PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Raymond and Rennae Stubbs - since when where they back as a team?

go hingis
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:06 AM
lol, was I sleeping. I was just shocked when I checked my live score board and seen they where playing together. Any info would be great.

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:07 AM
our commentators said yesterday that they are back playing this year

anthonyqld
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:09 AM
They are back together.

The only reason they split last year was Raymond wanted to play the Olympics and was told that she'd have to partner another American on the WTA tour if she wanted to be considered because they would only pick a ready made team.

shannonannafan
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:18 AM
What about Stubb's partner Cara Black ???

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:29 AM
They are back together.

The only reason they split last year was Raymond wanted to play the Olympics and was told that she'd have to partner another American on the WTA tour if she wanted to be considered because they would only pick a ready made team.

I thought they split 2 years ago.

wasn't it a year with Davenport and a year with Navratilova

freemartha22
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:43 AM
yes....i think they just decided that their partnership was worth another try. in spite of the success that renae and cara had, rennae thinks that her and lisa can do better more consistently..... i wish them well....

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:45 AM
yes....i think they just decided that their partnership was worth another try. in spite of the success that renae and cara had, rennae thinks that her and lisa can do better more consistently..... i wish them well....

In 2001 they were the #1 doubles team

Rollo
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:02 AM
When I went to the Philly event they were pretty cosy looking while watching Alicia Molik-so it doesn't surprise me too much.

azza
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:18 AM

6-1 6-7 4-6 loss straight up to stosur/stewart lol.... they where up 61 53

Doraemon
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:20 AM
azza when did you get unbanned?

azza
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:28 AM
december but i was away all dec anyway

Doraemon
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:29 AM
december but i was away all dec anyway

Well.. welcome back anyway. We all(?) missed you! The board needed you!

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Who's Cara playing with?! No one seems to know that as yet... yeah, Stubbs/Raymond, not so successful thus far, losing to the young uns

Fantastic
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Stubbsy probably threw a fit at Lisa after losing, such is her nature. Not that she's angry with Lisa, just that she probably threw a fit at her out of frustration. I always feel sorry for Lisa, watching them play. Rennae can be so vile towards her doubles partners, unintentionally most of the time, but it's just disgraceful to watch if you didn't know she was just an emotional sort of person and really into her tennis. It must be hard for Lisa not to take it personally, being berated like she's the only person who makes the mistakes in that team. I know I'd get a complex about it and start "accidentally" serving into the back of my partner's head.

Pamela Shriver
Jan 11th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I know I'd get a complex about it and start "accidentally" serving into the back of my partner's head.
I used to do that accidentally. Really, my technique was THAT bad!