PDA

View Full Version : Will Jen (9)and Serena (7) meet in the 16's at OZ?

kabuki
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Lots of assumptions here.

1.Higher seeded players don't withdraw and shift the seedings
2.Jen and Rena both play
3.They both fulfill their seedings

If 1 and 2 happen, I will not be surprised to see them smooshed together AGAIN. :mad: :mad: :mad:

3 might be a stretch, with the injuries and lack of match play for both, but I guess we'll see.

silverwhite
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:13 PM
No, they will meet in the Quaters. That's the tradition. ;)

MinnyGophers
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:21 PM
i sense a JCap vs Rena QF
and then the winner on to SF vs Momo. ( i think Jenny will win it, because Serena will be hampered by her injury.)
The other side will be one Russian and Lindsay.
Final Lindsay vs Momo.

**hopeful**
I usually always predict it right.

!<blocparty>!
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:30 PM
and then the winner on to SF vs Momo. ( i think Jenny will win it, because Serena will be hampered by her injury.)
Final Lindsay vs Momo.

**hopeful**
:lol: Lets hope you're right.

Did you manage to predict the outcome of the last three slams?

JennyS
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Right now I just want them to play!!!!!

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Serena has recovered from her injury fully, even though she was still being careful with it in Honh Kong. She played an awesome match with Venus against Sveta/ASV. Besides, Im pretty sure she is already in Australia training, therefore if her and JCap meet, I don't think she will have any problems.

Unless of course she just plays horribly, or she gets cheated in 5 line calls again lol.

DaNieLa RoCkZ
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Final Lindsay vs Momo.

**hopeful**

and what about Jen's injury :rolleyes: ... she is the one who isnt even fit to play and is in question to even go to the tournament... So if they do play.. Serena will take it easily! :bounce:

Gogo123
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Probably they will...and if we follow the pattern they had in their last 3 GS meetings, this time its for Serena to crush Jen.
LOL

Lemonskin.
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Maybe... It would be QF I think.

K-Dog
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:10 AM
I think we are headed straight for that. But with Jen's current health situation, I don't think it will happen.

jenny161185
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:29 AM
I want Jen to meet Myskina!

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:45 AM
More than likely they will meet each other in the 16's or QF. It is inevitable! Plus, they want to get people coming to the matches!

I just hope that both players heal fast and are healthy to play!!! :)

serenafan08
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:50 AM
If they do play, I predict that Serena will win. She's still pissed about those line calls @ the US Open, so she'll come out with a vengance. Jennifer has only played one tournament since the US Open, and got smashed by Vera Zvonareva. Jennifer won't have as much confidence as Serena because of lack of playing time. We'll see what happens...

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:54 AM
Well, I am just hoping for both of these ladies to be there and be 100% healthy. If they meet again I will be annoyed, but I am hoping Jen can pull this one out!!!

Hurley
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:02 AM
They cannot meet in the QF if they are seeded 7 and 9. Mathematically impossible since 9-12 must play 5-8 in the fourth round, and therefore will not be drawn against another 5-8 in the QF.

It will be either 4th round, SF, or F.

spartanfan
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Question: How many matches has Capriati played since the US Open? Was it that one match in Philly or somewhere else? One match in 5 months, doesn't look too good for Capriati, not to mention the fact she w/d from Sydney. If she's been injured and w/d this week, it doesn't bode well for the AO.

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:30 AM
I'll guarantee you they will be on opposite sides of the draw (or at least different quarters). If they meet, it will most probably be in the final (however, I could see them in a semi final if they are in the same half.)

Definately not a QF, if anything, it could be a Venus and Jennifer 4th round!

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Question: How many matches has Capriati played since the US Open? Was it that one match in Philly or somewhere else? One match in 5 months, doesn't look too good for Capriati, not to mention the fact she w/d from Sydney. If she's been injured and w/d this week, it doesn't bode well for the AO.

I agree....unfortunately! Things just aren't looking very good for Jen right now! Despite all this negative news...there is still hope and I am going to stay positive. Get well soon Jen. I look forward to cheering you on at Oz!!!

MinnyGophers
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:52 AM
:lol: Lets hope you're right.

Did you manage to predict the outcome of the last three slams?

well i had a feeling that Momo would lose to Serena in Wimby and YEC even though I prayed to God that it would not happen. I knew for sure Serena would lose Wimby, but not YEC. i guess i wasn't too wrong since Serena lost in LA because of her injury.
Now that JCap is out, and Serena will either withdraw or play injured, unless there is a freak accident, Momo should get to finals.
I predicted that Justine, nor momo, nor lindsay would get to USO finals ( even though I still hoped lol)
otherwise i have to admit I wasn't really sure about who would win the last three slams ( AO was easy with Justine steamrolling the whole season).
oh and I really believed that Justine would have a freak come back at the Olympics, and that Momo would either get a silver, or lose early. I don't know why it was just gut feelings. you don't have to believe me or anything...
anyway, right now, I really believe that 2005 will be Momo's breakthrough year, and with all the other top players coming down with injuries, it seems like the AO should be hers. And this time, i think she will win it.
I don't see Kimmie nor Justine ( unfortunately) do formidably well when they come back, but Justine will come back at least top three, Kimmie top ten.
I don't see either of the Russians defending their slams, although they will still be threats.
Lindsay will play well also, but I don't see her winning a slam ( although she could win the USO if it's her last tournament)
The WS are coming back slowly from their injuries, but it might be too late.
Seles, Hingis won't come back to the tour.
the only think i can't seem to get right is the results of Capriati vs Serena... i always end up picking the wrong player :lol:

those are my predictions :angel:

MinnyGophers
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:53 AM
saw that JCap will probably retire fron Aussie....
i guess that won't happen this time :/
Get well soon Jenny