PDA

View Full Version : Your fav players best match of 2004---post

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Respond saying which was the best match for your favourite(s) in 2004.

For my players it was:

SERENA: 04 wimbledon QF, Serena def Capriati 6-1, 6-1.
Serena was FLAWLESS in this match, it was one of the few matches where she played like her 02-03 self if not better. It took a bit over 40min. Capriati didn't really play bad, she jsut didnt get a chance to play. Serena was AMAZING on her groundstrokes, hitting winners left and right, every part of her game was A+. It's a shame she never found that form consistently in 2004.

VENUS: FCC final against Martinez. It wasn't her best played match of 04, but it was a very important one. She was going through a bit of a title drought, and she pulled out the win in 3 sets. Though the rest of her year was mediocre by her standards, had she lost that match, she may have had even less confidence later on, so im really glad she pulled a win there. It led to a very succesfull clay court season.

RenaSlam.
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Serena- 04 YEC Semi against Mauresmo. Coming back from a set and 3-1 down, Rena picked up her level in the second and the third set was about as close as it could get. Rena got a bit tired at the end and could not serve as fast, but pulled through. I was ecstatic! Rena would go on to lose 6-4 in the third to Sharapova in the final.

Venus- Warsaw Final- beat Kuznetsova 4 and 1. Enough said. Venus went on a great streak during the clay season. Reached the Berlin final but had to withdraw.

faboozadoo15
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:19 PM
sharapova
6-1 6-4 wimbledon win in the final against serena was impressive in many ways.

dementieva
hmmmm tough call.
6-0 2-6 7-6 win over capriati while playing kinda injured was very impressive.

dokic
she has SIX wins... should i actually go and pull up her profile and pick one because honestly i can't remember one off the top of my head. she was probably a better player in some of her losses. like the 1st round exit against dechy at the us open-- she served for the match. also lost in 3s to dementieva who played well in miami.

seles
exhibition on a fucking barge against john mcenroe easily trumps the WTT disaster.

jelena has wins over black, husarova, panova, pratt, and brandi...

Serena!
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Serena v. Amelie Semi-Finals at YEC and Wimbledon-
These two matches were very fun to watch, they had amazing points! When Serena comes back from a set and 3-1 down in both of them, she plays her heart out! Very exciting to watch.

pinkfrog
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:39 PM
I think my fav match all year was Jennifer Capriati and Serena Williams at the USO. I love watching them play and that match they both laid it all out on the line.

^bibi^
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Sprem defeating medina-guarrigues 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 (or was it 4-6, 6-4, 6-4 ??) maybe not the best one, but the best I saw live...(with two of my favorite palyers :))

Caz
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Well, I didn't get to see many of the *cough* 11 *cough* matches Magüi won in 2004, but, form the matches I did see her play, I would vote for her 6-4, 6-2 win over Eleni Daniliidou in the 1st round of Wimbledon, which was actually a good match, something of a rarity these days in Magüi's career!! ;)

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:47 PM
when dokic beat panova in 04 tokyo :lol:

Natasc
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Lena vs Jen in USO 6-0 2-6 7-6

Lena D def Bovina 6-4 7-5 (I think)

Masha def Nastya in YEC (nastya chokes but I like Masha's courage)

crazillo
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Maggie defeating Ai 6-1 6-1.

She was very solid vs. Suarez in Montreal, too.

Also against Conchi in Eastbourn,e h2h was 0-11, she was 3-6 1-5 down, then 3-6 7-5 0-4 down before she evenutally won 3-6 7-5 6-4. :)

mandy7
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Daniela Hantuchova
-against Mauresmo at Eastbourne
-against Molik at the US Open

^bibi^
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:50 PM
how did i forgot, Olympics SF... this was of course my favorite one, even if I was so nervous during the match I must have lost 5 years of my life...

Wiggly
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Iveta
ag. Pennetta at Acapulco
ag. Farina Elia in San Diego

Daniela
Molik Us Open

Natasc
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Ops, I almost forgot...also Lena def Momo in Roland Garros and US Open ;)

TatiAnnahølic
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Tati def. Kuznetsova 6-4 6-1 [Fed Cup final]
Tati def. Dementieva 6-4 6-4 [Open Gaz de France QF]

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Dementieva beating Capriati in that U.S semi final was good, at least in quality.... but I'll say her match in the quarters against Mauresmo. The standard wasn't great, but she won with guts.

(•_•)
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Vera def. Capriati 6-0 6-1 QF Philadelphia