Serena's - 41,xxx USD = 3xx,xxx HKD<not sure :confused: >
Others - less than 100,000 HKD

Anyway, it is for charity<Tsunami aid> :worship: :worship: :worship:

not too many people could wear Serena's outfits :D

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Venus's - 51,xxx USD = 400,000 HKD
Nice to hear that, thank you!

From what I saw on and off court last year in Hong Kong, Venus is popular there.

Happy Guy
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Nice to hear that, thank you!

From what I saw on and off court last year in Hong Kong, Venus is popular there.
Yes, the most popular ones are venus, serena and maria.

We show great respect for Arantxa, and we appreciate the great play of Sveta and the hard work of Elena.

ginger_fish668
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Personally I applaud Vera's Sporting spirit alot as well... :clap2: This tournament would not have been possible without her participation. :)

Back to the auction, I got to say that the amount of money raised was a astonishing. But it's all for a good cause.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Yes, the most popular ones are venus, serena and maria.

Masha was already very popular in Hong Kong last year, but Ferrero was even more popular than Masha and Federer.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Back to the auction, I got to say that the amount of money raised was a astonishing. But it's all for a good cause.
I also read in the newspapers about very generous donations by Hong Kong richest (who's also Asia's richest man) businessman and well known Hong Kong movie stars and singers.

ginger_fish668
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I also read in the newspapers about very generous donations by Hong Kong richest (who's also Asia's richest man) businessman and well known Hong Kong movie stars and singers.

Yes, that is true. Hong Kong has one of the highest if not the highest donation per citizen percentage in the world. It's all good, just doing our part for the world.... :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Yes, that is true. Hong Kong has one of the highest if not the highest donation per citizen percentage in the world. It's all good, just doing our part for the world.... :)
That's really nice of your people!

ginger_fish668
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I'm a part of that! hehe...just trying to help the less fortunate. :)

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:03 PM
I'm a part of that! hehe...just trying to help the less fortunate.
I'll make a donation to the Thai Embassy next week (haven't got time to do so last week).

ginger_fish668
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I'll make a donation to the Thai Embassy next week (haven't got time to do so last week).

Good on you! :) Every dollar counts.

jcman
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Masha was already very popular in Hong Kong last year, but Ferrero was even more popular than Masha and Federer.
Yes, I must agree with u. Ferrero is very popular in HK ( among tennis fans )

Btw, K-LinaŠpremFan, where do u live?

jimmyc
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Where did you hear this news from?

ginger_fish668
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:12 PM
What news? That the players auctioned their racquets? It happened in Hong Kong.

jimmyc
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:14 PM
What news? That the players auctioned their racquets? It happened in Hong Kong.

yes, where did u hear this?

Happy Guy
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I was at the court. It took place right before the Singles Final.

ginger_fish668
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I heard it as well as saw it. ;) Still good on everyone; the players, bidders, donors and organisers. I actually drank a lot of watson's water this week just cos it was for the tsunami victims. :)

jimmyc
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Nice one! :D

What did Maria manage to sell to get 520,000 HKD???

Just a racket and outfit? anything else?

do you have any pictures of this?

ginger_fish668
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Just an autographed racket and outfit. The man who won the bidding is the director of watsons water or something like that. Sorry, don't have pics....check maria's forum later, I'm sure someone'll post them!

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Just an autographed racket and outfit. The man who won the bidding is the director of watsons water or something like that. Sorry, don't have pics....check maria's forum later, I'm sure someone'll post them!
Can you please tell me who won the bidding for Venus' and Serena's racket and outfit?

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Good on you! Every dollar counts.
I won't be donating to the Thai Embassy because yesterday the Thai Prime Minister refused to accept a US$20 million-donation from the Japanese Foreign Minister. He said Thailand is OK, and those developed countries like Germany, should donate to other affected countries instead.

So now I'll send a donation to the foundation for Thai King's grandson instead - his grandson was killed by the Tsunami.

ginger_fish668
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Can you please tell me who won the bidding for Venus' and Serena's racket and outfit?

Dunno...some random dude. I could see the man who won stuff from Venus, but not the one for serena. :)

Prizeidiot
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Wow, thats good stuff. $66000 is.... unbelieveable. Well, it is for a good cause....

jan.
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Haha I was going to bid when it was still low, bah i took a picture of the person who won venus's racquet

VeraNuVirgosFan
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Dunno...some random dude. I could see the man who won stuff from Venus, but not the one for serena.
Thank you!