PDA

View Full Version : What's happened to Sammy Reeves???

Als
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Hey! Does anyone know what's happened to Samantha Reeves? She isn't entered into the qualies for the Aussie Open, or any qualies in the lead up to the Open. Also, she isn't in any challengers this month either.

Sam is one of the nicest players on tour, and she should be up in the top 50. Does anyone know if she's injured or something?

Thanks!

PatM04
Mar 9th, 2005, 01:18 AM
Sorry to bring this up again after so long but I just found this post. Sammy hasn't played since November and no one seems to know why. She was on the qualy lists for Bogota and Acapulco but pulled out just as the tourneys were starting. The fact that she was actually on a list in the first place makes me feel better. I was however hoping to see her back in the IW qualy draw, but no such luck. In the next few weeks she'll begin to fall if she doesn't play. She has second round points at IW comming off, qualifier+second round points at FCC comming off, a 75k QF comming off, and then qualifier+second round points comming off in Rome. After that she only won 3 matches the rest of the year. I think since she is on entry lists but not showing means she has a long term injury that she is trying to get better. Hopefully, she is just waiting for the clay season to return so it will be easier on her body. If injury is not the case then it must have something to do with her dismal play last year. Either way, she is to talented and to young to not be out on the tour competing. When the USTA challengers start back up after IW and I call the supervisors to get scores, I am going to ask if they know what is going on with Sammy. I am sure they have heard something since Sammy was on their circut for roughly half a years worth of tourneys. Anyways, any support for Sammy is welcome upon her return....if she returns :sad:

PS. I'll update this post after I talk to the supervisors.

Babolatpro880
Mar 9th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I saw her on a challenger entry list in the Challenger Forum. I think it was $25K Augusta, but I'm not sure.

PatM04
Mar 9th, 2005, 01:22 AM
I saw her on a challenger entry list in the Challenger Forum. I think it was $25K Augusta, but I'm not sure.
I hadn't noticed that:eek: :bounce: :bounce: I really hope she shows up this time. Like I said, I had assumed she was either recovering from injury or getting her game together. Hopefully she can pick up a win or two!