PDA

View Full Version : Can Daniela Win the Australian Open?

Doraemon
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Normally I hate hyping but for a change I decided to hype one of my favorite players. She did well in Perth to help Slovania win Hopmen Cup and seems to have worked hard durin the off season where I'm sure she ate a lot of fries and burgers. Now she's looking a lot healthier and chubbier and her game is also coming together. I think she has a chance to go far at AO. I don't think it's not too unrealistic to consider her a comeptitor for the title given she once was there and puttin on some fat will do her world of good!
Good Luck Dani! :worship:

vogus
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Hantuchova has the same chance of winning the AO as Emmanuelle Gagliardi.

Doraemon
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Hantuchova has the same chance of winning the AO as Emmanuelle Gagliardi.

Are you sure? or you re just trying to be funny?

DevilishAttitude
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:51 PM
No way in hell :)

Dani's aim should be to live up to her seeding and reach the 3rd round and give a good performance against a top player.

She doesn't have the consisentesy, movement or mental game to be a threat like 3 years ago

vogus
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Are you sure? or you re just trying to be funny?
i'm saying in a polite way that she has not much chance to win the tournament.

daniela86
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:57 PM
i'll be cheering with all my heart for her (she is my numero one fave) but i seriously doubt about it :bigcry: :bigcry: i think she can reach the 1/4 but not win the title. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: ....btw, i'm sure she will win a grand slam one day but right now, it's too early!!

TFan1156
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Normally I hate hyping but for a change I decided to hype one of my favorite players. She did well in Perth to help Slovania win Hopmen Cup and seems to have worked hard durin the off season where I'm sure she ate a lot of fries and burgers. Now she's looking a lot healthier and chubbier and her game is also coming together. I think she has a chance to go far at AO. I don't think it's not too unrealistic to consider her a comeptitor for the title given she once was there and puttin on some fat will do her world of good!
Good Luck Dani! :worship:

Anything is possible if she keeps fighting like she has been. Would also take some luck along the way...

thelittlestelf
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:15 PM
She could do well, but I don't think she'll win.

Natasc
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I don't think so
She was playing crap in Hopman Cup
She had a lot of luck cause dulko start to play bad in second server and server even worse :o
But I think that Dani won cause she's a fighter, she just never give up
But she was not playing what she could, and she knew

spike83
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:28 PM
possible quarterfinalist but not titlist,
not yet, maybe in 2 years or so, but right now her game is improving but she can't even beat molik ... and molik also isn't a titlist so ...

jrm
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Just because she won couple of matches against players ranked below her doesn't make her a contender

wateva
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:57 PM
i dun think so... how can she beat players like lindsay, serena, jennifer and venus?

cartmancop
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:02 PM
I don't think she will win but she could make the QF or possibly the SF with a good draw.

englishjenfan
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:03 PM
After Jen i would really like to see her do well! Actually it should be a Jen and Danny final!!!

JenCpLvr
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I don't think she'll ever win a grand-slam, let alone this year.

vutt
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:08 PM
lol@topic...

Z Commando
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Can Daniela Win the Australian Open?
No,she'll do well if she reaches the second week.

mandy7
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:17 PM
i'm a huge fan, but even i know it's just not possible
we'll see what happens

Vincent
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Although it sounds a bit impossible, but everything can happens. Look at the case of Goran in Wimbledon, who would expect him to be in the final and beat the great RAFTER! :)

DEETHELICK
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I highly doubt it. I still think even after this win, she is a bit fragile. Lets see what happens when she plays someone Top 20.

croat123
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:51 PM
let's start with beating top30 players first...

and the country is called slovakia, not slovania :o

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:59 PM
To answer the thread title bluntly, no. Unless she pulls some kind of miracle off. Anything is possible I guess, but I just dont see it.

jcaprulez
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I'd like to see her win, but in reality I think it'd be an acheivement if she got to the 4th round.

serenafan08
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Daniela winning the Aussie this year is wishful thinking, but it won't happen. It's not because she's not good enough because she is a good player, but the game is just so deep now. There's too much opposition for her to overcome. She has losing records to all the top players she would have to beat, and I don't see her beating any of those players at this tournament.

pinkfrog
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I don't think she'll make a really good run at a slam until the USO. I think playing doubles with NAVRATILOVA is going to help her soooo much this year.

blumaroo
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:49 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT. She's too inconsistent and even at her best she couldn't handle the likes of Serena,Lindsay,Maria etc. 4th round this year at best.

Wiggly
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Danka could in 2006 ;)

beauty_is_pink
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:55 PM
dont add the pressure on her again :rolleyes:
one step at a time ;)

tommystar
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Yes, in doubles!

chapel
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:26 PM
.......just because she won hopman cup? let's see how she'll do in the following tournies 1st and then we'll talk about the oz open

saki
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I think she has a shot at the doubles title but singles.. alas, no, not yet. I have hopes though that she'll win a slam in the next 2-3 years.

flyingmachine
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Don't think so.

steve2005
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Ofcourse she can, i mean Dani at her best can beat say any of the top 10 on their worst day. The point is that probably wont happen.

Joana
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Of course, I think she might be going for the Grand Slam this year.

switz
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:15 PM
if she plays like she did against dulko she'll struggle to get a few rounds. if she plays like she did against michaella then she has a good shot of making a quarter-final or even more with a favourable draw.

beauty_is_pink
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:16 PM
Good Luck Dani! :worship: Lets Facts straight:

Daniela is not in your sig with whom there are list of players you wish luck too.
If you were a fan, you would realli kno she is from Slovakia and spell it correctly.
She did not spend her offseason eatting fries and burgers :)
She isnt chubby now (USO was chubby), she's lean now.
You are formely known as Saint Seiya aka the person who is insanely insane.

_LuCaS_
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:22 PM
AS long as she has 2 arms and 2 legs of course she can. Anybody can win. HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but it could happen. I hope I win the lottery sometime

wipeout
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Daniela at her best can push the best players hard so if she played her highest level at the right time like Sharapova was at Wimbledon then it's possible. I think Daniela will need to win some more tournaments against good players first, though, as right now I think nerves would be too much of a factor if she was up against an player experienced in semis and finals of grand slams.

Who'd have thought Sharapova or Kuznetsova would have won a Slam in 2004, though? Not many, I think, and Daniela beat the former and nearly beat the latter only a few months before they did that.

ukfan
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Probably the 3rd or 4th round but if she has a good draw she could make the QF at best.

WorldWar24
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:51 PM
of course she can

Lemonskin.
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:52 PM
She DID play fantastic at Hopman but it's not enough to win the Australian Open. Most of the top-10 would beat her. But she's definately improved.

SzavayFi
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:06 AM
Daniela is my favorite player in the world but she cant do it yet. But she can gladly prove me wrong :)

Gowza
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:47 AM
her groundies arent quite big enough. her movement needs to improve a lot for her to get back to the top and her returns could use some work because even against dulko in perth her returns didnt help her much. her serve although not the biggest has good placement and is ok but it could also do with a bit of extra pace. and her defensive game isnt too good (prob because her movement is so poor that she's never really had the chance to develop a defensive game properly).

being a contender for a slam, thats a bit far. but with confidence i can see her slowly working her way back up the ranks. she played ok in perth but i didnt really think she woiuld trouble the top players with the way she was playing.

i think physically she has actually lost a bit compared to last year, last year she gained alot particulary around the hip area, this year she seems to be slimmer in that ara but her arms and face look much healthier.

VeeDaQueen
Jan 10th, 2005, 12:55 AM
thread title:

NO

Volcana
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Honestly, probably not. But some luck with the draw could mean a semi. She'd have to get the right player inthe round of 16, and have one of the top four lose so she didn't play them in the quarters. But that scenario happens for someone in most slams. Clarisa Fernandez, Anna Kournikova, Alexandra Stevenson....

RatedR Superstar
Jan 10th, 2005, 02:01 AM
If Daniela's gonna win this years Aussie open, she gotta play consistent and she'll need lots of luck, tons of it..maybe she'll make it to the 3rd round this year

Doraemon
Jan 10th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Honestly, probably not. But some luck with the draw could mean a semi. She'd have to get the right player inthe round of 16, and have one of the top four lose so she didn't play them in the quarters. But that scenario happens for someone in most slams. Clarisa Fernandez, Anna Kournikova, Alexandra Stevenson....

And Patty Schnyder and Fabio Zoolander.

Huntress555
Jan 10th, 2005, 02:35 AM
I don't think she can win it, but she will definatly go far :) her game has improved and I think she will go into the aus open with more confidence!

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:37 AM
She can... but she's a really long shot. But I think she's the only player outside the top 10-15 that can do it.

Experimentee
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:25 PM
It would be nice if she did, but she won't. She couldnt win a Slam two years ago when she was at her best, so what makes you think she can win now, when she is not as good?