PDA

View Full Version : I want Venus or Serena to win the Aus Open

switz
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:35 AM
i've always been a fence sitter with the williams sisters. i've given them a lot of praise for a non fan and i have called them up when they have been out of line in my eyes.

i went through the stage where i thought it was annoying how they won everything and it was exciting when someone challenged or in a rare occurence beat them. now however i have to say that i miss the way they played and i'm actually pulling for them (especially venus) to get up in the Aus Open presuming my let down mercant faves perform as per usual.

am i alone in this thinking? i know there are still plenty of people who dislike them (or one of them) for whatever reason, but i've kind of reached the stage where i want to see tennis at a higher level that i feel it has been lacking for the last couple of years. i think venus has the potential to play so much better as does serena - i prefer venus simply because i love the way she strikes the ball when on and i think her movement is amazing.

i know this probably sounds like jibberish but i felt like saying it.

go sisters.

Mr_Molik
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:42 AM
i don't.

switz
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:48 AM
i don't.

i'm shocked

Experimentee
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:49 AM
I do too. Go Venus and Serena, but Serena especially!

Greenout
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:51 AM
i've always been a fence sitter with the williams sisters. i've given them a lot of praise for a non fan and i have called them up when they have been out of line in my eyes.

i went through the stage where i thought it was annoying how they won everything and it was exciting when someone challenged or in a rare occurence beat them. now however i have to say that i miss the way they played and i'm actually pulling for them (especially venus) to get up in the Aus Open presuming my let down mercant faves perform as per usual.

am i alone in this thinking? i know there are still plenty of people who dislike them (or one of them) for whatever reason, but i've kind of reached the stage where i want to see tennis at a higher level that i feel it has been lacking for the last couple of years. i think venus has the potential to play so much better as does serena - i prefer venus simply because i love the way she strikes the ball when on and i think her movement is amazing.

i know this probably sounds like jibberish but i felt like saying it.

go sisters.

Can the Royal Court frame this post on their walls?
:eek:
:tape:

Doraemon
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:50 PM
i don't.

I fuckin don't either!

Geisha
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I DO!

Go Venus & Serena!!!

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:08 PM
If either of them have to win I would want Venus!!!

jj74
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I don't, but i don't mind if they don't play one againts the other, their final bore me to tears, specially the Roland Garros final, RG final was one of the worst i've ever seen

kabuki
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I don't, but i don't mind if they don't play one againts the other, their final bore me to tears, specially the Roland Garros final, RG final was one of the worst i've ever seen

Did you miss RG '04?

thelittlestelf
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:24 PM
I want an ALL WILLIAMS FINAL, please!

Some people need to be silenced, and this will surely silence them.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:37 PM
That's exactly what I want, it's been awhile since W03....I hope they can do it, with Venus as the victor...

lolo7
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:51 PM
:eek: You want to talk about boring did you see last years French open with Myskina against Dementiavia? Or what about the US open Russian finals. With Belgians out and the Williams sister still not 100% the less than exciting Russian revolution will continue. Its time for the Williams sisters to step up to the challenge and take their game to a different level. I think that when they were dominating they had it easier because not alot of players could handle the power and their atheletic abilties. Now these Russians can match their power and not intimidated. Now is the time to work on their game and show the world that they are truly the best.

serenafan08
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Sister Slam VII is in the making - Go Serena and Venus! It's time for them to shut up all the people doubting them! :bounce:

Mr. Man
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I would like to see Venus win as well.

blumaroo
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Serena maybe. Venus Not. I want Lindsay to win this first, or Elena D.

jj74
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:57 PM
:eek: You want to talk about boring did you see last years French open with Myskina against Dementiavia? Or what about the US open Russian finals. With Belgians out and the Williams sister still not 100% the less than exciting Russian revolution will continue. Its time for the Williams sisters to step up to the challenge and take their game to a different level. I think that when they were dominating they had it easier because not alot of players could handle the power and their atheletic abilties. Now these Russians can match their power and not intimidated. Now is the time to work on their game and show the world that they are truly the best.

Yes last year was an awful final, Capriati-Clisters was awful too, with emotion but a lot of mistakes. But you have to admit that the williams sisters final was terrible, Venus did a lot more faults than winners. I like Serena a lot more than Venus but i prefer her playing with someone different than her sister

Rocketta
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I do! :wavey:

harloo
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I'm not expecting a win, but it sure would be nice for sister fans. I would like to see Venus win because she hasn't won one in so long, but I would be just as happy if Serena won.

Go Sisters!! Fight and turn the tennis establishment upside down once again.:D

cometz9
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I would love to see Venus :hearts: win the AO

LindsayRocks89
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:19 PM
i really want Lindsay to win all the slams this year. . lol, but then i wish venus and serena could be back to them old selves and win everything to, if Lindsay doesn't win. . . then of course i'll always be rooting for Venus and Serena

Kabezya
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:30 PM
As much as I love Serena, I would love it if Venus won the Australian Open.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I like Serena more, but I would like Venus to win AO. She needs that confidence back, and winning the AO would definitely bring it back in a big way.

PaulieM
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:35 PM
come back please!! :) make '05 the year of the williams sisters return, not that i believe they have exactly gone anywhere.... the few times they have been able to play recently it hasn't been that bad...

Freewoman33
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Hopefully, they'll be on opposite sides of the draw.

i heart backhand
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I want Venus or Serena to win the Aus Open

Okay. Thanks for sharing. Since we're making wishes, I want unlimited wishes.

switz
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:19 PM
i should add that i have no particular desire for an all williams finals.

LucasArg
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:02 AM
Me too! :wavey: Go Vee and Rena! :wavey:

Almalyk
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:03 AM
I want Serena or anastasia!

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't mind Venus winning the Australian Open... but Serena is little too arrogant for my liking