PDA

View Full Version : Does Chakvetadze have a chance against Dementieva?

Lachrymarum
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:18 PM
I've never seen Anna C. play but didn't know if she would be a threat to Lena D.
I was impressed with her upset over Myskina at the U.S. Open last year - could she upset another top seed?
I guess it depends on how Lena plays as well.
I'd be happy with either winning - but it would be nice to see this girl have another Grand Slam upset.
;)

Dava
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:24 PM
She is good, and could be a threat so if the match is clsoe I wont take it as a bad sign for Lena.

vogus
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Chakvetadze showed at USO that she is a very dangerous opponent, esp for Russians, and Lena D fans should definitely not take anything for granted here. If Lena is at less than 100 percent i think she will be beaten today.

goldenlox
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:37 PM
After the Olympics, Anastasia went into a slump.
But she pulled out of it to win Moscow, and make the YEC semis.
Lena should win. But Anna will compete well.

miffedmax
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I hope Lena stomps Anna into a little puddle of goo.

But I wouldn't go so far as to predict that. Lena and Nastya are both streaky, capable of beating or losing to anybody on the tour.

Max

Fantastic
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM
It's the start of the year. Anything could happen. It depends on how Anna handles the Dementieva second "slow ball". She handled Myskina's second "slow ball" very well at the US Open, but those were under different circumstances. I think Elena will win.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:06 PM
if Anna can keep it close early on she's got a chance
she plays very much like Nastya

Becool
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Go Anna! She's very cool! Hope kept the same cool hair as in US Open :)

KV
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:27 PM
You never know. She's the game the trouble the top players. Considering the results of Vera D & Zhenya. She might have.

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Chakvatadze was very tricky against Myskina, a crafty player I would say. She's def got a chance - it depends on how well she performs on that day