PDA

View Full Version : Predicting @ AO 05! Another RUSSIAN to win!

Buitenzorg
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Many people talk about who is going to triumph and win the Women Single Title at this year Australian Open (1st Grand Slam of the year)

With Henin-Hardenne and Clijsters (The finalist 04) absence and few more top players doubtful to play and compete, many speculation are going to bet or predict that one of the Russian players would probably take the title

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:50 AM
I would love to see Davenport win.

although Sharapova or Kuznetsova may win

Huntress555
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Well my predictions still are and always will be with Alicia Molik :)

But I wouldn't mind it if Sharapova won it....shes a great player!

Buitenzorg
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I am still think that Elena Dementieva is deserve to win this time after been on Finalist at 2 of 2004 GS (French and US Open)

But I think Myskina is the best shot at the moment

Buitenzorg
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:54 AM
But Go ALICIA MOLIK, anyhting is possible

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:05 AM
But Go ALICIA MOLIK, anyhting is possible

I would love Alicia to play but some players are ahead of her that she has never won a set off let alone beaten.

Thats my only concern of ALicias chances.

Someone like Davenport on a hardcourt may be a disaster

Prove me wrong alicia.

I want to be proven wrong

Huntress555
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:07 AM
I would love Alicia to play but some players are ahead of her that she has never won a set off let alone beaten.

Thats my only concern of ALicias chances.

Someone like Davenport on a hardcourt may be a disaster

Prove me wrong alicia.

I want to be proven wrong

Yeah but Alicia has never been in form like this either!
:D

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:17 AM
its gonna be a russian, anastasia myskina or elena d. or (as much as i dont want to say it) maria sharapova.

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Yeah but Alicia has never been in form like this either!
:D

thats right

Filderstadt was before Zurich.

I forgot.

She has improved out of sight since she beat Sharapova in the Zurich Final.

gary
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:20 AM
I think Nastya,Lena D,Masha have a chance :D

Shoulderpova
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Of course one of the russian girls is gonna win the Aussie Open this year.With improved serve Elena Dementieva has a great chance of being the first Russian woman to win Aussie Open.Go Lena D :bigclap: Go Russian Girls :banana:

Daniel
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Myskina :dance:

Vass22
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:37 AM
I want Lena D. to win. ... against Myskina in the final.

Duramont
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I would have love to see Amelie Mauresmo win Australian Open 2005 but certainly she is not fit enough! :sad:

Thus I want that Anastasia Myskina win her second Grand Slam as first Russian to achieve that! :bounce:

But: Elena Dementieva would deserve a Grand Slam title too. :D

Julia1968
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
I am still think that Elena Dementieva is deserve to win this time after been on Finalist at 2 of 2004 GS (French and US Open)

But I think Myskina is the best shot at the moment

Well, if Dementieva could get through the semi's without being on-court too long, she could have a shot. That is, if she gets to the semi's.

Sam L
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:48 AM
"Russian" is SO 2004. :yawn:

DEETHELICK
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:05 PM
May that Russian be Elena Dementieva :)

_LuCaS_
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Anastasia Myskina :yippee:

goldenlox
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:43 PM
If a Russian wins, then it's a Russian slam.
And this is only the beginning.

jimmyc
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Yes, Sharapova is the tournament favourite and is in good form!

drive-volley
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Although I would love to see Venus holding this year's title (she's my all-time #1), my pick is neither she, nor any of Russians. As for today I would choose Alicia Molik as AO 05 winner. Why? Because I can see her skills are growing bigger and bigger these days and she proved at Hopman Cup she's pretty self-confident tennis player. She could defeat Maria Sharapova at Zurich so she's defenitely able to win against any other top player, especially in her own country, where everybody will cheer her on. I remember that last year Alicia was very close to semis, let's hope this year will be better. I wish her all the best. Cmon Alicia!

Natasc
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Of the Russians I prefer Elena Dementieva
I think that now with the new server maybe Lena be more confident
before she always said that she had a terrible server but, now she know that she can server well and that will help her head (Sharapova and Vee know that)

Without lena I will prefer Anastasia Myskina
I like her, if she didn't choke she has a chance ;)

And Bepa of course!! :yeah:

barmaid
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Heading into the AO I'd say Elena has the best shot at it:hearts: ...afterall she's been a "bridesmaid" too often and why not share the wealth with the other Russian gals:worship: ...she's my pick at the moment....however the injury bug might just raise its ugly head again:rolleyes: so there is always the intangible:confused:

barmaid:wavey:

bluelion
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:27 PM
i think alicia molik has a very good chance to claim the title!!!

jj74
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Maybe a Sharapova-Myskina final, i prefer Amelie to win but i don't know, and Dementieva can be a strong contender if she control her nerves

Spunky83
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Davenport, Myskina, Molik, Dementieva...pretty sure it will be one of them;)

*Jool*
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Lindsay , Sharapova, Mauresmo and Myskina are my bets in this order

BTW, where are the Williams fans ???

Prizeidiot
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:29 AM
After falling just short twice, I think Elena deserves to win a slam. Anastasia, Svetlana, and Maria have already done so, so they don't need any more right now. Vera and Nadia probably haven't done well enough to suggest they could win a slam as yet... so yeah, Elena deserves one. (same rule applies to Clijsters: she deserves one)

Chunchun
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Good Luck LenaD :worship: