PDA

View Full Version : A Deal With the Devil

Volcana
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:25 AM
American bluesman Robert Johnson was reputed to have made a deal with the Deval si he could play the blues better than anyone else. Onne aspect of this is that it's rumnored that it took him under two years to go from picking up the guitar to being a master musician and songwriter. The other apsect is he died at 27. It's not terrbly surprising he died young. Selling your soul to the Devil never works out. But he DID play the blues better than anyone else.

Which brings us to my question.

Which player would you say sold her soul to the Devil so she could play tennis better than anyone else? Remember, selling you soul to the Devil doesn't work out, historically. So you could pick Hingis. Or Tracy Austin. Or Chris O'Neill.

SilK
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Justine Henin Hardenne...

Karma has been playing tricks on her for some time now... :o

Sally Struthers
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:08 AM
I'll tell you who. Conchita Martinez sold her soul to the devil in exchange for the 94 Wimbeldon title. I mean come on, beating Martina on your worst surface and her best? I know the old bat was ancient and all but still she's the fucking Martina Navratilova at fucking Wimbeldon.

Sally Struthers
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Justine Henin Hardenne...

Karma has been playing tricks on her for some time now... :o

Some would argue she is the devil :o

chapel
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:21 AM
damn, i wish i can rep you :)

i'd go for hingis. for the men's, fed.

SilK
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:25 AM
yeah... Roger = too good!

I remember people always saying how the womans game had dominate figures and it was no fun. But look at Roger on the ATP! :eek: He can't keep winning like this, right? :scratch:

SilK
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:25 AM

:haha:

Well, she went from ok, to good... to really strong and really fit... too like an illness and a mental breakdown and a broken bone! If that ain't Karma, what is! :shrug:

Sally Struthers
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:27 AM
:haha:

Well, she went from ok, to good... to really strong and really fit... too like an illness and a mental breakdown and a broken bone! If that ain't Karma, what is! :shrug:

Sileypoo, you'd go nuts too if you were married to that "thing" she calls a husband :tape:

Sally Struthers
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Sileypoo, you'd go nuts too if you were married to that "thing" she calls a husband :tape:

Maybe Pierre-Yves was part of the deal :tape: :haha:

SilK
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:44 AM

Honey... I already go nuts just seeing him on TV in between breaks on Eurosport! :eek: Poor Justine... must be hard for her to be the man in the relationship! :tape:

Maybe Pierre-Yves was part of the deal :tape: :haha:

OMG, OMG :scared:

I can actually see Justine standing there, dialing 555-DEVIL, making a deal to sell her soul. And he is tryna get rid of Pierre-Yves... And Justine saying: Zo When I Marry Ze Thing, I Will Win All Ze Matches??? :bolt: