PDA

View Full Version : The Ausie Heat

virtue05
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Hello everyone this is my first and I would just like to say good morning to all you folks around the world from the East Coast of the United States.

Anyway enough of that, I was watching the Sharapova match lastnight, witch ended up being better than I expected, all I have to say that whoever can battle the heat down under will win. I could tell torwards the end of the third set that she was getting tired, if Waters had not missed that forehand we may be talking about an upset this morning. But whoever is in the better shape and has the most will on the womens side will when the Australian Open Title.

Experimentee
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Thats certainly true, on both the mens and womens sides! I've been there on quite a few hot days, and many players were wilting in the heat, a lot of tanked final sets as the players just wanted to get out of the heat as quickly as possible! Tipsarevic today was taking many injury time outs for no reason, just so he could have a break from the heat. You have to respect players like Agassi, Hrbaty etc who can play in the heat all day and not get bothered.

Welcome to the board too :wavey:

au_sports_opinion
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:09 PM
and to think guys we in Melbourne always get knocked by the northern states for living in such a cold city.

anthonyqld
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Melbourne is fairly hot, but- they don't get the intense humidity us Queenslanders get. Humidity is the killer, although average temperatures in QLD are higher too.

Prizeidiot
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Yeah.... the heat is usually bearable... but the moisture in the is an absolute killer. Melbourne can be hot, but usually, it's just odd and unpredictable.