PDA

View Full Version : Rena's Situation...

RenaSlam.
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Anyone Know?

Jan 8th, 2005, 04:01 PM
While playing doubles vs. Vera/Elena she was certainly not serving at 100%.

harloo
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:04 PM
I feel that she might be the next to pull out.:sad: She's not prepared and still is having problems with the stomach strain.

Happy Guy
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:06 PM
She started hitting normal serves in the second set of her doubles againstSveta/ASV today...so she's not hampered, I think.

Julia1968
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Why are these women playing exhibitions when their status is questionable for upcoming Grand Slam tourneys???? No one can blame the WTA for THAT.

Sally Struthers
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Why are these women playing exhibitions when their status is questionable for upcoming Grand Slam tourneys???? No one can blame the WTA for THAT.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A girl's got to get herself a little money to buy some new shoes :o

Useless
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:50 PM
who is rena? is that serena you mean

azinna
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:42 PM

I think they're testing their bodies and trying to get/stay match-fit. Any player who's hoping to arrive as a contender has to come fully prepared, tested, worked out. The last person to ever play her way into a Slam win was Venus (Wimbey 2001). No one can do that now. And you can certainly blame the WTA for ending the season in November and having a Slam tournament in January. It makes December and early January a joke vacation-wise.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I think they're testing their bodies and trying to get/stay match-fit. Any player who's hoping to arrive as a contender has to come fully prepared, tested, worked out. The last person to ever play her way into a Slam win was Venus (Wimbey 2001). No one can do that now. And you can certainly blame the WTA for ending the season in November and having a Slam tournament in January. It makes December and early January a joke vacation-wise.

Yeah...it's good for us fans that the tennis season is so long, but horrible for the players who don't get enough time to rest, THEN go back into training. Not end the season and go straight back into training.