PDA

View Full Version : Israeli girls cheering thread!!

Shonami Slam
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:27 AM
hyderabad is one of the best tournaments for the israeli girls :
2003 - Obziler reaches the QF with wins over third seed lichovtseva and serra zanetti.
2004 - shahar peer qualifies to debut on the WTAtour maindraw and wins her first match against sun!
2005 - quite rare to get two israeli's at one tournament, but that's exactly what's gunna happen!
tzipi was then 130 in the world and lost to the finalist tulyagnova, now she's 115 and in good form, beating loit at the AO for one of her biggest wins yet.
shahar was ranked 484 in the world, and now she enters in the top 150!
she lost to home girl tammy (that plays smashnova in AO in a second round clash of former top 20 players) but put her mark on the women's tour.

this year - it's going to be double the fun!
the two already said that they want to play some doubles together, and they did a great job here in israel when they teamed up to win.
will this be a first doubles title for israeli women?

lot's to see!
good luck to them both!

drory
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:21 PM
hey shonami! :wavey:
how do you know that peer is in, maybe the top 150 ranking is to new
to count her in and she will have to qualifie?

any way good luck to both!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Shonami Slam
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:05 PM
for the entry list she's ranked 176 (her ranking from two weeks ago) so your'e correct that 150 won't be her official ranking :sad: BUT i don't know if it's the tournament rankings, or just at time of the commitment given. otherwise, she should be a seeded qualifier, and she should not have problems qualifying so i'm just counting my chickins before they hatch. :lol:
doubles, by the way - tzipi and shahar are both in the top 300, so they should recieve a spot there too. :)
she might get a main draw wildcard too. possible lucky loser :rolleyes: . who knows? the bottom line is that she should get in.
hopefully. :bounce:

drory
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:04 PM
i think she is the first on the qulifies list so she will be the first to go in if somone
will widrow any way her ranking after the oa slam will go up to 135 beacose of the
points she earnd from the qualifing (27 points).
do you know if she is going to play the junior on the ao?

Shonami Slam
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:52 PM
i suppose not.
it would be going back a step in my opinion.
i don't think sesil or nicole will do it, michealla too.
theyre playing with the big girls now, and if they want to win, they'll just need to work harder. it won't help her to play juniors.
but, she might. i don't know for sure.

drory
Jan 19th, 2005, 07:40 PM
both sesil or nicole or michaela are steal playing in the main drew so its logicle that
they wont play! peer didnt got this level in slams so i guss she will play the junior.

Shonami Slam
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:30 PM
a) sesil is out of the maindraw... :sad: :sad: :sad:
b) the junior draw is supposed to be out today sometime - i'll check later on.
shahar is ranked second in the junior rankings - that said, alot of the younger girls simply stop playing juniors quite early.
as i said - it's not really worth it anymore. the faster you achieve scores, the more experience your'e gunna get. plus - some of the girls (sharapova, safina, golovin) are allowed to play more tournaments (i.e ALL grand slams, and not just three) than the other girls, that since they have better scores. but they got thier by playing the maximum number of tournaments.
shahar played just 7 junior tournaments last year (10 a year before).
by the way, it's really cool to see all those youngsters hitting hard nowadays.
shahar has played in the junior circuit hot names such as ana ivanovic, Nicole VAIDISOVA,Stephanie DUBOIS,Sophie FERGUSON, Jessica KIRKLAND, Anna CHAKVETADZE and more.
kinda cool.

if she does go for it, i'll post it. :angel:

pgprince
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:16 PM
good luck to Israeli girls!! :kiss:

Shonami Slam
Jan 21st, 2005, 08:42 PM
"Please come back the week of January 20 for the 2005 Australian Open Girls' Singles Draw."

well... i don't know what's happening down underm but it's pretty 21st here in israel! :mad:

i hope it will be out today... it should be the 22nd there already...

drory
Jan 31st, 2005, 10:42 AM
shahar peer will have to qualify hear as well beacose they count the old rankings :mad: :rolleyes: :fiery:

Shonami Slam
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:02 AM
let's hope for the best.
id she has a good run in pattaya - which i WOULD like to see - she won't be competing in the qualifications. i think that qualies start in the same day as semis, so let's just see.
i'm OK with a QF showing in pattaya and then her first title in hederabad :angel:

Shonami Slam
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:28 AM
ok, she had some rest - she doesn't need to qualy and she needs to defend something like 16.5 points....
two wins would do the trick!
it's been a year and she's improved a great deal.
i wanna see some seeded blood!
kirilenko was the teenage sensation last year, now it's time for our very own girl to make some noise.
good luck!
post her draw and obzilers the moment you get it!

nitsansh
Feb 5th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Shahar has 23.5 pts from Hyderabad 2004, but they won't come off the ranking until Feb 21st!

Shonami Slam
Feb 6th, 2005, 08:26 PM
well, i liked my own post so much that i want to pus it here too, lol :D
once again the first round features a real PAW-dare regarding shahar - can she beat panova?
if the PAWs are any indication of an upset - yes, shahar can.
some stats -
shahar's 2005 campaign is on a roll - reached the QF of two tournaments already, as well as reaching the final round of qualifying in the aussie open. her record so far stands at a remarkable 12-3, with two of those losses going to eventual tournament winner, and the last of them to the extremelly talented sesil kartencheva.
panova though, had a quite a heck of a start as well. she may only stand 4-4, but she's already reached a QF in aukland and the third round of the first grand slam, including an upset against talented jankovic.
her losses too were to great players - top seeds twice: italian farina elia, and american veteran amy fraziar. the last of the three losses went to molik, another player on the run this year.
once again, as expected on the WTAtour - shahar faces another chance for an upset win. last week she improved her best win to date one place - from 67 (srebotnik last year in seuol) to 66 - the 6th seeded marta domochowska. this week it won't be a piece of cake against the 81st ranked russian (her ranking tomorrow, according to theboiledegg)
another difference between last week and this one is that panova has already featured in the "first round loss" this year - just last week, losing to jill craybas in 3s, the last going 7-5 the americans way.
shahar still has a week before last years hyderabad points will come off. this means she has a chance for a top 100 finish already! the top 100 point cut is the 357.5 points of laura granville - that means shahar will have to acclaim 55.25 points - not an easy task, but the chances will be boosted should shahar win the match - 12 round points plus 4 more quality points.
panova is seeded third - a bad omen for shahar in india - last year's debut was halted by asia's sweetheart tammy tansagarne - seeded third...
if shahar wants to prove she's consistent - her's a very good way to show it.
i wish her the very best of luck.
i personnaly think she can, and will make it.

(tried to give it a WTA style analysis, lol - tell me if you liked it! and please forgive any mistake i might have made!)

oren987
Feb 6th, 2005, 08:40 PM
well, i liked my own post so much that i want to pus it here too, lol :D
once again the first round features a real PAW-dare regarding shahar - can she beat panova?
if the PAWs are any indication of an upset - yes, shahar can.
some stats -
shahar's 2005 campaign is on a roll - reached the QF of two tournaments already, as well as reaching the final round of qualifying in the aussie open. her record so far stands at a remarkable 12-3, with two of those losses going to eventual tournament winner, and the last of them to the extremelly talented sesil kartencheva.
panova though, had a quite a heck of a start as well. she may only stand 4-4, but she's already reached a QF in aukland and the third round of the first grand slam, including an upset against talented jankovic.
her losses too were to great players - top seeds twice: italian farina elia, and american veteran amy fraziar. the last of the three losses went to molik, another player on the run this year.
once again, as expected on the WTAtour - shahar faces another chance for an upset win. last week she improved her best win to date one place - from 67 (srebotnik last year in seuol) to 66 - the 6th seeded marta domochowska. this week it won't be a piece of cake against the 81st ranked russian (her ranking tomorrow, according to theboiledegg)
another difference between last week and this one is that panova has already featured in the "first round loss" this year - just last week, losing to jill craybas in 3s, the last going 7-5 the americans way.
shahar still has a week before last years hyderabad points will come off. this means she has a chance for a top 100 finish already! the top 100 point cut is the 357.5 points of laura granville - that means shahar will have to acclaim 55.25 points - not an easy task, but the chances will be boosted should shahar win the match - 12 round points plus 4 more quality points.
panova is seeded third - a bad omen for shahar in india - last year's debut was halted by asia's sweetheart tammy tansagarne - seeded third...
if shahar wants to prove she's consistent - her's a very good way to show it.
i wish her the very best of luck.
i personnaly think she can, and will make it.

(tried to give it a WTA style analysis, lol - tell me if you liked it! and please forgive any mistake i might have made!)

Shonami Slam, that was very nice :D thank's, but I think Shahar will lose this match. have a feeling abote it :sad:

Kutuzova
Feb 6th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Go Shahar, out blast her, u can do this. You do almost everything as well as Panova if not better!

Oleh
Feb 7th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Good luck to both of the girls,

Shahar has a good chance...but so does panova im scared to call that one either way other than say I really hope Shahar can do it.

Tzipi I am confident to get past this one.

oren987
Feb 7th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Shahar and Tzipi won :D

(WC) Shahar Peer (ISR) d. (3) Tatiana Panova (RUS) 63 76(2)
Tzipora Obziler (ISR) d. (7) Lubomira Kurhajcova (SVK) 62 62

A great day for Israel tennis :D

Shonami Slam
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:10 PM
this is so nice!
god... i'm fantasizing about an all israeli final! <drool>
sigh...

Oleh
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:25 PM
*Dancing around!!!* AMAZING..mmmmmm all Israeli fantasy.....:D..it made my day!!

Shonami Slam
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:54 PM
the most important stat to the advantage of shahar in her next round against the 22 year old canadian Marie-Eve Pelletier is that she is 40-3 against players ranked lower than her.... quite amazing.
another important stat in this game is that in her whole career - marie's best result wat the second round.
that said, it could look like the match is set and done - but as always on the womens tour - things aren't what they seem.
in 2002 marie was at her best - and reached her career high of 128.
this week - she's gunna beat that. the week is still long ahead of us - so it's not sure - but in any case she is back in her best form, and probably even better.
last week must have put a smile on her face - she won only her second ITF title in the 50K Waikoloa hardcourt tournament.
she seems to have a good GS record, always seems to play well in those four biggies, but nothing more than qualifying.
this year has started well for her - going 10-2, now 11 with her hard fought three setter win over russian ekaterina bychkova 26 75 75. match point saved included.
if a determent shahar wants that top 100 this week, she'll have to get all the way to the semis - and that might not be enough - so expect her, as usual - to fight.
shahar said after her match against panova that she controlled herself, and just went by her plan - that just might be enough to stop marie of a first QF showing dream.
shahar might as well do more than just plan - she could ask for advice. a certain tzipi obziler might help out, having beaten marie a two seasons ago 26 60 63
her luck against israelis is quite bad honestly - also losing to anna smashnova 7-6(5) 6-0. her career best wins are worse than shahars by far, having beaten only 5 top 100 players - 72 the best of them (twice). in comparsion - shahar peer in this year alone has beaten 3, and has 4 overall.
marie hasn't beaten a player highly ranked as shahar this year - her best win coming at the AO qualy - a 64 60 win over 151st ranked pitchet of france.
all the statistics are in shahars favour. she seems the better player - but she musn't let that get to her. a match is a match - she should give her opponent the respect she deserves - and thrash her in straight sets.
best of luck to you, shahar!
back to back QF!

drory
Feb 7th, 2005, 09:55 PM
the next round of both is possible for them to get the quters! :worship:

אז יאללה מילחמה :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Oleh
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:09 PM
the next round of both is possible for them to get the quters! :worship:

אז יאללה מילחמה :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Definately! One of them could we even hope to get beyond the quater finals even? :s

:D!!!גם לנצח...

Shonami nice post again!

Kutuzova
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:25 PM
GO Shahar, good win, keep it up!

Shonami Slam
Feb 8th, 2005, 11:21 PM
good luck girls!
too bad for the doubles, but now it's mission time!
obziler's match will be much harder - but she lead the H2H 2-1 but all games were hard...
shahar in two
tzipi in three

nave 2
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Shahar lose 64 63

Shonami Slam
Feb 9th, 2005, 01:06 PM
tzipi won, shahar lost.
i dunno if i wanna dance or shoot myself.

after much thought - i'll shoot myself while dancing.

p.s
good luck tzipi!

Meteor Shower
Feb 9th, 2005, 01:14 PM
lol :)

Good luck tzipi in next round :) although I don't give her much chance.. 15-85 :o
Shahar.. really hadn't expected that loss.. guess I underestimated Pelletier. Win over this stupid final exams and come back to reach your first WTATOUR semi :D

Oleh
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Well...at least one is still in there I guess. Or I think I too underestimated Pelletier too..really didnt expect it either.

Good luck Tzipi :)