PDA

View Full Version : I didn't see any problem with the Chinese fans ...

Volcana
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:47 AM
.. in the Venus Williams - Shaui Peng match. Venus certainly double-faulted a couple times, and made more than a few unforced errors, and I didn't here anything untoward from the crowd. They certainly weren't cheering Venus' errors, and Shaui Peng is Chinese #1.

That doesn't prove no one misbehaved in other matches, but there were certainly Chinese fans there, and they displayed the usual level of decorum for tennis fans. That could be, I admit, that they just happen to like Venus more than most non-Chinese players, but I have no evidence to support that. (The Chinese WERE, apparently, quite taken with Serena while she was winning Beijing.) Likelier, bad behavoiur was the province of a few, and they chose not to buy the (possibly more expensive) Rod Laver ticket.

Rocketta
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:48 AM
yeah it kind of throws a wrench into that whole the "chinese" are rude theory.

faboozadoo15
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:16 AM
yes, i was thinking the same. maybe it's only noticeable on the outside courts? also, the crowds there can pack it in and be way louder to the players bc they're so much closer.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:18 AM
I was wondering the same thing...Maybe they are just afraid of black Americans...:p

kabuki
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:20 AM
I was wondering the same thing...Maybe they are just afraid of black Americans...:p

Stop. :tape: :p

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:20 AM
:armed:

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:21 AM
outside courts are no where near the same as the big courts
much more rowdy, and intense and alot better.

Volcana
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:24 AM
outside courts are no where near the same as the big courts
much more rowdy, and intense and alot better.Okay, but it ISN'T that the fans are Chinese. I think we've established that much.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:29 AM
its got nothing to do who the chinese, its just that the matches on outside courts aren't presold and you get fans of that countries nationality all congragating together.
Happens whoever is playing.
Its alot better on the outside courts for sure.

Big Courts all have tickets sold well before hand and that prob doesnt arise, hence lack of atmosphere.

abbygael
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Question to all posters in this thread.

Were you all in Australia now witnessing these things in person? Just wonderin before I make my comments. I'm not saying Chinese are rude coz i believed everybody have their own bad moment.

"Topaz"
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:50 AM
I think the Chinese by and large are feeling the whole world, searching for their right place, given their new status of world's 2nd economic power. Also, they are not in that black and white conundrum.

Volcana
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Question to all posters in this thread.

Were you all in Australia now witnessing these things in person?No. I just watched the entire Venus Williams - Shaui peng match on TV though. That's why I'm able to say the problem isn't simply the Chinese fans.

abbygael
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:42 AM
No. I just watched the entire Venus Williams - Shaui peng match on TV though. That's why I'm able to say the problem isn't simply the Chinese fans.

If did'nt witness it in person and just seeing limitedly on TV, I WOULD JUST SHUT MY MOUTH and let others who was there do the judgement.

Jakeev
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:58 AM
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but I was under the impression from Mary Carillo that Peng is not really part of the Chinese Federation since she lives and trains in Florida.

I did not know that about her and that could perhaps be why the Chinese fans are not as prevalent in her matches as they are with the others.

Chunchun
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:02 AM
:yeah:

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Usually any group of fans do not get as involved when the match is a blow out. It would also be less noticeable in a huge stadium like rod laver.
I think all the probems occured on the smaller outer courts where you can here a kangaroo cut wind... ;)

Experimentee
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I've said time and time again that the Chinese were not rude in any match in question, and so have several other posters. Only one person said they were rude, he happens to be very biased against the Chinese players, but somehow he is the only one who is believed :rolleyes:
Usually if fans are loud and rowdy you'd be able to see it on tv. The loudest fans, like the Swedes, Croats, Serbs, Greeks can all be heard on tv. Why could you not notice the Chinese despite them alleging being so loud and rude? You have to really question the one who reported that from seeing that Venus match, even if you dont believe me and the many others who said AUSBOY was lying.

TS
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Once again my post follows Experimentee's, and once again I have to agree with her.

This whole thing has been blown WAY out of proportion....waaaay out. It's quite amusing, but at the same time really irritating because there *is* no story here folks. Talk about a beat up.

Volcana
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:21 PM
If did'nt witness it in person and just seeing limitedly on TV, I WOULD JUST SHUT MY MOUTH and let others who was there do the judgement.I agree. YOU should do that. In fact, stop posting altogether.

Modiac.
Jan 20th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I am a Chinese. I admit , quality of a small part of chinese is very low, but this does not means all Chinese are rude audience !!!
it's a stupid theory!

ashwu
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but I was under the impression from Mary Carillo that Peng is not really part of the Chinese Federation since she lives and trains in Florida.

I did not know that about her and that could perhaps be why the Chinese fans are not as prevalent in her matches as they are with the others.
actually it's tianjin tennis federation who sent peng shuai and other young players from tianjin to america.
no, we cheer for her just like we cheer for other chinese girls.
trained in usa = have great fans?????? :tape: :tape: :tape:
i see most people here don't even know the fact but just quickly drew their conclusion according to their own imagination...

this whole 'rude chinese fans' thing is just so boring. i can't believe i have to read this kind of posts over and over again:mad:

i actually really like to see the cheering aussie or swede or croat crowd. as long as they don't keep booing the player, i think it's all ok, in fact it's very enjoyable~ they bring passion to the game. if a player can't deal with it, then it's his/her own problem, he/she needs to learn how to be a pro.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:39 PM
actually it's tianjin tennis federation who sent peng shuai and other young players from tianjin to america.
no, we cheer for her just like we cheer for other chinese girls.
trained in usa = have great fans?????? :tape: :tape: :tape:
i see most people here don't even know the fact but just quickly drew their conclusion according to their own imagination...

this whole 'rude chinese fans' thing is just so boring. i can't believe i have to read this kind of posts over and over again:mad:

i actually really like to see the cheering aussie or swede or croat crowd. as long as they don't keep booing the player, i think it's all ok, in fact it's very enjoyable~ they bring passion to the game. if a player can't deal with it, then it's his/her own problem, he/she needs to learn how to be a pro.True dat...:yeah:

Pengwin
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:52 PM
China LOVED Serena :) She is on all the billboards and is probably the most popular and most recognised Non-Chinese player there.

abbygael
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I agree. YOU should do that. In fact, stop posting altogether.
No, you dont agree, just let the witness to the testimony and you just shut up!!!! Dont you say a gospel like truth by just watching something on TV.