PDA

View Full Version : Grönefeld defeats Zuluaga 6:2 7:6(2)

lolas
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:13 PM
and nobody started a thread about this?
I'm feeling like :woohoo: This is probably the best win of Anna-Lena's career and the first time she reaches 3rd round at a slam.
When she lead 5:4 and served for the match she got broken. By this time I couldn't stand starring at the scoreboard anymore because I thought that now Anna-Lena was going to lose the second set and then the third set as she did many times before after being up one set (Against Dechy in Fed Cup or Callens at the US-Open). So I was kind of shocked when I later saw that she closed out the match in 2 sets.
Well done Anna-Lena! :banana:

Gowza
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:15 PM
pretty nice win as zuluaga made the semis here last year.

crazillo
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:40 PM
ALG. :D
She has had a good start of the year and I knew she could do it!

COME ON, you are my fave German.

Come-on-kim
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Anna-Lena :bounce: :bounce:

Steff_forever
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:51 PM
and nobody started a thread about this?
I'm feeling like :woohoo: This is probably the best win of Anna-Lena's career and the first time she reaches 3rd round at a slam.
When she lead 5:4 and served for the match she got broken. By this time I couldn't stand starring at the scoreboard anymore because I thought that now Anna-Lena was going to lose the second set and then the third set as she did many times before after being up one set (Against Dechy in Fed Cup or Callens at the US-Open). So I was kind of shocked when I later saw that she closed out the match in 2 sets.
Well done Anna-Lena! :banana:
sorry that I didn't ;)

I had the same thoughts and and at 4-1 in the tiebreak my lap went down, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ! :mad:
. and I mentioned her biggest success since her GrSl-final iin her own thread shortly after her win, so please forgive my laziness ! :wavey:

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=54279&goto=lastpost

BEST OF LUCK ANNA-LENA vs Douchevina (again and again) on Friday ! :yeah:

(•_•)
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
:worship: Anna-Lena :worship: :yeah:

Beat
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
congrats to anna-lena, i'm suprised! poor fabiola, she'll lose so many points...

pan
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:36 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
i'm not surprised - but she made my day!

skanky~skanketta
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:55 PM
anna has a pretty good game but she tends to get a little sluggish sometime and can lose focus a lot. and unless she adds another dimension to her game i dont think she can make it all that big. i mean, she has got the talent but she has thatt same serve that is so easy to read and she plays the forehand too much when IMO her backhand seems better. and she rarely comes to the net or slices.

Fantastic
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I had never seen Anna-Lena Groenefeld play before the Hopman Cup this year. She reminds me of Vera Zvonareva - the serve, the groundies, the game, everything. They even wear the same clothes and use the same racquets. I think the opportunity to play a lot of matches in Perth was good for her. Now I see why she plays so many tournaments a year. It actually helps her tennis! Sadly, she doesn't always do that well in most of them unless she can play many matches without worrying about winning or losing, such as in Perth. It's reflected well on her performances in Australia.

KV
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Good win, though not surprised. Well done ALG.

Becool
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:22 PM
She's a hard hitter, and what a serve she has!

She beat a overhyped Zuluaga.. she did semis last year, defeating no one's almost..

Glad, Anna Lena put Zulu in her place

tobe
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Well, I am really surprised!!! No chocking there!
Well done ALG!
Next up is Douchevina!! Big chances for 4th round I guess! Although she beat Vera Z...I am really curious about that match and hope ALG will fight through it!

Geoffry
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:59 PM
well done Anna-Lena :yeah:

3rd round against Douchevina... sounds interesting :D

Steff_forever
Jan 19th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Well, I am really surprised!!! No chocking there!
Well done ALG!
Next up is Douchevina!! Big chances for 4th round I guess! Although she beat Vera Z...I am really curious about that match and hope ALG will fight through it!
if she prevails (what I doubt even if she won the 1st rd in Canberra) she will be ahead of Vera ... :angel: and should be one of the top50

currently:
new ranking pts = 517,75 + 134,00 - 29,00 pts off (AO04 one of 17 best) = 622,75

but pls Anna-Lena, win with the same result as in Canberra or in the juniors RoGa-final 03 (d. Vera Douchevina (RUS/#1)6-4 6-4). Come on !

stijntje
Jan 19th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Zuluaga will go down on the rankings...

Didn't she reach the semi final last year?

jimbo mack
Jan 19th, 2005, 08:28 PM

yes she did, but she was never expected to repeat that feat again this year

we can expect a big drop for her in the ranks :sad:

Steff_forever
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:51 PM

take a look at Eggy's updated ranking list ( :worship: again and again) after r2-bottom
here -->
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=124168

Fabiola is already #26 and her ranking's most endangered by Jelena Jankovic and Daniela Hantuchova (who play today in feasible encounters of r2-top)