PDA

View Full Version : ESPN has a new sob story...

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:15 AM
...:bigcry: :bigcry:

I feel for James Blake and I love him but OK...WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, is Pat Mac gay? :tape:

faboozadoo15
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:17 AM
some people don't know... and a lot of average fans learned a lot about him already tonight and now they are probably watching it with a little more heart.

yes, i can understand it annoying a real tennis fan who knows all about this stuff, but he JUST came back and is playing so well, i think it's warranted.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:20 AM
But they mentioned it like ten times already...I bet you we will hear it every match for the next two or three years...Kind of like the Popova story...:rolleyes:

jacobruiz
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Agree with Faboozadoo15. They certainly want to attract more fans to tennis and many people watching do not follow tennis closely enough to know much about the players' personal issues if they know anything at all.

Sometimes I do wish they'd get some new material, however.

tennischick
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:29 AM
i agree. "and just when he got over breaking his neck, he got a virus. and just when he started getting over the virus, he lost his hearing. and just when he got back his hearing, his father died...and so on....". i don't mean to be unsympathetic but enuf already.

Knizzle
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:34 AM
:rolleyes: @ this thread. I didn't hear anyone complaining when the Williams sisters troubles from 2004 are mentioned.

lizchris
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:35 AM
There is another part of Blake's story that ESPN won't go into and I think for good reason.

BK4ever
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:36 AM
There is another part of Blake's story that ESPN won't go into and I think for good reason.

what part of the story? you not talking about the other siblings he has that no one ever talks about or are u referring to the other thing ;)

tennisfan1972
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:36 AM
What part is that lizchris?? What did i miss?

LeRoy.
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:37 AM
what story ?

abbygael
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:37 AM
one thing everybody already knows!!

Blake is really HOT!!!!

faboozadoo15
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:38 AM
i'd like to know what is meant by your post.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Liz is just starting shit...acting like a Blake family insider...:rolleyes:

lizchris
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:44 AM
It has nothing to do with other siblings, but something more serious.

There has been a disturbing story going on in the US that has gotten little media attention that has to do with black celebrities and James' family has gotten caught up in it. About two years ago, some high profile black male celebrities who are married to white women started getting racist vicious hate mail. The writer, who many believe is a white woman, says that the black man will be castrated and burned alive if he doesn't leave his white wife. Some of the celebrities who have recieved this letter are Supreme Court justice Clarence Thomas, actor Taye Diggs, a Miami Dolphin football player, and a few basketball players. Blake's parents got the letter after this person saw James and his family in a magazine. The FBI is supposed to be investigating this case.

tennisfan1972
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Oh ok, thanks CAM

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:45 AM
The sob story seems to be turning into a SUCCESSFULL COMEBACK story. :D

lizchris
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Liz is just starting shit...acting like a Blake family insider...:rolleyes:

Cam, you live in the NY area like I do. Don't tell me you didn't hear about this story and that James Blake got caught up in it.:rolleyes:

harloo
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:49 AM
James Blake is da man!! Hopefully he keeps fighting Hewitt to win. We all know his story, but they will keep rambling on so just deal with it.;)

GO JAMES!:D

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:01 AM
Cam, you live in the NY area like I do. Don't tell me you didn't hear about this story and that James Blake got caught up in it.:rolleyes:Oh yeah...I've heard that...The same thing with Tay Diggs and his wife...:(

jacobruiz
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Why do "many believe it's a white woman"?.

faboozadoo15
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:06 AM
i live in new york too and hadn't heard about this. thanks for telling me. that's really pathetic. let's hope they figure this stuff out.

faboozadoo15
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Why do "many believe it's a white woman"?.
because a white woman may feel like she's "defending one of her own" but on the same time, it could be a black person who sees these successful black men marrying white women as a slam against their race.
liz might have a better answer.

lizchris
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:13 AM
faboozadoo15, you are correct, but the FBI profilers say that usually white people write these type of letters, especially those dealing with the sexual mutiliation of a black man. Some profiles believe that the writer could be a white male trying to pass himself off as a white woman.

RYNJ
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:17 AM
james blake is soo cute

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:24 AM
James is out there pimping. He just went up 6-5 second set already up a set. And will serve for the set.

faboozadoo15
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM
faboozadoo15, you are correct, but the FBI profilers say that usually white people write these type of letters, especially those dealing with the sexual mutiliation of a black man. Some profiles believe that the writer could be a white male trying to pass himself off as a white woman.
or it could be a really sneaky black woman passing herself off as a black man impersonating a white man impersonating a white woman.

see liz, when you watch the news, does it anger you when there's a violent crime and they report "police suspect it was a black man about 6'1" in height..." yet you have no problem saying that "it's usually white people who write these types of letters." i mean, the percentages might be there, but really, it just gets old. let'f go on evidence, not profiling. a lot of people have gone to jail and died because of percentages.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
or it could be a really sneaky black woman passing herself off as a black man impersonating a white man impersonating a white woman.

see liz, when you watch the news, does it anger you when there's a violent crime and they report "police suspect it was a black man about 6'1" in height..." yet you have no problem saying that "it's usually white people who write these types of letters." i mean, the percentages might be there, but really, it just gets old. let'f go on evidence, not profiling. a lot of people have gone to jail and died because of percentages.
FBI profiling is a science...I am sure Liz was not saying it's a white woman 100% and it's not based on generalization.

lizchris
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:15 PM
FBI profiling is a science...I am sure Liz was not saying it's a white woman 100% and it's not based on generalization.

Thank you; that's exactly what I am saying.

lizchris
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:18 PM

It could be, but you don't know.

BTW, when I said that it is ususally a white person who writes these type of letters, I was repeating what was reported, not my opinion. Personally, I don't care who the letter writer is; I just hope they are caught as soon as possible.

lizchris

It could be, but you don't know.

BTW, when I said that it is ususally a white person who writes these type of letters, I was repeating what was reported, not my opinion. Personally, I don't care who the letter writer is; I just hope they are caught as soon as possible.

AjdeNate!
www.menstennisforums.com (http://www.menstennisforums.com) :wavey:

icequeen
:rolleyes: @ this thread. I didn't hear anyone complaining when the Williams sisters troubles from 2004 are mentioned.

It was not mentioned. Maybe once.