PDA

View Full Version : Who is Louise Plemming?

SelesFan70
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:29 AM
I was watching the Hopman Cup, and I thought she sounded like Liz Smylie! :o Anyone know when she played on the tour (assuming she did)?

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:30 AM
she dated Martinez for a while, i heard... yes a former WTA player

Hayato
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:32 AM
really? :eek: I didn't know she swung that way :lol:

freemartha22
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:32 AM
i think she played back in the late 80's early 90's

switz
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:37 AM
she was a doubles player i heard. i looked up her record for singles a while ago and she was like 0-2 for her career. probably one of the best australian girls of her generation :wink:

i think she's a pretty ordinary commentator but there is just a lack of options. nicole provis would be the best of the bunch but she's married to basketballer so she doesn't need the money and her sister is todd woobridge's wife as a interesting piece of trivia.

Postcard
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Louise Pleming
Born: 22 June 1967
Career Prize Money: $US182,195
Singles Win-Loss Record: 56-116
Doubles Win-Loss Record: 161-174
Highest Singles Ranking: No. 290 (August 19, 1996)
Highest Doubles Ranking: No. 87 (April 13, 1998)

switz
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:58 AM
omg that's worse

i thought she at least may have been good at doubles. high of 87 is horrible.

tennisvideos
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:10 AM
omg that's worse

i thought she at least may have been good at doubles. high of 87 is horrible.

It depends on your perspective. I mean I would be OVER THE MOON if I had a world ranking of 87 in doubles. But to a top player that would be unimpressive to say the least.

Anyway, Louise is a lovely gal and a nice little player - and very athletic and attractive as well. I've hit with her a few times and gotten to know her over the past half dozen years. And yes, she did date Conchita for a few years. :)

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:43 AM
I am not overfussed on her commentary.

out of the Aussie commentators I like Kerryn Pratt

Lemonskin.
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:28 AM
I am not overfussed on her commentary.

out of the Aussie commentators I like Kerryn Pratt
I agree... Kerryn Pratt is far and away my favourite female commentator.

I like "Fiery" Fred Stolle and John Newcombe too. But Mark Woodforde shits me.

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Newc is the best

:) :) :)

Purple_Llama
Jan 10th, 2005, 07:51 AM
I think Louise Plemming is a really good commentator & would like to see her involved in the Oz Open. I don't think much of Kerryn Pratt nor Nicole Bradtke (she got booted for being too dour I think)

As for Louise,I remember she was involved with an Australian calendar was that was shot & sold in about 96/7 which involved Rafter & the poo.

xin_hui
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:50 AM
louise was involved with martinez?:eek:

oh well, but she's an excellent commentator, much better than the ones i usually get:o
hope i will be getting her at AO!

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:54 AM
I wonder how Rachel McQuillan will go when she comentates during the Australian Open this year

AUSBOY
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Louise is a raging lesbian! She plays in a womens AFL style football team now for fun!

She retired from doubles just as she really started doing well. I remember her reaching a WTA doubles final in one of the clay court events just prior to the French Open.

To my knowledge she only won 1 main draw match at a WTA event in Asia

No one beats Kerryn Pratt at commentating, she is superlative, her knowledge is immense and she is always accurate, have never heard her make a mistake, where as every other commentator makes several every match especially the likes of geriatric Stolle and Newk!!

Purple_Llama
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I wonder how Rachel McQuillan will go when she comentates during the Australian Open this year

Do all Foxtel subscribers get that? Or is it just digital subscribers

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Do all Foxtel subscribers get that? Or is it just digital subscribers

If u have Fox Sports 2 u get it.

just digital subscribers get the Sports active features

Purple_Llama
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Ahh ok thanks :)

JenFan75
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:00 PM
I didn't know Conchi was a lesbian.

Fantastic
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I had the unexpected fortune of crossing paths with Miss Lou Pleming at the Hopman Cup. She was absolutely gorgeous in person. However, she looked at me with a very suspicious expression on her face. I've noticed she does that to everyone though, so I wasn't particularly offended. Lol. I may or may not have smirked at her because she looked at me like I was a weirdo, but that could just be because I am a weirdo. Lol. She was chatting to an attendant as I happened by. It sounded like she was bitching her out until they laughed together. The suspicious look may have been because she thought I wanted an autograph from her, which wasn't the case because I didn't have a pen and I wasn't particularly interested in getting autographs from anyone. I think autographs are stupid unless it's attached to an item like a tennis racquet that raises money for good causes like the tsunami disaster relief.