PDA

View Full Version : my sunday (a bit late i know...)

slice
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:39 AM
sorry for not posting this today but i unfortunately had to work and was completely buggered after the tennis yesterday... just thought id tell people what i saw and who was practising with who etc....

firstly, it was the shittiest day of tennis in terms of order-of-play coz the only main-draw match was raymond vs dechy we left when lisa was winning, lol, but were glad to see that dechy had won when we returned

i saw watson and her partner beat talaja/vinci which was pretty exciting 4 them, and cindy was actually playing well which was a surprise ehehe

i saw a few points of mashona play whoever it was and win the tiebraker against her... it was 5-4 to mashona when the other girl double faulted, so mashona had 2 set points but the other girl saved it, then got to 6-6 when mashona double-faulted, lol... then she won the TB when her opponent hit a backhand wide.

in terms of ppl practising:

myskina and davenport: they were really friendly and laughing against each other a lot... davenport looked really good and has a nice short hair-cut again which suits her... i heard davenport say something bout being freaked out and they both had a good laugh, but the funniest was when nastya hit a short short to davenport who began to scream coz she had to run to get to it, LOL, but davy's serve looked amazing, aced nastya a couple of times when they played points so that was good to c....

conchita and randoms: she was with all these random players (one with very peroxided hair :tape and i really don't think they helped her in her singles match tonight, hence the loss... but one of them really did look like a man i'm afraid but she was nice nonetheless when my mate had to chuck a ball back to her.

conchita and stubbs: these 2 practised for a bit a couple of hours later and they both looked in pretty good form for doubles (obviously not rennae who lost) so hopefully that will carry through for tomorrow. and then my mates who were sitting down on the chair besides the court were moved by some rude bitch in which conchita then just jumped on to the seat, that has got to be the highlight i reckon of the day...

maleeva and likhovtseva: maleeva's hair was shocking! looked like a fkn rat's tail that had been died straight through the middle

molik and hantuchova: that drew a huge crowd and i think they were both playing well but i couldnt be stuffed watching coz its not as if we dont get enough of their matches on tv anyways throughout the year

quickly saw zvonareva who looked really fit, and ai practising wid some male dude, but she looked alright compared to last week, but hey, what would i no?

sprem was an outside practise court as well, as were chladkova, zuluaga, and jankovic.

sorry if that was boring but im stoked i could even remember most of it tomorrow will be much better where i get to see molik and nastya play :hearts:

Zhao
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:04 PM
not at all dude
hoped u continue to give us more reports :yeah:

Elldee
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Wicked! It's so cool that Anastasia and Lindsay were practicing together and I hope they both hold to form to get to the final.

Thanks for the report ;)

crazillo
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Maggie and Elena practising together :D!!!!
Good signs for Melbourne.

CooCooCachoo
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:05 PM

abbygael
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I love Myskina, I hope she get to the final with Lindsay!!!! Two of my faves.

Spunky83
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I love Myskina, I hope she get to the final with Lindsay!!!! Two of my faves.

Yep, would be nice;)

Thx for posting your impressions Slice!

Jerraj
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:22 PM
that was nice, can't wait for more of your posts, slice :p

Emptiness
Jan 11th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the reports. :)