PDA

View Full Version : I guess it's fair to assume Lindsay Lee-Waters doesn't usually play THAT well

Volcana
Jan 19th, 2005, 04:58 AM
cause she'd sure be ranked higher than 87th! A hell of a performance for a player outside the top fifty!

FLL
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:00 AM
No.. That's the way she plays a lot of the times! She's just starting to get it back together with more consistancy!

faboozadoo15
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:00 AM
lol, that's my guess too. if she put that kind of effort into half her matches there's no way she wouldn't be in the top 30.
but hey, it's the first time i saw her, and she played brilliantly.
i've seen other players ranked around her who are completely pawns for the top players.
what set this woman on fire?

switz
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:01 AM
i guess she has distraction so it may be harder for her to produce it every tournament.

great play though.

harloo
she is indeed good. I like her attitude. She played an awesome match, and she could of won it.;)

faboozadoo15
i'd also like to add that maria didn't play badly, she was a little off in the first set, but it wasn't an aweful set from her. just unfortunate that she got broken and couldn't pressure on her return.

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:03 AM
She is what you call a late bloomer....she is improving with age... ;) Congrats to Maria on pulling it out though :p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:06 AM
I wanted to choke Yuri through that whole match. Sit the f*ck down and let Maria play. Wow though...an awesome match.

PatM04
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:07 AM
She might not always play that well but she does always play that way. The slice backhand she was hitting she never would've hit in the past. She has added that to her game and has put a lot of other things into her game. She won her first tour match in something like 5 years, just last year. Now she is in the semis of a smaller tier and then taking the world number 4 to 3 tough sets. I think it IS fair to say with her results in the past year and steady climb that she IS starting to play that well all the time.

PatM04
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:08 AM
I wanted to choke Yuri through that whole match. Sit the f*ck down and let Maria play. Wow though...an awesome match.AMEN...he gets on my nerves.... I really do have a feeling that he is the next Damir.

fammmmedspin
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:09 AM
:worship: :worship: :)

Her tennis school should be very popular

LiliaLee-Frazier
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:13 AM
:worship: :worship: :)

Her tennis school should be very popular :lol: :lol: What is the name of it..i want to look it up on the net..see if they have a website :)

TheBoiledEgg
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:14 AM
She's got the game to get back to where she was 10 yrs ago, hovering just outside top 30.

Greenout
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:15 AM
I've seen her play...that's the style - loads of charging energy.
Pretty intense, don't you think?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Like any big hitter, Lindsay Lee-Waters will be a bit streaky. It's only natural when you're hitting the ball as hard as you can and flat. I mean she BARELY got by Zsofia Gubasci 6-4 7-5 on Monday, and she's ranked #178.

That being said, Lindsay is a hell of a lot better than #87 in the rankings. Give it time. We'll almost definitely see her in the top 50 by the time summer rolls around.

Volcana
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:18 AM
That was a real clinic on how to use a slice backhand. Keep it low and force your opponent to hit a ball that rises above the net, so you can try for a winner on the next one. Sharapova just out-powered her. Better match than I was expecting. Way better.

Lady
Jan 19th, 2005, 05:59 AM
I have seen her a couple of times, and she always played that well.
It's just like today, she couldn't keep up in the 2nd set.
She had game points in almost every game, but still lost 6-0! :sad: