PDA

View Full Version : So many of you talk about a Serena/Jen matchup...

JenCpLvr
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:08 PM
yet so many of you claim how far superior Serena is to Jennifer and there are ones who consistently say that Serena will blow Jen out.. If this is the case, why do you all care so much about their matchups?? Is it because you realize what a good player both are but don't want to acknowledge it when it's Jen?! :rolleyes:

Knizzle
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:11 PM
huh?

RenaSlam.
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:14 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

icequeen
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:16 PM
This child is in denial. I have no idea what she/he is babbling on about.

harloo
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:16 PM
wtf! :rolleyes: :lol:

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I care about EVERY maych Serena plays, whether its against Jenifer or not.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I have never said Serena will blow out Jennifer ever (I was shocked at Wimbledon) and up until after the French Open 2002 I always thought Serena would lose (even in Montreal when Serena wond the 1st set 6-1 I was still worried she would lose, and at Scottsdale too when Serena won the first set 6-2, I didn't think she would win.)

I always hope for Serena to blow Jen of the court, as Serena is one of my fav players, but I never actually think or say it will happen!!!

Stamp Paid
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:36 PM
huh?
I know, right?

I have just come to realize that I dislike Jen, so I want to see Serena beat her all the time. The bad part is, Jen plays like her ass is on fire against Serena, fitness be damned, and Serena gets too timid as if Jen was still the #1 in the world that was tagging her in 2001, and the dramatic shit always happens.

harloo
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:37 PM
I know, right?

I have just come to realize that I dislike Jen, so I want to see Serena beat her all the time. The bad part is, Jen plays like her ass is on fire against Serena, fitness be damned, and Serena gets too timid as if Jen was still the #1 in the world that was tagging her in 2001, and the dramatic shit always happens.
It's funny how Jen comes out like a beast against Serena, but then plays like an ant against everyone else. Interesting.;)

Knizzle
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:43 PM
It's funny how Jen comes out like a beast against Serena, but then plays like an ant against everyone else. Interesting.;)
I wouldn't even say she comes out like a beast, but Serena still has the mental issues like JustIncredible said dating back to 2001 when Jen had Serena's number. In my mind, that's the only reason why Serena didn't sweep Jen aside easily in 2002-2003.

harloo
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:55 PM
I wouldn't even say she comes out like a beast, but Serena still has the mental issues like JustIncredible said dating back to 2001 when Jen had Serena's number. In my mind, that's the only reason why Serena didn't sweep Jen aside easily in 2002-2003.
I don't know Knizzle, from the matches I have watch it seems like Jen's game matches up well with Serena's. The difference is that Serena's serve is far more superior.

I will agree with you that Serena seems to get tentative when playing Jen and that's mental, but I think she plays Serena better than any other player on tour.

Kart
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:00 AM
yet so many of you claim how far superior Serena is to Jennifer and there are ones who consistently say that Serena will blow Jen out.. If this is the case, why do you all care so much about their matchups?? Is it because you realize what a good player both are but don't want to acknowledge it when it's Jen?! :rolleyes:
Has JenCap ever blown out Serena ?

Knizzle
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:12 AM
I don't know Knizzle, from the matches I have watch it seems like Jen's game matches up well with Serena's. The difference is that Serena's serve is far more superior.

I will agree with you that Serena seems to get tentative when playing Jen and that's mental, but I think she plays Serena better than any other player on tour.Look at the way Serena hits the ball and her aggressive attitude against most everyone and then look how she plays against Capriati, it's like night and day. The first time she did hit out for the whole match against Jen(Wimby 2004) there was a 6-1, 6-1 result. I don't think that was a coincidence. Jen allows Serena to beat herself.

jenny161185
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:31 AM
jen allows serena to beat herself?
Yeah that makes loads of sense!

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:40 AM
I agree with what was said. I also think Jen plays her best against Serena than any other player. There is just something about it...but it makes for a great tennis match. ;) Otherwise, I am scared to death when Jen plays Serena. Even though I don't like Serena, she is a great tennis player. Serena is good and I am always afraid she is going to win and Jen is going to lose. But, their matches are so unpredictable...you never know what is going to happen.