PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the ridiculous Medibank draw??

Chriskip
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:10 PM
All 5 Lucky Losers/Qualifiers will be at the bottom half of the draw. Some may say having all 3 Wild Cards at the top balances it out but I dont think so. The WC are Stosur, who was just a finalist on the Gold Coast, Martinez, who seems to do well at the beginning of the year, and little known Aussie, Sophie Ferguson (she I dont know). I suppose we have to hope the likes of Washington, Ruano Pascual, Chladkova etc get the Q/LL spots or else it will only be lowly ranked players in Myskina's half. They took so long to release the draw (dont even know if its yet on their website) that I think they could have done some proper rearranging after Justine had to withdraw.

glamorama
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:12 PM
or else it will only be lowly ranked players in Myskina's half.

Like Zvonareva, Petrova, Molik, Hantuchova, Jankovic and Schiavone :retard:

switz
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:31 PM
it looks worse than it. pennetta will be a lucky loser and on her day she is as strong as many in the main draw. it's unfortunate but when things happen at the last minute it often becomes difficult.

switz
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:32 PM
if they spread them evenly people would accuse them of rigging the draw

anthonyqld
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:41 PM
and little known Aussie, Sophie Ferguson

She's crap. All the Qualifiers will be better than her

Chunchun
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:49 PM
i dun think it's ridiculous at all :retard:

Experimentee
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Dont underestimate qualifiers, they are good, often better than main draw players as they've already had match practice. The Sydney Q draw is very strong too and there are many good players there. They are better than WCs.

crazillo
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:13 PM
She's crap. All the Qualifiers will be better than her

Maybe Maggie can turn around her 0-6 0-6 last year into a 6-0 6-0 this year.

blumaroo
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:26 PM
where is the draw on the site? I can't find it. They only list the players who are playing

Darop.
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:27 PM
it looks worse than it. pennetta will be a lucky loser and on her day she is as strong as many in the main draw. it's unfortunate but when things happen at the last minute it often becomes difficult.
I dont think Pennetta can get a LL, she lost in 1st round quallies...

mboyle
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Davenport owns everyone at the tournament anyway (Myskina's lucky two wins indoors last year put aside.) I actually like the fact that she gets to beat up on higher-ranked players. Getting more quality points means no Mauresmo at no. 1 unless she does something significant.

spike83
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:37 PM
prospect Semis:
Davenport - Dementieva
Myskina - Molik

Prizeidiot
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:12 AM
It looks alright to me... there may be some imbalance, but nothing huge. It's a pretty high cut off for this tournament, so the qualifiers won't be bad players.

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Myskina may have a easy quarter. but they may work against her as she suddenly has players of the calibre of Molik to play come the Semifinals.

and Molik actually beat her 2-1 in 2004.

Lemonskin.
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Myskina may have a easy quarter. but they may work against her as she suddenly has players of the calibre of Molik to play come the Semifinals.

and Molik actually beat her 2-1 in 2004.
Too right! Good ol' Alicia :D

Fed Cup week 1: Molik def Myskina 6-3 6-3
French Open R128: Myskina def Molik 4-6 6-3 6-4
Olympics Bronze playoff: Molik def Myskina 6-4 6-3

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Interestingly Myskina helped with the draw :p

Huntress555
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Interestingly Myskina helped with the draw :p

:lol: I bet she wishes she could do that over...

gmak
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:38 AM
nadia in the quarters could be a tough match for nastya ;)

and shuai peng is no pushover either...

lolas
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:13 PM
It's a shame that Conchita and Eleni will meet eachother in the first round :(