PDA

View Full Version : (2) Mauresmo def. Ivanovic 6-2 7-5

Andrew.
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:26 AM
Congrats Amelie.

That was a painful match to watch. Many more UE's than winners from both players. Just a really ugly match.

rated_next
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:27 AM
Well done Amelie :)

©@®eLess
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:28 AM
yeah awful match, both players just weren't there. Serve was terrible, and Ana just hit too many into the net :(.

Wiggly
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:28 AM
Yeah! Ugly match! No drama. nothing and so many UE's :rolleyes:

Shenanigans
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:30 AM
Good job Momo nice to see you are conserving energy for the QF ;)

©@®eLess
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:31 AM
i was expecting something like match vs. Venus, but then again Ana played 11 matches in 13 days and i think her head was just tired. :sad:

Martian Jeza
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:32 AM
yeah awful match, both players just weren't there. Serve was terrible, and Ana just hit too many into the net :(.

too many into the net ? She can become a great soccer player lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Better luck next time, Ana and next year you will be back at the AO stronger and better :worship:

Joana
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:32 AM
Ana :bigcry:
It's a shame she didn't show what's she's made of. The first set was abysmal, she played better in the second, and had chances there, as Amelie was terrible, but those errors kept coming. Still, she showed some flashes of great play, and had some monster serves.
But well done to her, her trip to Australia has been most successful, now it's time to start practising again. Her time will come!

Amelie :)
At least it was her who beat Ana. But she must play much better than this.

Mr_Molik
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:39 AM
ugh. ivanovic was extremely unimpressive. she had no idea how to handle mauresmos slice and was way too one dimensional.

©@®eLess
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:48 AM
ugh. ivanovic was extremely unimpressive. she had no idea how to handle mauresmos slice and was way too one dimensional.

yeah, but imagine Kirilenko then.

Mr_Molik
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:50 AM
yeah, but imagine Kirilenko then.ugh x 1000000 :p

Joana
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:53 AM
yeah, but imagine Kirilenko then.Well, I imagine she didn't make 100000 foolish errors agianst Kirilenko. ;)
She played a lot of tennis over the last two weeks. And no matter how confident she is, she had to be nervous playing on such a huge stadium against the #2 player in the world. So, one match unimpressive as it may have seemed doesn't tell us much. Her career has just started. :D

Linnie
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:56 AM
Momo :banana:

I am now officially a fan of Ana's! She's gonna be up there very, very soon :D

Aretha Franklin
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:57 AM
well done amelie warrior princess.

bad luck incandescent ivanovic.

Martian Jeza
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:00 AM

I will cheer Ana during her whole career but fan ? Nope, the word fan , I only use it for Marti :D

Libertango
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:04 AM
Boooooring....:( Congrats Amelie.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:06 AM
Ana :sad: :bigcry: :(
put a better effort in 2nd set but could stretch her lead
too many UE's :sad:

mauresmofan
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:14 AM

*Grabs Linnies hand as I jump on board the Ana band wagon*;)

Linnie
Jan 21st, 2005, 01:26 AM
*Grabs Linnies hand as I jump on board the Ana band wagon*;)Let's go! http://www.kurts-smilies.de/marsch.gif :lol:

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 21st, 2005, 02:52 AM
I couldn't bear to watch this. Every time I had a look at it on the teeve, Amelie seemed to do something terrible. I'm glad I turned it off so she could win.

Now, Amelie, the idea is to hit the ball over the net. Got it? ;)

LostGlory
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:27 AM
You guys are just horrible....Did anyone of you ever played Tennis high noon when the tempereture simply fries your brain, Do you have any idea what that means????...well they did it and they did it for you....stop being so horrible....did you even see how the Unbeatable Roger Federer played today, it is simply impossible conditions, the players are almost all dehydrated and exhausted....Have some Mercy and stop battering them...

Jamesss
Jan 21st, 2005, 06:42 AM
It would have been horrendous to play in that heat. What is worse is the humidity!:aww: I thought Momo would have held it together better, she is such an athlete. All that counts is that she got through...another evening or afternoon match would be soo much better!

Another job well done Momo! Please stay fit!

swiss
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:01 AM
Amélie :bounce: :bounce: good job
Ana, best luck for your next match :)

Drimal
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:33 AM
Great Job Amelie! :bounce: :bounce:

Jakeev
Jan 21st, 2005, 07:54 AM
Blaming the weather aside, in at least Ana's defense, it was a pretty big occasion for her. 15 years old, playing in the third round of a Grand Slam against the worlds No. 2 player.

As for Amelie, looks like she has some stuff to weed out in her game.

suzie
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:55 AM
Well done Amélie!!
Ana couldn't put her game in court today but we better watch this girl! she will rock!
(btw she's 17) ;)

Sadka
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:03 AM
:worship: MomO !!

stenen
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:36 AM
You guys are just horrible....Did anyone of you ever played Tennis high noon when the tempereture simply fries your brain, Do you have any idea what that means????...well they did it and they did it for you....stop being so horrible....did you even see how the Unbeatable Roger Federer played today, it is simply impossible conditions, the players are almost all dehydrated and exhausted....Have some Mercy and stop battering them...

When Amélie and Ana began to play it was 22C° and by the time it was finished it was 28 C°. However it feels warmer on court, Rod Laver particular when there's hardly any breeze. It's like being cooked in a pot. They can cover this court with a roof if conditions would get too hot.
Anyway, well done Amélie, great play at the net. Otherwise not the prettiest match.

Grohl
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:38 AM
go momo!!!

Jorn
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:27 PM
Ana :sad:

too many errors. But her time will come!!