PDA

View Full Version : Which of these will have the better 2005

steve2005
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:21 PM
When i say who will have the beeter 2005 i dont mean who do you think will be ranked higher? I mean who will get further in tournaments and who will beat the higher ranked players, and so on.
Nicole Vaidisova, Ana Ivanovic, Michaella Krajicek, Sesil Karantancheva, Tatiana Golovin or Na Li.
I would give my vote to Ana, but Li wont be too far behind. I can see at least 1 top ten win from Ana and Li.

LostGlory
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Ana Ivanovic will be in the top 20 in 2005....
Tatiana Golovin will be in the top 10.....
Amelie Mauresmo will win 2 Grand Slams.....Serena Williams will come back ....venus's career is in danger if she doesn't shape up and concentrate on her tennis....Kim Clijsters will make a good come back.....
Sharapova will be the top Ranked Russian.....

Mana
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Michaella Krajicek

Pengwin
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Ivanovic and the Chinese Girls

Darop.
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Sesil and Li

Wiggly
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Czechs, Russians, Canadians :p

jonny84
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:44 PM
All of them have potential to get into the Top50 IMO

SzavayFi
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Tati and Sesil :)

stijntje
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:16 PM
karantcheva definetly!

Havok
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Erm not for anything but if said player goes deep in a draw and beats the top players, than that player should be ranked the highest. At least for the most part.:p

Kutuzova
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Nicole, biggest weapons, but i think Michaella is the 2nd best of them. Peer should also have a very good year!

icequeen
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Ana Ivanovic will be in the top 20 in 2005....
Tatiana Golovin will be in the top 10.....
Amelie Mauresmo will win 2 Grand Slams.....Serena Williams will come back ....venus's career is in danger if she doesn't shape up and concentrate on her tennis....Kim Clijsters will make a good come back.....
Sharapova will be the top Ranked Russian.....

Who are you to state that Vee's career is in danger? Heck, I doubt Kim will play tennis again. I feel within myself that she is not coming back to the field. And what makes you think she will make a good come back after being out for all this time, why is she different from any other player who has been out for a while and then return and struggle before she finds her rythum again. You think all of a sudden she's going to come back into the game and start beating players who has been playing all year? Think again buddy.

ArgentineTennis
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Vaidisova, Krajicek, and Golovin will all have the best seasons.

Orion
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:01 AM
When i say who will have the beeter 2005 i dont mean who do you think will be ranked higher? I mean who will get further in tournaments and who will beat the higher ranked players, and so on.
Nicole Vaidisova, Ana Ivanovic, Michaella Krajicek, Sesil Karantancheva, Tatiana Golovin or Na Li.
I would give my vote to Ana, but Li wont be too far behind. I can see at least 1 top ten win from Ana and Li.

Golovin has the best opportunity today to perform well in any tournament due to ease of draws
Li-is the most fighter-mentality player of them all
Vaidisova-age limitations will prevent her, but she might also not do well with all the pressure on her
Karatantcheva-age limitations will hamper her, but in 3 years she will dig deep like Golovin or Sharapova. She reminds me of Hingis in some ways, but not quite talented enough.
Krajicek-age limitations will keep her from doing much of anything, and the pressure of improving on being a number 1 junior must be difficult. She has the weapons though, as we've already seen.
Ivanovic-I really don't think Ivanovic is as talented as she is hyped up to be...other than two big wins, against players who are not even the most consistent, and a few close matches, she hasn't done much noteworthy. But, that said, I can see her being a top 20 player like the Smashnova-Schiavone types. I would like her to prove me wrong though. She is rather fine looking, isn't she.

JenFan75
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Sesil and Li.

Prizeidiot
Jan 12th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Well, I think Golovin will have the best year out of those players... just because she's already had a year on the tour, and has established herself already

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:13 PM
jelena jankovic, marion bartoli. hmm. those younger than 23 in the top 100. :D

alex14
Jan 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I think Golovin will get further in tournaments and will win many, and i think Krajicek will jump the most in the rankings. I can see her repeating what Golovin acheived last year.