PDA

View Full Version : My day at the Medibank INt.

Andy.
Jan 13th, 2005, 06:53 AM
Today i went to the tournament and the first match i saw was petrova V peng. Peng really suprised me she was over powering Petrova from the baseline she hits a lot flatter then Petrova who hits with a lot of top spin. She was dictating most of the play and that really angered Nadia. She comprehensively outplayered her from the baseline with more power the same she did to Myskina.

Then i saw Patty v Elena. Patty really suprised me On TV her shots look quite slow but in many of the rallied she was able to stick with Elena shot for shot. It was a very high quality match with a lot of great shot making. Elena had some terrific power drives that can really only be experinced live. Also Elena's serve was a lot better than i expected. Very consistent she has really improved it it is not the huge weakness it was last year.

Alicia v Fabiola was not much of a match the crowd were behind Alicia all the way and she really played well and the serve as ussual was on fire and she was definatly the Dominant player. Fabiola really has nothing in her weaponry to hurt top player. Her serve is Pretty good though it saved her a few times. Overall Alicia really has shown me improvement with each match and she plays like a top player. She is on track for the top ten from what i saw today,

Hayato
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Then i saw Patty v Elena. Patty really suprised me On TV her shots look quite slow but in many of the rallied she was able to stick with Elena shot for shot. It was a very high quality match with a lot of great shot making. Elena had some terrific power drives that can really only be experinced live. Also Elena's serve was a lot better than i expected. Very consistent she has really improved it it is not the huge weakness it was last year.

Yesterday I saw Maleeva-Schnyder match, and the Elena D/Sugiyama - Pennetta/Schiavone matches, and Elena was serving badly, and Patty was on fire. Patty got every ball back and hit many winners. Elena wasn't nearly as consistant and also Elena doesn't like the heat at all, so i really thought Patty would win this match :(

V.Melb
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks! ;)

gsm
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:39 AM
can peng trouble molik?

Hayato
Jan 13th, 2005, 07:47 AM

Andy.
Jan 13th, 2005, 10:22 AM
I dont think so from what i saw today Peng has very impressive ground strokes that can match the best to them but Alicia has a huge Aora about her at the moment you see the confidence when she is on court. She has a lot more shots and will not be passive like Nadia was today. should be a tough match though.