PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer has now officially withdrawn...

Mary Pierce
Jan 12th, 2005, 06:12 AM
From Fox-Sports:

Capriati pulls out of Open
January 12, 2005

TWO-TIME former champion Jennifer Capriati withdrew from the Australian Open today due to a recurring shoulder injury, tournament organisers said.

Capriati suffered the injury to her right shoulder at the Advanta Championships in Philadelphia last year.

The 2001 and 2002 Australian Open champion is the third high-profile female player to withdraw from the opening grand slam tournament of the year, starting on Monday at Melbourne Park.

A broken bone in her right knee has prevented Justin Henin-Hardenne from coming back to Melbourne to defend the title. Fellow Belgian Kim Clijsters also withdrew with a wrist injury.

Mark Spruce
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:25 AM
yipeeeeeeeee and Sad

Mark

MaryPierceFan
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:13 AM
yipeeeeeeeee and Sad

Mark

?????????? What a reaction! Don't you like her? Well, Mary will be higher seeded! lol Hmm. But I'm not happy that players like Henin, Kim, Jenn withdrew from such a great tournament. For us, fans of tennis, it's nothing to be happy about. You know, I expect a wonderful event with many emotions. I know that if more top 10 players withdaraw more chances Mary has to win. But it's not about it. I don't know what do You guys think about it but I won't be happy if first 28 players withdraw and mary will be the 1st seeded and win. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: She is my favourite player and I wish her all the best but I hope that other stars(like sisters) will play and it'll be an amazing event! :bounce: :) :D :kiss: