PDA

View Full Version : AO organisers disrespectful in scheduling

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:52 AM
So they put Patty-Dechy on some "deserted" court...

Myskina gets a crappy court scheduling a few days ago...

Lindsay's doubles match was on SC 3....

Lindsay has only played on RL once (excluding today's match)

What next? Maybe they will put the women's doubles finals on MCA :rolleyes: I have not seen any night matches since the quarters of women's singles... what the heck...

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:53 AM
MCA? is that a crappy court?!

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:53 AM
AND does it mean we dont get a televised match AGAIN?!! If so im pissed off already AGAIN today!

Doraemon
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I think it depends on how entertainin the match is likely to be. I dunno who is her next opponent but I'm quite sure she will breeze thru the player in less than an hour. The organizers should decide which players put on the big courts based upon not how respectable the players are but their marketability and entertainment values.. Before you complain about Myskina being placed on a bigger court, why don't you take a closer look at who's on the centre court? I c someone who's ranked way below Nastya there.

Sam L
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Myskina is the reigning French Open champion. When was the last time Lindsay won a big one? Hmm...

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:58 AM
so? whats your argument?! she won the FO last year so should be on a better court?! big wow!

If you wanna be like that, at least lindsays won the australian open and wimbledon before. MYSKINA hasnt! Lindsay didnt lose in the first round of sydney either!

To be honest im not familiar with the courts at the AUssie open, but as long as we see something off her, i dont care where she plays! she will be on the bigger courts in the next few days anyway!

Consigliere
Jan 19th, 2005, 09:59 AM
I agree. The number 1 seed should be on no worse than the top two Arenas.

Mattographer
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Come on, MCA does have camera so, you can see the match on TV. SHUT UP! :fiery:

Gowza
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:01 AM
MCA is the 3rd biggest court, you have rod laver arena then vodafone arena then MCA, it's not a bad court by any means. i actually think its good that the top seeds dont always get centre court, gives the other players a chance to play on a big stage and get the experience and also show their stuff to a bigger audience.

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:02 AM
AND does it mean we dont get a televised match AGAIN?!! If so im pissed off already AGAIN today!
doesnt matter where she is playing cos Henman is gonna be on here in UK :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bis2806
At least they should've placed lindsay on a later match in vodafone - now that i'd forgive. But not on MCA, coz i don't think it'll be televised because well it's on MCA and secondly, lindsay's opponent is ranked quite low.. but i can't understand why myskina is placed on vodafone coz her opponent is Obziler who is unseeded

lindsayno1
oh god i know! mr 5 set match man!

tennnisfannn
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:03 AM
They are counting on her to make the third rd, centre court now belongs to molik and hewitt. Federer even gets to play a suzuki, a likely triple bagel and her gets centre court.

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:04 AM
there is no logic to where they are placed really. look at wimbledon for instance. lindsay was shoved on the bottom courts for the better half of the first week. Its not such a big problem though because as she moves further through the tourney, they will show her matches. and whilst its annoying we dont see her paly live now, HOPEFULLY they will show something off her tomorrow!

Doraemon
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:05 AM
They are counting on her to make the third rd, centre court now belongs to molik and hewitt. Federer even gets to play a suzuki, a likely triple bagel and her gets centre court.

Why do you put an "a" before Suzuki's name? He ain't a bad player at all having a huge serve and always rushing the net. He won't be triple bagelled by no means.

Doraemon
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:06 AM
there is no logic to where they are placed really. look at wimbledon for instance. lindsay was shoved on the bottom courts for the better half of the first week. Its not such a big problem though because as she moves further through the tourney, they will show her matches. and whilst its annoying we dont see her paly live now, HOPEFULLY they will show something off her tomorrow!

Stop whining already! It's not just you Lindsay fans that tennis fans are. There are loads of ppl who would rather watch Myskina's match and showing respect for the older players has no place in business!

stenen
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Come on, MCA does have camera so, you can see the match on TV. SHUT UP! :fiery:

Yes they do have a camera. :rolleyes:
Joachim Johansson vs. Peter Wessels just played on that court and it was on TV.

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:10 AM
By my definition, a FIRST seeded and FIRST ranked player should be placed in either the centre or the 2nd biggest court (rod laver or vodafone in this case)...

Doraemon
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:13 AM
No offense but to me Linday's game is boring as hell. Not because she has no variety. She does everything but footwork very well but she's just too good for 99% of the tour and she makes it look so easy to play tennis. I do like her and will miss her when she retires but quite honestly I wish she wouldn't come n playa Toray PPO this year and my thought represents quite a few ppl in my country. She's won too much and too easily in Tokyo! Enough is enough!

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:20 AM
^
^ but i dont think all the time.

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Phoenix you're one hell of a weird guy :)

Alicia Rocks
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:27 AM
who really cares
Venus Williams vs Shuai Peng is a better match then Davenport vs. Pastikova

but Myskina vs. Obziler is questainable

so she should be on Vodafone or MC Arena

there is always a great buzz on MCA and probably good crowd

LindsayRulez
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:31 AM
No offense but to me Linday's game is boring as hell. Not because she has no variety. She does everything but footwork very well but she's just too good for 99% of the tour and she makes it look so easy to play tennis. I do like her and will miss her when she retires but quite honestly I wish she wouldn't come n playa Toray PPO this year and my thought represents quite a few ppl in my country. She's won too much and too easily in Tokyo! Enough is enough!
You make absolutely no sense. You should be glad you have a 4-time champion returning to Japan's crappy tournament (look who shows up every year!); you are the epitome of disrespect.

LindsayRulez
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Lindsay doesn't care where she plays, so I don't either. She'll win, and I won't get to see it no matter where she plays, so it doesn't matter.

Mattographer
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:32 AM
By my definition, a FIRST seeded and FIRST ranked player should be placed in either the centre or the 2nd biggest court (rod laver or vodafone in this case)...
That doesn't mean she have to play the fisrt two biggest court :rolleyes:

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Stop whining already! It's not just you Lindsay fans that tennis fans are. There are loads of ppl who would rather watch Myskina's match and showing respect for the older players has no place in business!

erm excuse me im not whining. i was just stating a fact in response to gowzas comment, which is in line with what they were saying - in agreement!!!! Im not the one mouthing off that shes not been put on a center court thank you! she doesnt care where she plays. all im saying is, that i want to watch her match on TV - NOT saying they should show lindsays instead of Myskinas!

_LuCaS_
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Linz is playing on MCA, get over it and Myskina is more entertaining than Linz so cut the " Even Myskina gets to play on Vodafone... this is ridiculous" CRAP.

thelittlestelf
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Linz is playing on MCA, get over it and Myskina is more entertaining than Linz so cut the " Even Myskina gets to play on Vodafone... this is ridiculous" CRAP.Lindsay is also the #1 seed AND a former Australian Open champ. She should definitely be on a court with video coverage---it shows a total lack of respect to put her on MCA.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Lindsay doesn't care where she plays, so I don't either. She'll win, and I won't get to see it no matter where she plays, so it doesn't matter.

Yes I agree. I've come to realise that slam scheduling is shit, and organisers make mistakes, but can't please everyone.

Yes, Lindsay should be on Vodaphone for this match, Myskina should be on MCA if you look at rankings, current form etc. I would understand if Myskina was playing a hyped player that was unseeded, but she's playing a nobody, basically - and so is Lindsay.

But Lindsay doesnt give a shit, and E'sport are probably going to show the Venus match, as both are up second.

blumaroo
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Lindsay will get tons of chances to play in the Rod Laver arena. She will advance to the last rounds anywayz. And MYskina is more entertaining? I never liked her but I tried to watch her against Peschek and I fell asleep. My mom was always cursing out of boredom.

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Sure Lindsay doesn't give a damn where she plays, but it's really disappointing of the event organisers to have such a crappy court allocation for linds

switz
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:01 AM
it's hardly a big deal. MCA will be packed and have a much better atmosphere than vodafone and rod laver would for this pretty boring match-up. there are much important things to worry about than which court someone is playing on. she's been on rod laver once and i'm sure she will be for the rest of the tournament. there are just more interesting matches that would be shown even if she was on rod or vodafone

Marcus1979
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Lindsay is also the #1 seed AND a former Australian Open champ. She should definitely be on a court with video coverage---it shows a total lack of respect to put her on MCA.

MCA does have Video coverage.

If u liv in Australia Fox Sports has all MCA matches LIVE.

I watched Kuznetsova on MCA today.

and she is top 5 player.

No-one complained about that.

Dementieva was on SHow court 3 or something yesterday no-one complained of that either

lilly
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:03 AM
crappy court? isn't it the third court? out of how many? come on, don't be so childish!

Marcus1979
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:06 AM
crappy court? isn't it the third court? out of how many? come on, don't be so childish!

Absolutely

its the 3rd biggest out of the top courts

Rod Laver Arena
Vodafone Arena
MCA
Show Court 2
Show Court 3

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:09 AM
She'll get more turns in the Rod Laver Arena before the AO is over. Seems like a non-issue to me.

Consigliere
You guys are missing the point by saying Lindsay is boring or it's the third biggest court. That's irrelevant, it doesn't matter who is number 1 seed, whoever it is should be on the biggest 2 courts because they are the best player in the tournament. If not then you are undermineing the rankings.

lilly
Seems like a non-issue to me.totally. :rolleyes:

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:25 AM

and she is top 5 player.

Dementieva was on SHow court 3 or something yesterday no-one complained of that either
1. We don't live in Australia
2. Kuznetsova was just lucky to be telecasted
3. But Lindsay is no.1 :)
4. Because the no.1 player deserves to be where she's supposed to be at!
5. Dementieva is only seeded 6th or 9th..

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:27 AM
bis2806 - lmao, you complained whenshe got showcourt 3 for her 1r match last year, it's called giving people who buy ground pass a fair go at seeing top players :rolleyes:

Elldee
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:29 AM
She is playing Pastikova who has never been passed the first round of a slam... I don't care where she plays as long as she wins.

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Although i must admit I was surprised to see Dominikovic - likhovtseva on vodaphone, lol Evie struggles against Santangelo on court 7 and suddenly moves up from 400 spectators to 10,000 lol.

Mattographer
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evie Dominikovic is a regular 2nd rounder :p

TS
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Interesting in that Hantuchova v Schett has been shunted out on court 6! Daniela's match on Showcourt 2 was packed yesterday, so I don't know what they're thinking, as Schett is a well known name too.

Doraemon
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:39 AM
In terms of entertainment values, her match should of been put on court 5493498934343439439394939431710.

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:52 AM
bis2806 - lmao, you complained whenshe got showcourt 3 for her 1r match last year, it's called giving people who buy ground pass a fair go at seeing top players :rolleyes:
No, it's called 'lack of respect' :)

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 11:54 AM
In terms of entertainment values, her match should of been put on court 5493498934343439439394939431710.
wow you are soo dumb, there aren't even that many courts in this world dumbasss!

*Karen*
Jan 19th, 2005, 12:08 PM
cos her games are always boring.

Petersmiler
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Perhaps the organisers realise that Lindsay will still be there next week, whereas they're less sure of Myskina being there?

Consigliere
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Perhaps the organisers realise that Lindsay will still be there next week, whereas they're less sure of Myskina being there?

She better be!! I've got her going in doubles with Federer, Pim Pim and Lleyton.

Consigliere
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Myskina i meant.

andrewC
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyAidanm
bis2806 - lmao, you complained whenshe got showcourt 3 for her 1r match last year, it's called giving people who buy ground pass a fair go at seeing top players

No, it's called 'lack of respect'

Hardly a lack of respect. I bet Lindsay probably doesn't even care herself what court she plays on, she'll just want to dispose of players like Pastikova regardless. It's a bit arrogant to expect every match Lindsay plays to be on the best court and get coverage just because she's world number 1, albeit a great feat and i've got nothing against Lindsay myself, entertainment value, rising stars of tennis and the better known players are a bigger draw and fill the bigger courts, so maybe that's why she's "only" on the third largest court :rolleyes: just get over it.

Experimentee
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I cant beleive you always complain about where Lindsay is :rolleyes:
Get the hell over it. MCA is a great court, it has lots of atmosphere and its very big too. And here they use common sense and schedule according to popularity, not just rankings.

Experimentee
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:34 PM
The only problem I have with the scheduling is that I thought it was such a joke that Zuluaga was playing on show courts for her first two rounds even though she's not highly ranked and neither were her opponents (one of them was Sfar :rolleyes:)! There were players like former #1 Ferrero on outside courts, albeit a big outside court, but it was packed and you could hardly get in.

Natarajasana
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:45 PM
No offense but to me Linday's game is boring as hell. Not because she has no variety. She does everything but footwork very well but she's just too good for 99% of the tour and she makes it look so easy to play tennis. I do like her and will miss her when she retires but quite honestly I wish she wouldn't come n playa Toray PPO this year and my thought represents quite a few ppl in my country. She's won too much and too easily in Tokyo! Enough is enough!I agree completely. Much like yourself, I don't dislike Lindsay (as a person....how could I?) but I think her style of play is a bit boring (along with her presence on court).
Still - I do see Lindsay's supporters' point about her being the #1 ranked female player and having more respect at AO.
What it really comes down to is Lindsay has never had any marketing potential. Sorry.

Tichi
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:53 PM
The goal is to satisfy your customers, and at the AO the main part of the spectators are australian. I assume they love to watch their home grown players play their matches. It's like at the us open, some people have never heard about top ten players that are not american...
When Justine was in her winning period, she also wasn't scheduled to play on the main court all the time.

Consigliere
Jan 19th, 2005, 01:59 PM
The goal is to satisfy your customers, and at the AO the main part of the spectators are australian. I assume they love to watch their home grown players play their matches. It's like at the us open, some people have never heard about top ten players that are not american...
When Justine was in her winning period, she also wasn't scheduled to play on the main court all the time.

I always went to see her and was telling people about her from the start. I miss her.

Amazing Elena
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:13 PM

wtf are you complaining about??
There are still many great players in this tournament and Lindsay already played 1st round on centre court (rod laver). Elena Dementieva must play her 1st and 2nd round match on court 2, as 2 times grand slam finalist last year. I am not complaining about that. MCA is a big court. I can imagine the organisation prefer the Australian players on big courts. The organisation tries to make a varied schedule. So a lot of players get a opportunity to play on the big courts.

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:26 PM
i think i can see where this is going. What i think a lot of lindsay fans are getting at, is that Lindsay is never really shown on TV until at least the quarters of most tournaments, or if she is its only highlights, whereas they always show the williams sisters and Masha.

mr_burns
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I think it's ok for Lindsay...although I won't understand how they can shedule myskin aon a bigger cour...so what
Last year at RG she was two times on PC in two matches...it depends on many things...
I was really disapointed abnout the fact the the last match (probably) of Babsi Schett isn't on a show court...They sheduled raymond on no 2...Can't believe that

lindsayno1
Jan 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM
aaah! i like lisa!

sartrista7
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Er, the strange Lindsay fans in this thread do know that the Slams have a policy of rotating the top players between the top courts, yes? And that the MCA is still a top court? You're only going to get top billing all the time if you're a home player.

vogus
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:22 PM
i can understand an outcry from her fans if she would have been scheduled on Court 18, but MCA - come on. Until three years ago it was the biggest court at the AO after Rod Laver.

Kelly
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:28 PM
as a lindsay in the uk the only problem i have that they schedule lindsays matches to co-incide with time fucking henman...therefore no british lindsay fan gets to see her play...they dont even show her match when the live coverage ends as they show tim 3 times, greg 3 times and roddick and venus whose matches were all shwn on the live feed....thats my issue with eurosport and i have told them so. any way good luck lindsay!!

Martian Melissa
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:32 PM
MCA is a great court!!It's always packed and there's always a great atmosphere! :worship:

But i understand that it's really annoying that they don't show a lot of lindsay's macthes on television!

korben
Jan 19th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Just read 1st post and peaked Oop.

Looks perfect to me. Why would anyone schedule 6/1 6/1 match to court that tickets actually cost something :confused:

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Wtf is wrong with them? Lindsay is seeded 1st, ranked 1st, a past champion, and she's getting a fuckin MCA treatment from AO?! Where's the respect huh?! Even Myskina gets to play on Vodafone... this is ridiculous

Hey, watch out bis2806! :lol:...besides Aussies seem to like her for some reasons (probably because of her last year´s 4th round match). The more interesting fact is that Nastya is actually the only current Slam winner (ATP & WTA) who is scheduled to play today...so basically she should be on Rod Laver, right?!? Besides she made a joke about wanting to play all her matches on Vodafone. Why the hell is Youzhny vs Nadal on Center?

Even as a fan I don´t care where she plays, as I already have the suspicion that german Eurosport will broadcast Kohlschreiber´s (who?) match against Nicolas "I don´t need a brain to play tennis" Massu... :rolleyes:

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Just read 1st post and peaked Oop.

Looks perfect to me. Why would anyone schedule 6/1 6/1 match to court that tickets actually cost something :confused:

Exactly...watching Myskina choking her way through the match is way more fun;)

bis2806
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I am not complaining about aussie players being placed on the bigger courts.. I just don't get why likhosteva and myskina are on Vodafone and Lindsay's on MCA.. and sorry i don't know what MCA looks like, but it's the 3rd biggest after RL and Vodafone, therefore it's worse.. it's no biggie but the tourney organisers can't think twice (or even once) about their scheduling

pav
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Look! I know everyone and Their dog ignores Me. which is fair enough (Oh except when I mention Serena's Tan) but this is all because of Lindsay's retro haircut, Christ! I've dagged a flyblown old full mouthed Ewe and done a better job than that bloody hairdresser, and I'm as rough as guts!

_LuCaS_
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:50 PM

Yeah filled with curses and flying raquets! a real treat for the crowd :lol:
Seriously now Spunky, that's not funny. That's not even in the same zip code as funny :smash:

korben
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Hey !

She is "World Champion" Lindsay is only No:1 ;)

And Obziler has a tiny chance of upset, can´t say same of Pasti. :shrug:

Spunky83
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM
No one gets my jokes... :sad: ...ok, it wasn´t funny.

Meteor Shower
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:11 PM
really weird.. but I get to see tzipi in TV again :) :D
if tzipi plays like against Loit and Shahar then she can give some fight to myskina, especially with the chokes :)

Good luck tzipi.. big matches usually bring the best out of you :) :D especially in slams :)

Crazy Canuck
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Why the hell is Youzhny vs Nadal on Center?

I don't know if you were being serious or not, but I was a little susprised to see this match on center. However, it will probably be a good match (at least on paper it should be). And Nadal tends to get put on show courts most places, because he gets a lot of press.

raquel
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Even as a fan I don´t care where she plays, as I already have the suspicion that german Eurosport will broadcast Kohlschreiber´s (who?) match against Nicolas "I don´t need a brain to play tennis" Massu... :rolleyes:
God that sounds bad. Even when Massu wins in straight sets it can last over 3 hours :lol: I hope Eurosport manage to avoid that one.

As for Youzhny v Nadal - well done to the AO for putting this on Rod Laver Arena. Neither are exactly household names but it could be a really great match. I just hope Tim isn't playing at the same time otherwise I can forget about seeing it :rolleyes:

Pengwin
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Lindsay will win 6-0 6-0 (possibly 6-1)

Why do you want to waste the high-paying RLA people's time and money by giving them a match like that.

Nastyafan
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Yor sense of humour is really weird sometimes Spunky. Don't ever mention words like Olympics, choke....(at least before Nastya's match):smash:

And some Davenport's fans (esp. bis) are so disrespectful toward Nastya, that I should say them - because Davenport is the most boring player ever. Yes. she has too much power and some technique to win, but if all top players were like her and played her game, women's tennis would have the popularity of the women's weightlifting:yawn:

butch
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:34 PM

and she is top 5 player.

But who wants 2 watch Kuznetsova and Dementieva anyway? :confused: :tape: :angel:

Zhao
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:38 PM
who really cares
Venus Williams vs Shuai Peng is a better match
more marketable too...
will get high viewership in China :worship: :worship:

Golinds
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Well as a lindsay fan i dont care whether anyone thinks her game is boring, at least she wins her matches. all im saying is that...

Lindsay is NO 1...therefore she should be on a NO 1 court where she deserves to be instad of some 6 or 7th ranked player, and where all her admiring fans can actually watch her on TV. its only respectful towards her. :p

fammmmedspin
Jan 19th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Wtf is wrong with them? Lindsay is seeded 1st, ranked 1st, a past champion, and she's getting a fuckin MCA treatment from AO?! Where's the respect huh?! Even Myskina gets to play on Vodafone... this is ridiculous
its not only Lindsay suffering . Myskina is getting some respect on Vodafone but not RL. Dementieva was last scheduled for an outside court with no name despite being ranked higher than Serena or Venus and more recent finals appearances. Momo had top billing but she was playing Stosur. Sveta hasn't been televised here yet.

Its not entertainment value, as Serena's disposal jobs are as rapid as Lindsay's or Sveta's. it just looks as if they decided Serena and Maria were the two big stories which means its money talking.

The interesting question today is why Venus is given central billing - her ranking and form are below Lindsay, Elena or Nastya's. I suspect the answer there is she is playing a chinese girl and they want the chinese market and they think Venus has a good chance of losing.

Basically though you are on to something. Monica, Steffi, Martina or Serena as number 1s didn't get third choice of court whilst unknown Australians and the numbers 7 and 8 got RL.

fammmmedspin
Jan 19th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Dementieva seems today to have been sent to court 2 to play an interesting match with up and comer Anna C.

Meanwhile the first match on RL is the male number 15 seed and an unseeded player and they are from Russia and Spain. Anyone see any reason why that got RL.

Marcus1979
Jan 19th, 2005, 08:22 PM
This is all about seeing Lindsay on TV.

if thats the case the TV networks have total discression on what matches to broadcast and what ones not to broadcast. Which ones in delay etc etc.

If u have a gripe about Lindsay not been shown complain about the TV networks

I do

:haha:

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 19th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I gotta admit, I was shocked to see Lindsay on Magaret Court Arena. She should at least be on the Vodafone. It reminds me of Serena Williams at Wimbledon '02 when she has just won the French, was the favourite to win Wimbledon, #2 in the world but she was put on court 2 to face Els Callens. It actually turned out to be a pretty close match (7-6 7-6 I think). Who knows, maybe this match will be close too.

GoDominique
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Nah, this match is way too one-sided.

:o :o :o :o :o

Wiggly
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:42 AM
Youzhny-Nadal on Centre Court is :eek: because it's not too much attractive
but how many players dreams to play on Rod Laver Arena and will never plays on?

Trent
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:56 AM

Care to show where that rule has been written? :P

Quit ya whining already people.

Marcus1979
Jan 20th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Care to show where that rule has been written? :P

Quit ya whining already people.

Its a good match ay Trent.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mr_Molik
Jan 20th, 2005, 02:09 AM
i would rather watch nadal vs youzhny to b honest :cool:

10nisfanofruz
Jan 20th, 2005, 02:52 AM
I think it depends on how entertainin the match is likely to be. I dunno who is her next opponent but I'm quite sure she will breeze thru the player in less than an hour. The organizers should decide which players put on the big courts based upon not how respectable the players are but their marketability and entertainment values

I totally agree with you. I like the organizer's arrangement because more entertaining match gets more spectators.
I believe that Lindsay Vs. Nicole Vadisova will play on Rod Laver.
;) because everyone wants to see the big gun Vs the young gun. :lol:

Prizeidiot
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:50 AM
Margaret Court Arena isn't a bad court...? And Lindsay's match on paper was probably one of the most uncompetitive

bis2806
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:19 PM
see, lindsay's match could of been more marketable than myskina or venus who both won in straight sets :o - it shows you that anything can happen

Golinds
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:57 PM
see, lindsay's match could of been more marketable than myskina or venus who both won in straight sets :o - it shows you that anything can happen

Exactly!!

fifiricci
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:41 AM
Ah, yes, this was indeed a case of YMCA ;)

DutchieGirl
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:47 AM
Lindsay is also the #1 seed AND a former Australian Open champ. She should definitely be on a court with video coverage---it shows a total lack of respect to put her on MCA.
Did you read any of the other posts ffs? MCA HAS tv coverage! SC3 even has tv camera's ffs! Hell, they had camera's at Krajicek's last round of quallies and that was bloody court 6, so stop whinging about there bing no freakin camera's!

DutchieGirl
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:52 AM
No, it's called 'lack of respect' :)
No, it's really not a lack of respect! You can still fit at least 10,000 on MCA, Rod Laver only holds 16,000 anyway, and if you have a ticket for RLA, then you can still go to MCA anyway, so if people wanna see the match THEY CAN! Plus there is usually only ONE women's match on RLA during the day, so it makes it hard for her to be there all the time. OK, Vodafone has usually 2 women's matches, but they can't always put the same people on Vodafone!

*side note - of course the Aussies (Hewitt, Molik) will get RLA mostly as they are now seeded, and contenders, and that is fair as it's an Aussie tourney and Aussies wanna see them play,and the other GS's do that with their home players too before you start about that!

DutchieGirl
Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:01 AM
Ah, yes, this was indeed a case of YMCA ;)
:haha: Good one! ;)

Alicia Rocks
Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:36 AM
Lindsay is on Vodafone against Karolina

Myskina vs Dechy
Dementieva vs. Schnyder
Molik vs. V. Williams (night)
these matches on Rod Laver

(omg 3 womens matches on RLA)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 23rd, 2005, 10:39 AM
hmmmm, I thought this match would be on RLA, it could be a cracker. They obviously thought Myskina Dechy was the more attractive matchup :)

bis2806
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:50 PM
No Rod Laver again today.. obviously something must be wrong their minds

GoDominique
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
No Rod Laver again today.. obviously something must be wrong their minds
Actually they did the right thing. :)

!<blocparty>!
Jan 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Well, it will be twice after her next match. I think it's pretty safe to say.

bis2806
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, finally safe to say because an aussie will be playing.. or else i would highly doubt... nah i won't actually, since quarters will all be played on RL right? but anyway, it's so rude that she's only played once on the centre court prior to the quarters... roger and andre have been playing on RL more than 3 times

bis2806
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:19 AM
bump