PDA

View Full Version : working at tournaments?

Grohl
Jan 11th, 2005, 11:41 AM
has anyone worked at a tournament? What are the advantages and (if there are any) what are the disadvantages?
I was wondering, 'cause I'll be working at one!

becks
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I work at the Aus open each year. Last year i worked at the entrance of arenas, just making sure people dont come and go during play and not letting too many people in, and for rod laver directing them to their seats. the good thing was that I got to see matches for free and had a good view. Negative was that you stand all day and people sometimes get pissy with you when they want to go back in and play has already started. Also sometimes they want to go in with the wrong ticket. this year im doing the same thing so i hope i get mostly rod laver or vodaphone.

the year beofre i sold programs and the year b4 that i worked at a stall selling drinks. Bad thing about that is that you see no tennis, its hot and people get annoyed because the food is sooooo $$$$$$. not a good job at all.

Best job to do is arena attendent.

Marcus1979
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I work at the Aus open each year. Last year i worked at the entrance of arenas, just making sure people dont come and go during play and not letting too many people in, and for rod laver directing them to their seats. the good thing was that I got to see matches for free and had a good view. Negative was that you stand all day and people sometimes get pissy with you when they want to go back in and play has already started. Also sometimes they want to go in with the wrong ticket. this year im doing the same thing so i hope i get mostly rod laver or vodaphone.

the year beofre i sold programs and the year b4 that i worked at a stall selling drinks. Bad thing about that is that you see no tennis, its hot and people get annoyed because the food is sooooo $$$$$$. not a good job at all.

Best job to do is arena attendent.

I always presumed Programs were free

:haha:

becks
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:18 PM
you can get a schedule for the day for free and its like a 2 page A4 booklet telling you who's on which court and which matches should be good. But the offical Australian open tournament program guide is $15.

fleemkeģ
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:21 PM
mmm I did Antwerp twice, Hasselt, several Fed Cups and DAvis cup and I love working there ;)

Ok I admit I have a nicer job as some others ( Come-on-kim f.e. ;)) but I also started with ticket/vip control. Now I'm in the service team :) In Hasselt I was responsable for center court and the lockerrooms, probably the same job for me in Antwerp :D
I see more things than most of the others, I can see tennis and I got some money, not that much but that doesn't matter for me :D

stijntje
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:31 PM
and how did you get in Fleemke?

fleemkeģ
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:33 PM
just inscribe at the octagonsite ;), do a little talk and work very hard :angel:

http://www.sport.be/octagoncis/nl/medewerkers/

Come-on-kim
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:49 PM
mmm I did Antwerp twice, Hasselt, several Fed Cups and DAvis cup and I love working there ;)

Ok I admit I have a nicer job as some others ( Come-on-kim f.e. ;)) but I also started with ticket/vip control. Now I'm in the service team :) In Hasselt I was responsable for center court and the lockerrooms, probably the same job for me in Antwerp :D
I see more things than most of the others, I can see tennis and I got some money, not that much but that doesn't matter for me :D
:ras: Well Tickets control is really nice I think! You just have to control during the changeovers and you can watch the matches!

What was annoying/great at the same time was controling the people at the player entrance... It was great because you get to see all the players and talk to them but annoying at the same time because beside the players/coach/organisation no one enters by that door :p

But anyway, it's great to work at tournaments! Well it depends who works with you... :rolleyes:

arn
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I will work at PDG as Driver, the first time I will work for a tournament :)

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I work tourneys all the time...I do sexual favors for the players...:p

Rafe306
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I did live scoring at the FSC last year..Great experience i must say. Did some live scoring on the big stadium which was pretty nice as well