PDA

View Full Version : Huber/McShea def. Hantuchova/Navratilova 6-3 7-5

GoDominique
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Interesting.

F-R-E-A-K
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:57 AM
:lol: :lol: :tape: Very Interesting. :lol: :tape:

Hantuchova was very pissed! Navratilova wasn't to happy ;)

Dymension
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:09 AM
:eek:

Chunchun
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:11 AM
:tape: :rolleyes:

xr6turbo
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:12 AM
:eek: :tape:

mn73
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Huber/McShea are experienced doubles players who ONLY play doubles now, and Hantuchova/Navratilova is a first time partnership. Will be interesting to see how long the partnership lasts if they lose first round at the Australian Open though!

martinafan
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I saw the first set of this match, and Huber and McShea are very very solid doubles players - and they always knew exactly where to put the ball so that it was very hard for martina and hantuchova to get it back....they constantly hit the ball right at navratilova's feet and wrong-footed her quite a bit.

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:14 PM
McShea was very very impressive.... especially on serve. I thought Navratilova kind of let Hantuchova down... she didn't play as well as usual in doubles

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:17 PM
maybe it was just a bad day at the office.

There is always next week with the AUssie Open Starting

jonny84
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Hopefully it will last - she did wonders for Svetlana but when that partnership broke she only won one tournament last year with Lisa Raymond and has been struggling since.

Jorn
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:28 PM
WELL DONE L. Huber/L. McShea :)

Mr_Molik
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:42 PM
god what do u stupid ppl expect lisa and liesel r awesome doubles players ud expect them to beat a fucking 50 yr old :rolleyes: give up martina :help:

slice
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:43 PM
god what do u stupid ppl expect lisa and liesel r awesome doubles players ud expect them to beat a fucking 50 yr old :rolleyes: give up martina :help:

:haha:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Liezel Huber! :hearts: And Lisa McShea ;)

daniela86
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:22 PM
huber/mc shea are very experimented, it's not a bad result for danka/martina (even if i though they would win :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: )! better luck next time!:hug: :hug:

butch
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Go Liezel!!!

PatM04
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Congrats Lisa:) I cant belive someone I played with played against Martina :eek: :)

wipeout
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Maybe Daniela has a secret plan to try and get Martina to be her coach. :devil:

bracey
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Maybe Daniela has a secret plan to try and get Martina to be her coach. :devil:

I don't think it's unfair to assume that this is possible. Daniela is coached by Nigel Sears and they have a special long-term relationship but if I was Sears then I'm sure the presence of someone older than myself tutoring Daniela would be unsettling; especially as well-respected as Navratilova.

Philbo
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:49 PM
I think this is a shocking result. I didnt buy tickets to the first round thinking Id get to see martina/Daniela in the 2nd round.. only followed the scores but it was clear by the scores that Martina struggled on serve all day.. Really its a pathetic result and the pressure is now on for the Aus Open.. they couldnt have gotten a better draw in Sydney..

For everyone saying how great Liezel and Lisa are, c'mon.. Leizel is a good doubles player with a great serve but Lisa McWho? Im really disapointed in this result..Hope its not the beginning of a long year..

I called IMG and they told me the score was 6-3 6-4.. Whats the correct score?

Lemonskin.
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Whoa!

Huber/McShea... They're that damn good :devil:

Mateo Mathieu
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:17 PM
6-3 6-4 is the correct score.

crazillo
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Huber/McShea :D

Liezel is awesome!!

Randy H
Jan 11th, 2005, 12:11 AM
A bit of a disappointment for Daniela and Martina, but Liezel and Lisa are both quite solid doubles players, they know the game well and I can see how they could win with Martina's attackable serve, and Daniela's often rigid net play.

Brinyi
Jan 11th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Huber/McShea are that damn good. :devil:

Mr_Molik
Jan 13th, 2005, 02:42 AM
I think this is a shocking result. I didnt buy tickets to the first round thinking Id get to see martina/Daniela in the 2nd round.. only followed the scores but it was clear by the scores that Martina struggled on serve all day.. Really its a pathetic result and the pressure is now on for the Aus Open.. they couldnt have gotten a better draw in Sydney..

For everyone saying how great Liezel and Lisa are, c'mon.. Leizel is a good doubles player with a great serve but Lisa McWho? Im really disapointed in this result..Hope its not the beginning of a long year..

I called IMG and they told me the score was 6-3 6-4.. Whats the correct score?lisa mcwho is a player who won more doubles titles (3) than the ugly old bitch last yr :) and anyway u dont have 2 be a star to beat a 50yr old has been :tape:

Philbo
Jan 13th, 2005, 02:55 AM
lisa mcwho is a player who won more doubles titles (3) than the ugly old bitch last yr :) and anyway u dont have 2 be a star to beat a 50yr old has been :tape:
LOL@ the tournaments won..

2004 - Acapulco (w/Sequera), Strasbourg (w/Sequera), 's-Hertogenbosch (w/Sequera);

Im sure martina could rack up the titles only playing Tier 3 and 4 against other nobodies!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW - Better to be a 50 year old has-been than a 30 year old NEVER-WAS!! hahahahaha:lol: :lol: :kiss:

Mr_Molik
Jan 13th, 2005, 02:59 AM
:retard:

selking
Jan 13th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Lets just say this right now. The only decent aussie player is alicia molik. And thats decent not great.

SzavayFi
Jan 13th, 2005, 03:53 AM
I really hope Martina and Dani get good results in Melbourne, Dani cant afford to loose this partnership :tape:

SzavayFi
Jan 13th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Lets just say this right now. The only decent aussie player is alicia molik. And thats decent not great.
Well shes the BEST Aussie player we have right now. For WTA I mean......

Alicia Rocks
Jan 13th, 2005, 04:36 AM
if u saw Alicia play today she was better then decent she was AWESOME :) :o

selking
Jan 13th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Well shes the BEST Aussie player we have right now. For WTA I mean......
i thought you are american?