PDA

View Full Version : Capriati out of Aussie Open, and Kournikova.....

vettipooh
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:09 AM
Retires!!!....according to Tennisreporters dot net. So, so, so, sad.With Kim and Justine out, I was hoping Jcap would play!! Hope Serena or Venus does not pull out!!! can't read the story on kournikova. Its for subscribers only.

cometz9
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Are u for real??

Geisha
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Retires? Or retires from the AO?

Crazy Canuck
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:11 AM
I'm sorry, but how is Anna retiring news to anybody? This is almost as surprising as when Pat Rafter finally retired.

SerialKiller#69
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Article please...

Job well done Kournikova. You've done your fair share of contribution to women's tennis.

martirogi
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:14 AM
:worship: Kournikova :worship: queen of the russian revolution

PatM04
I think that the retirement statement from the author is strictly assumption....until Anna formaly announces her retirement I am going to hold out hope.

SerialKiller#69
I'm sorry, but how is Anna retiring news to anybody? This is almost as surprising as when Pat Rafter finally retired.
So true.

Lemonskin.
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:15 AM
She didn't have any points to defend until March anyway, did she?

Geisha
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:16 AM
Oh well.

tennnisfannn
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:17 AM
The article says Jen will withdraw, doesn't say she has done it, what gives?

Saved!
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:19 AM
they both should retire and get outta the way

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Oh my freaking goodness!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I hate this fucking year! What the heck is wrong with everyone?? Can we please just get healthy and play some tennis...is that too much to ask for??

Well, maybe the article is wrong....rumor! Because I can't imagine Jen missing that much tennis. But then again...who knows? What a blow is this news!! :sad: Get well soon Jen!!

LindsayRulez
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:23 AM
I'm sorry Jen fans, but we all knew it was kinda coming. Let's just wish she gets healthy again and look forward to some more classic battles. You can always watch her 2002 Australian Open win on ESPN Classic on Sunday, Jan. 16!

AK-DH Fan
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:25 AM
okay people have written that Anna retired since Early last year. Unless, there's a statement made by her in an article. If there's proof, I'll believe it, but I've read articles of the now retired Kournikova and those weren't true. Some proof please...............

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:25 AM
Nooooooo. Well...get better Jen, we'll see you at Dubai.

darrinbaker00
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Does it really matter whether or not Kournikova formally announces her retirement? If you look at her overall record, you could argue that she quit after the 2000 season.

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:32 AM
I'm sorry Jen fans, but we all knew it was kinda coming. Let's just wish she gets healthy again and look forward to some more classic battles. You can always watch her 2002 Australian Open win on ESPN Classic on Sunday, Jan. 16!

Finally, a little speck of good news!! Thanks for telling! :) :wavey:

darrinbaker00
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:34 AM
It's always fun to watch :devil: lose.....

Marcus1979
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Was Jen withdrawing from the Australian Open a real suprise.

Most of us expected it anyway.

AK-DH Fan
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Does it really matter whether or not Kournikova formally announces her retirement? If you look at her overall record, you could argue that she quit after the 2000 season.

Not really if she did "retire" it was in 2003 when she had all thoughs injuried. And to me it does matter, I want her to be honest with her fans, I don't want her to just fade out of the tennis scene without a statement. That would just piss me off, I don't want to leave an angry fan. I belive she ows us her honosty. Not all the lying she's been putting us through the last year or so

cameron
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:44 AM
All the injuries to the players just prove that the off-season is infact not long enough, Look at any other sport in the world and they have atleast double the offseason compared to tennis players.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:15 AM
sorry for Jen fans. I guess Venus moves up to the #8 seed.

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:33 AM
:sobbing:

Experimentee
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:40 AM
They dont actually have a quote from her or Kournikova. Its just what the author thinks they will do. I'm not sure how credible this 'source' is.

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:42 AM
They dont actually have a quote from her or Kournikova. Its just what the author thinks they will do. I'm not sure how credible this 'source' is.

Yeah, I'm hoping and praying it is a bunch of BS and the author doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. Please, be the case!

Martian Jeza
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:45 AM
So many injuries at the begining of the season ? There's something wrong somewhere...

JenFan75
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Anna CAN'T retire! :sad: :sad: :sad:

bello
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:52 AM
two pieces of bad news...
i cant believe no Jenn in Melbourne!

bello
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:56 AM
i was ging to see her and i was so happy...GRRRRRRRRRRRRR im distraught!

HectorMagnus
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:02 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :awww:

Fingon
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:08 AM
So many injuries at the begining of the season ? There's something wrong somewhere...
yes, in the wta

Rub
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:43 AM
this is really sad for this season!

10nisfanofruz
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:45 AM
There are so many injured player who pulled out.
I think that we have much chance to see the new face win the AO. ;)

Slumpsova
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:03 AM
GREAT :banghead:

why don't they cancel ladies' singles event and give that AO trophy to the Russians :o don't get me wrong, i don't mind the Russian dominating but i'm SICK of the injury players.

it seems that Venus Williams is the only non-Russian player who is healthy. if she or Serena pulling out too, i will ignore AO and go vacation instead :fiery:

Daniel
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Jenn :sad:

AK-DH Fan
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping and praying it is a bunch of BS and the author doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. Please, be the case!

Well, if we go with the theme of this year and last, it is. But it's not like she's telling us one way or the other. Like I said, I only will beieve it if there's a quote or something. Cause everything since 2003, has said "the now retired Kournikova", so it's nothing new to me, The only thing that will make me believe is if she doesn't try to comeback anytime this year or if she actuallu says, I'm retiring.

DevilishAttitude
Jan 11th, 2005, 08:59 AM
I'm not too sure what too believe. They are negative for Jen's chances although there hasn't been anything offical that has says Jennifer's out from herself, Aussie Open people and the WTA.

Has for the Kournikova part :rolleyes:

Jorn
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:21 PM
chocking news om page 3!

Anna :sad:

icequeen
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Not really if she did "retire" it was in 2003 when she had all thoughs injuried. And to me it does matter, I want her to be honest with her fans, I don't want her to just fade out of the tennis scene without a statement. That would just piss me off, I don't want to leave an angry fan. I belive she ows us her honosty. Not all the lying she's been putting us through the last year or so

she has faded out long time ago. I don't know why people would be surprise at this news because to me she has been retired long, long, time ago.

GoDominique
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Both not surprising if true.

Kart
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:38 PM
I'm sad to hear that Kournikova has retired formally. I liked her and always thought she could have done a lot more - and still can.

As for JenCap, you know the new season has started when there's a question mark about her and Oz LOL. Hope she gets better soon.

jenny161185
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I wont give up hope on Jen until I hear it from her officially! but come on she could have gained so much points - is she just destined to be ranked where she is for the rest of her career .

goldenlox
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:39 PM
I'm sad to hear that Kournikova has retired formally. I liked her and always thought she could have done a lot more - and still can.If Anna retired, that would be NEWS.
Much bigger news than any tennis tournament.

Anna isn't giving scoops to these nobodies.

Paneru
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:41 PM
sorry for Jen fans. I guess Venus moves up to the #8 seed.

Venus moved up to the #8 seed
when JHH pulled out.

Too bad for Jennifer.

Now, that's two of the top10 out.
Not to mention that Mauresmo is still very questionable.

What a great day it'll be when you can have
everyone in the Top10 at a Slam all healthy.

Darop.
Jan 11th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Jen :crying2:

Just when I was starting to like you :p

englishjenfan
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM
And keep liking her :)

A'DAM
Jan 11th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Anna CAN'T retire! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Didn't she retired long time ago :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway Anna I will always love and miss you :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing: :inlove:

patricio
Jan 11th, 2005, 07:52 PM
chocking news om page 3!

Anna :sad:
Ohh jesus,

MARTINA HINGIS WAS RETIRED AND CAME BACK
MARTINA NAV WAS RETIRED AND CAME BACK
MONICA SELES IS COMING BACK ALSO
PEOPLE WHEN SHE REALISES THAT SHE DONT HAVE NOWT TO DO BUT TO FUCK HIS ****** HUSBAND ENRIQUE AT HOME SHE WILL BE BACK ON COURT PLAYING 25K CHALLENGERS!!!

AK-DH Fan
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Ohh jesus,

PEOPLE WHEN SHE REALISES THAT SHE DONT HAVE NOWT TO DO BUT TO FUCK HIS ****** HUSBAND ENRIQUE AT HOME SHE WILL BE BACK ON COURT PLAYING 25K CHALLENGERS!!!

Well, I think I'm starting to beieve this. It's a pretty credable source and it's not like she's said otherwise. I agree, Anna will get bored shopping and following him around, she'll be back once she notices what she's leading behind

Jennifer's wife
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:16 AM
What the hell does that mean!!!i think he means its always good to see hingis lose! we used to call her chucky so i guess that smilie is kinda similar in a vague way!

oh jen, please get well soon! i miss u :sad: :crying2: :tears:

Lucy
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Ohh jesus,

i think she'll decide to come back when she and enrique officially break up...coz she'll have nobody to follow around.

Lucy
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:21 AM
get well soon, jen. when did her injury occur?

AK-DH Fan
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:24 AM
i think she'll decide to come back when she and enrique officially break up...coz she'll have nobody to follow around.

THE SAD TRUTH

Julia1968
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:27 AM
she has faded out long time ago. I don't know why people would be surprise at this news because to me she has been retired long, long, time ago.

The same for Hingis, who according to John Wortheim, retired in '02.

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:58 AM
My bad!!!

AK-DH Fan
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:58 AM
The same for Hingis, who according to John Wortheim, retired in '02.

No, not really. Anna played throughout almost all of 2002, before getting injured at the Kremlin Cup, then she came back in 2003 and left after injuries took over her the claycourt season.

FrauleinSteffi
Jan 12th, 2005, 12:59 AM
please get well jen & play soon if not down under then soon after ok:)

bigshow21
Jan 12th, 2005, 03:48 AM
get well soon, jen. when did her injury occur?

Well, when she was on The Best Damn Sports Show Period, her shoulder was hurt then. And that was back in late November...I think. Then she was still hurt for the exhibition match in December. And she is still hurt now. So it seems that this injury is quite serious. Just get well soon Jen!!!