again at,

Week 14: Warsaw (II) or Estoril (IV)

James
Mar 25th, 2005, 05:26 PM
I feel bad for his niece. She must feel bad because of this.

LostGlory
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:22 PM
I dont think it is fair either....but I'll have to accept it......it seems that real life tennis is so much different than playing PAW on here....if something goes wrong on court you either pay a fine or loose a point or two max....you are never banned for a few tournaments......and by the way I'm a SHE.

James
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:23 PM
I dont think it is fair either....but I'll have to accept it......it seems that real life tennis is so much different than playing PAW on here....if something goes wrong on court you either pay a fine or loose a point or two max....you are never banned for a few tournaments......and by the way I'm a SHE.

I keep making those mistakes. It would help if we could see if someone is male or female. :lol:

LostGlory
Mar 25th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I keep making those mistakes. It would help if we could see if someone is male or female. :lol:

Dont worry you wont be banned for this mistake....Have a good one....

LostGlory
Mar 29th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Good decision :)

I actually think it is the wrong decision, because it makes one loose interest in playing PAW as a whole, This is supposed to be a fun game......A good decision IMO would be to give zero points for the posts that were deleted and an additional penelty depending on the reason why this was done....otherwise why do you need to explain yourself if regardless you would be penelized the same. I dont think any decent person would delete posts intentionally......but then that is my opinion.....

SpikeyAidanm
Mar 29th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Anyone can say my sister/brother deleted their post... what if sandg hadn't caught you...

crazillo
Mar 29th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Talk about that in MSN, but don't make a public discussion out of that.

LostGlory
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Anyone can say my sister/brother deleted their post... what if sandg hadn't caught you...

Sure if they were childish or kids or looking for stupid excuse or reason for cheating....I keep forgetting the age range on this board......

Shonami Slam
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM

OK!! all in favour that LostGlory buys us Icecream say Ay!! :bounce: :lol:

lol, i think people are all to harsh on others.
humans are a vengous, hating, blood-sucking creature that tends to judge much harsher than God.
:angel: :angel: SAVE THE WORLD - KILL YOURSELF :angel: :angel:
:lol:

LostGlory
Mar 30th, 2005, 05:56 AM
OK!! all in favour that LostGlory buys us Icecream say Ay!! :bounce: :lol:

lol, i think people are all to harsh on others.
humans are a vengous, hating, blood-sucking creature that tends to judge much harsher than God.
:angel: :angel: SAVE THE WORLD - KILL YOURSELF :angel: :angel:
:lol:

Maybe a lolipop would be more appropreiate....the way I see things my friend is that this board is like anything and everything else in this world.....there are the pessimists and the optimists, the people that see a glass as 1/2 full and others that see it 1/2 empty, people who are willing to give others the benifit of the doubt and others who take life too serious regardless of how simple and beautiful it is......Ok this is the last I will say on this topic because I guess we are a lil bit off topic here......
Have a great day everyone.....

sandg
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:07 PM
bump
to move up this thread

I really hate to do this, since this thread didn't up in long time.

Someone has done forbiden action, delete his wrong pick or replacement pick :o :sad:

LUXXXAS
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:24 PM
:eek: who?:mad:

James
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:26 PM
Shocking news. :eek:

SilK
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:34 PM
OMG! :eek:

PAW controversy! Finally, it's been like two months! :lol:

Who is it?

James
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
OMG! :eek:

PAW controversy! Finally, it's been like two months! :lol:

Who is it?

And a controversy you are not involved in. That's a first. :lol:

SilK
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:38 PM
And a controversy you are not involved in. That's a first. :lol:

we don't know that yet :o :hehehe: :o

though I don't believe I did anything like that :scratch:

LUXXXAS
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
so... who is a CHEATER?:o :mad: :eek: :fiery:

sandg
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
:eek: who?:mad:

I will anounce it when the LT day-4 release.
Just a few info that the old post#467 is missing

LUXXXAS
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:47 PM
oh so someone deleted Schruff over Sugiyama :eek:

Tennace
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:52 PM
:eek: I wonder who it was :confused: watch it be me :lol:

Tennace
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:55 PM
It's not me since my picks are still there. My comp has been acting strange lately, not letting me post in certain threads, saying some thread are unavailable :confused: Atleast I know its not me :lol:

crazillo
Mar 2nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
OMG, why did it have to happen? :sad:

jrm
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:06 PM
Newbie?

James
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
Newbie?

Likely so.

SilK
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
It wasn't me either! :)

Varvagina
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
It was in Doha so it wasn't me :woohoo:

Louis Cyphre
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:22 PM
2 years ban :lol:

Ballbasher
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:30 PM
I never PAWed Schruff over Sugiyama so it wasn´t me

Tennace
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:36 PM
Right here

I am so sorry about :o this Yesterday i picked PAW10:Hingis def. Kuznetsova
PAW11:Sugiyama def. Schruff and later i canceled PAW11 and played PAW11:Schruff def. Sugiyama and somehow i deleted that post because i wasnt sure but im saying this because i dont want to cheat and want this game to be fair so can you please count that post that i accidently deleted because i dont want to be a cheater :angel:

LUXXXAS
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:40 PM
say hello to 1 month ban...

SilK
Mar 2nd, 2006, 04:41 PM
Andy is a cheater. He broke the rules. He needs to be punished. :)

Varvagina
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:06 PM
I think a permaban is the rightn punishment here !!!

Hantuchov
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:17 PM
What's his ranking?!

If he's higher ranked than me, I think he should be banned! :angel: :angel: :angel:

Where is Tina?!

She needs to be harsh with the guy and tell him that he'll be forever remembered as the cheater !!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

UDACHi
Mar 2nd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Juicy shit. :lick:

QuicKyMonSter
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
yucks! :tape: did you have to bump this up? :o:o:o:sad:

QuicKyMonSter
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:58 PM
Where is Tina?!

She needs to be harsh with the guy and tell him that he'll be forever remembered as the cheater !!! :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Tina :armed::haha:

SpikeyAidanm
Mar 2nd, 2006, 08:51 PM
4th ever PAW ban in the history of the game....

mapaliey
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
4th ever PAW ban in the history of the game....

Can u tell me the story ??????????/ :eek:

kfh_9118
Mar 2nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
not again :mad:

sandg
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:41 AM
Andy, you have deleted this post,

Today, 01:53 AM #467
Andy

vCash: $321.288
cancel paw 11:Sugiyama def. Schruff
instead PAW11:Schruff def. Sugiyama

Andy
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Andy
Find More Posts by Andy
Add Andy to Your Buddy List

I really don't like to do but have to take decision : disqualified in PAW Doha and got a month ban in PAW.
So you can't play in Indian Wells & Miami and can play again from Amelia Island 2006.

Hopefully you can understand for this decision, and not do it again in next time.

SpikeyAidanm
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Can u tell me the story ??????????/ :eek:
what story?

Marcus1979
Mar 3rd, 2006, 09:56 AM
what story?

think he means about other 3 people being done for cheating

mapaliey
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:27 AM
think he means about other 3 people being done for cheating

yes..yes....tell me the other 3 :rolleyes:

jrm
Mar 3rd, 2006, 11:53 AM
A month???

PAW is getting soft!!!

sandg
Mar 3rd, 2006, 12:24 PM
yes..yes....tell me the other 3 :rolleyes:

just read this thread from post#1

mapaliey
Mar 3rd, 2006, 10:08 PM
just read this thread from post#1

hey mas, gue gak punya waktu lagi................. :devil: :wavey:

sandg
Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:20 AM
needed to bump this thread

many newbie run this game
For all players, please keep the game in fair play.
Don't ever delete/edit your wrong pick(s)

njnetswill
Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:33 AM
Are there ways to track deleted/edited threads?

sandg
Sep 23rd, 2006, 05:02 AM
Are there ways to track deleted/edited threads?

Before the matches was started, copied the PAW thread page by page and paste it notepad or something.

sandg
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:23 AM
bump

for attention to new players who didn't know it

QuicKyMonSter
Jan 16th, 2007, 11:58 AM
is it really necessary to bump this thread all the f time??
i thought the punishment only included a one month ban...not also reminding me i did something wrong all the time.

thanks.

Chris 84
Jan 16th, 2007, 10:17 PM
I agree with Quicky....this thread should be deleted imo.

sandg
Jan 17th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Sorry, I didn't realize that the "bump" hurt to some person. :sad:

I just saw some newbie in PAW did some "test" to break the hole by editing or "editing" or didn't know any rules of this "action".
Because of tired and timeless of running PAW, I take simply way by "bump up" this thread to give warning to them.

Agree, It should be make new thread of this problems but currently I'm tired & timeless to give some responses and arguement of this problem. Maybe any person will be "the commitee" who will give decision of it.

Slumpsova
Jan 17th, 2007, 03:11 AM
sandg you can ask spikey to delete quicky's name :D
this thread should be bumped anyway.

Hachiko
Jan 17th, 2007, 03:19 AM
I think the person would be well aware they were breaking the rules by deleting their post.

I don't see why they should be given the privilege of being warned.

Aleksz
Jun 15th, 2007, 01:09 PM
*bump*

:p

QuicKyMonSter
Jun 15th, 2007, 05:14 PM
and the point is...? :shrug:

SloKid
Jun 20th, 2007, 08:05 PM
A month???

PAW is getting soft!!!
If that was soft, now you can delete your posts and get caught and don't get a suspension or anything. :rolleyes:

Just Do It
Jul 8th, 2007, 08:59 PM
damn, I just read this thread, it is hilarious :haha: