PDA

View Full Version : Jen

icequeen
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Where the heck is she and will she be playing the AO or not? It's like she has disappeared off the face of tennis earth no articles or nothing about her. The last thing I read about her was that she was dropped by that poor ass company FLIA. So what's up? Play starts Monday...No.

JennyS
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:00 PM
This is indeed strange. There is only one source reporting it (tennis reporters) but they only have an annonymous "source" reporting this information. Perhaps it's the same source that said Jen withdrew from early season tournaments last year due to her weight.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I don't know and God I wish we could find out some way. I come on everyday hoping to here some good news, but at this point any news would be ok!!!

gourownway
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:46 PM
well an article came out today, you can google it, that said they are expecting her to withdraw.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11916572%255E3162,00.html

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I am not counting her out of AO until I specifically hear it (or see it quoted) from Jen herself. Otherwise, I am not believing any of this "she will probably pull out" BS!!! All I want to hear, is some good news somewhere about someone!!

englishjenfan
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Fuck this is bad :( What I dont get tho is why she needs apparently till late Feb if her shoulder is better! I really hope its not true but then there is a quote from Jen.

lizchris
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Unfortunately, I think she is going to withdraw. The AO starts Monday and if she really was healthy enough to play, she would have been in Australia by now (it is Tuesday afternoon in NY, early Wednesday morning in Melbourne). Even if she was scheduled to fly out of Florida today, she is facing a 22 hour flight and fighting off jet lag, so I don't see how she is going to play.

englishjenfan
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:33 PM
yeah i guess but why hasnt she withdrawn by now?

lizchris
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:37 PM
yeah i guess but why hasnt she withdrawn by now?

She could have withdrawn, but for some reason, I think the organizers are withholding the information until the draw is going to be made, which I think is Wednesday or Thursday.

englishjenfan
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Oh right :(

patricio
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:11 PM
She could have withdrawn, but for some reason, I think the organizers are withholding the information until the draw is going to be made, which I think is Wednesday or Thursday.
But why would they announce JHH and KC withdrawal and not Jennifer's???

englishjenfan
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:19 PM
aha good point! Hopefully your right but then there was the quote from jen sayin she wont be playin till feb so :(

patricio
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Yeah, we all know she wont play anyway, it will be another crappy ozopen full of boring russian tennis. Hopefully I will get to see Dulko in one of her matches.

manu32
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:49 PM
if she wants a clothes sponsor.....that's the bad way to get it.....i like her ..and i don't understand her attitude....

lizchris
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:32 PM
But why would they announce JHH and KC withdrawal and not Jennifer's???
Easy. Kim's participation was doubtful from January 1 when she didn't immideately ask for a wild card into the event (she missed the entry deadline). Justine said she had her injury from December 31 and probably told the AO organizers last week that her participation was very doubtful once she knew she broke a bone in her knee.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Ok what the hell I am pissed off now!! This sucks why does it always have to happen to her!!!

JennyS
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Easy. Kim's participation was doubtful from January 1 when she didn't immideately ask for a wild card into the event (she missed the entry deadline). Justine said she had her injury from December 31 and probably told the AO organizers last week that her participation was very doubtful once she knew she broke a bone in her knee.
People have known about Jen's injury since the Gullikson Foundation Charity event on December 11. I don't see why they would announce Kim and Justine and not Jen if she had withdrawn.

lizchris
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:32 PM
People have known about Jen's injury since the Gullikson Foundation Charity event on December 11. I don't see why they would announce Kim and Justine and not Jen if she had withdrawn.

December 11 and December 31 is a difference of 20 days, more than enough time for her to recover from an injury like hers. Maybe she thought she could be ready, but apparently she isn't. Notice that no one has seen her anywhere in Australia while all the other top players who are playng are somewhere in Australia.

JennyS
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Maybe Jen is somewhere in Australia, but nobody's seen her (just kidding).

lizchris
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Maybe Jen is somewhere in Australia, but nobody's seen her (just kidding).
Anything's possible. The only top ten player who is playing that we have yet to see pictures of in Australia is Sharapova.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:22 PM
She was hurt when she wsa on the Best Damn Sports Show so she has had this injurt for awhile!!!

JenCpLvr
Jan 12th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Jennifer is preparing her game to hush all the haters again. She is working out to get in great shape again. She is going to have everyone guessing until the last minute at which time she will show up to kick some ass in Melbourne.

After all, she's been stuffing socks in naysayers mouths for much of her career .. Don't you think she's grown fond of it by now?!

GET EM DONE GURL! :rocker2: :boxing:

bigshow21
Jan 12th, 2005, 03:38 AM
It is weird why they haven't announced her withdrawal...if she is going to. If they announce everyone else, why can't they just announce hers too?? It's not that hard. I think Jen just wants a longer offseason and that is why she opts not to play AO....but who knows?

I like your optimism JenCpLvr!!!

Itairpac
Jan 12th, 2005, 03:39 AM
Jennifer is preparing her game to hush all the haters again. She is working out to get in great shape again. She is going to have everyone guessing until the last minute at which time she will show up to kick some ass in Melbourne.

After all, she's been stuffing socks in naysayers mouths for much of her career .. Don't you think she's grown fond of it by now?!

GET EM DONE GURL! :rocker2: :boxing:

:worship: I completely agree with you!!! Jennifer is going to "quietly" come back and blow everyone's mind!! I love your attitude!!! Go Jen!!!! :kiss: