PDA

View Full Version : How far will Venus go at the Aus Open 2005!

henree
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:07 AM
Since she is a top 8 seed, I predict her to make it to the qtrs. As much as I like Venus, I think it is damn near impossible for her to win another slam. Her 1st serve needs to undergo major reconstruction for it to be a weapon. And the forehand will need a professional touch to get it into shape. As long as Venus stays under her parents tutelage, her boring baseling game will continue to deteiorate. :sad:

Daniel
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:17 AM
She wont win the AO.

Huntress555
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:18 AM
Agreed, she wont win.

I'm not bold enough to predict where she'll get to though, just have to wait and see, i havent seen her play latley!

Shoulderpova
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:20 AM
and Serena won't too

MrSerenaWilliams
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:08 AM
I think that Venus should get through to the semis.

SERENA WILL WIN

spike83
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Dementieva will beat both williams sisters :)

tom2791
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:34 AM
I think quarter finals

Shoulderpova
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Dementieva will beat both williams sisters :)
:wavey:

MLF
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:00 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think Venus is going to win it, as long as she doesn't get injured.

Elldee
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Fourth round.

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:25 AM
QuarterFinalist.

I am not convinced she can beat someone in the top 4 which is likely to happen in the Quarters.

switz
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:26 AM
venus will win has long as she doesn't have to play patty or chanda.

Jakeev
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Granted Hong Kong was an exhibition, i think the long matches she has were probably good for her.

Hopefully, she used as a means to weed out all the moths of her game. I think the world knows, even her diehard fans, that many of the women don't necessarily fear her type of game anymore.

But she is still a very powerful player and frankly dangerous to be reckoned with. If she can somehow keep control of her errors or nerves and has the belief she is still better than most of the women out there, she could downright win the whole thing.

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I see somone like Davenport or Serena or Myskina to give her problems

gmak
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:33 AM
she could be a quarterfinalist

as long as she doesn't draw alicia,nadia or patty in the 4th round ;)

foul_dwimmerlaik
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Quarterfinal, tops.

matija-seles
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:12 PM
All the way to the title IF preapared, ready, injury-free and hungry for a win (as her fans are for a very long time!). GOOOOOOOO VEE!

P.S I would like both Linds and Vee to win. Maybe Linds a bit more 'cause she is older. Davy vs Vee final with Davy winning in 3 would be awsome.

TomTennis
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Dont hold your breath guys....i honestly think Venus can win!..and think she will....2005 is going to be a turn around year...you heard how happy and determind she sounded after beating a top 5 player (for the first time in a while....) so i am no way counting her out. I feel which ever seeds get Venus in their draw, WATCH OUT!..

Venus Williams = Australian Open Singles Champion 2005.

Volcana
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Her draw, her leg, consistency ....

She can beat everyone else in the draw except her sister, so she probably needs somebody to take out Serena for her. I'd like to see more knee-bend in the first serve too. She's not a slider, so Rebound Ace should be okay (she had made the final here).

She'll go as far as running into Serena.

Doraemon
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I saw exactly the same thread a few weeks ago and then I totally denied her chance of winning the title and this time, let me say something different. I will be more than happy to be banned from the board if she gets past the QFs. By the way, my predition, which is totally unrelated to my expulsion, goes like this: she has great and easy wins over nobodies in the first two three rounds and gets beat by a journey man in the fourth. May my wish come true!

tennnisfannn
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Venus has just as much chance as Lindsay, serena etc at the title. Lindsay and amelie in all their glory of last year still didn't make the YEC finals, or even slam finals for that matter. Myskina, maria and svetalana were the least expected to win the slams they did but they won them anyway, so who is to say Venus has zero chance?
Jakeeve, pls note it was venus type of game that won svetalana and maria their slams and made lindsay so dominant, so yes, she can still win.

thelittlestelf
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Venus can beat everyone in the draw.

She surely can win!

davidmario
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I think Venus will make it to the Semis. But if she is in the final, she will win it, I'm sure.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Venus can beat everyone in the draw.

She surely can win!
Well said. Venus will go as far as she wants, it's all up to her.:)

spike83
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:30 PM
she should get to the quarters, if she plays her best, semis, but no further

tennisIlove09
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:31 PM
If she's healthy, I always believe she'll win.
If she's injured, the first top player will take her down...so I hope her leg is ok

wateva
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:37 PM
venus always gets the worst draws. so i predict a strong 4th round opponent, losing in 3 tight sets... sorry vee... :(

Freewoman33
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Venus has just as much chance as Lindsay, serena etc at the title. Lindsay and amelie in all their glory of last year still didn't make the YEC finals, or even slam finals for that matter. Myskina, maria and svetalana were the least expected to win the slams they did but they won them anyway, so who is to say Venus has zero chance?
Jakeeve, pls note it was venus type of game that won svetalana and maria their slams and made lindsay so dominant, so yes, she can still win.

AMEN!!!!!

Lindsay Davenport was extremely hot last year, but how many GSs did she win?

jj74
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:03 PM
4th round

cartmancop
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I think that she can win it but she will need some help with the draw. I don't think she will beat Sharapova or Dementieva but I think this could be the year that Venus turns around her losing streak against Serena. @ least I hope so.

thelittlestelf
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:18 PM
As long as Venus stays under her parents tutelage, her boring baseling game will continue to deteiorate. :sad:
Boring?? Not nearly!

Even when she's playing badly, Venus is one of the most exciting players to watch on tour.

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I'd say Venus has the game to do it... same with Serena. It's whether she can find the consistency for 2 weeks, keep her concentration, and really want it. Sometimes she doesn't seem to play with the desperation she should be, though she gave a fair shot in the exhibition recently (coming back against Svetlana and Vera)

darrinbaker00
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:48 PM
VENUS WILL WIN!!

lizchris
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Venus will at least make the QF. Her dark horse in the Round of 16 was Elena Bovina, who withdrew on Friday, so I don't see anyone being a threat to her before the QF and that includes Sprem.

Couver
Jan 10th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I think with any major, the deciding factors are health, the draw, and a little bit of luck. I have not seen Venus play since USO 04 so I can't really tell how her game is doing. From the reports of her EXO in Hong Kong, the determination and fight seem to be back, but the errors and df will surly hurt her.

I think after a long injury it takes many players a while to actually fully heal. Venus has gotten little nagging injuries since her return. But like many said if she can be pain free I think she can have a great year. I mean look at Lindsay, she shelved retirment because she's finally playing pain free.

As to the question, I have no idea how far V will go, but I'm hoping for the best :)

blumaroo
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:02 PM
fourth round , QF AT MOST.

Lemonskin.
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Probably 4r or QF.

Havok
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Quarterfinals I think.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:10 PM
If she plays like she played against Sveta, she'll most likely make it to the QF or further.

timray
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Venus will at least make the QF. Her dark horse in the Round of 16 was Elena Bovina, who withdrew on Friday, so I don't see anyone being a threat to her before the QF and that includes Sprem.

If she will get a good draw then I predict her to make it to the Quarterfinals

Alicia Molik , Nicole Vaidisova, Jelena Jankovic , Tatiana Golovin, Nadia Petrova could be the new “dark horses” not only for her.