PDA

View Full Version : Venus needs to withdraw AO

locawilliams
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Her match with Eelena she was'nt moving well. She needs to withdraw AO and rest. Because she will end up whip by a Russian

davidmario
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Venus match AO will be in 10 days. That's time enough to recover. Serena should rest!

KingA
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Venus is a fighter!!! I am sure she will be there....
And we need her to be there!!!

Recover quickly, Venus!!! Cya in AO!!! ;)

Jericho
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:38 AM
maybe she was tired from her other 2 three set matches who knows

Paneru
I agree!

Venus is a fighter and I'm sure
will heal quickly for the OZ Open! :cool:

She was wise not to force it today and make
the matter worse.

Paneru
maybe she was tired from her other 2 three matches who knows

She was tired and uncomfortable with her leg.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:49 AM
:rolleyes:

She played three matches in a few days and lost one...and now she should withdraw from a grand slam that is ten days away? :retard:

Paneru
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:50 AM
:rolleyes:

She played three matches in a few days and lost one...and now she should withdraw from the

Tell me about it! :retard:

pigam
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:53 AM
NO SHE SHOULDN'T!!!!!!!!! :fiery:
It's bad enough as it is already
She should play and win the whole damn thing!!!
I'm sure she was saving herself for the AO :p

Come on Venus. Win it. Win it now!!

Dementinator
Jan 8th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Capt Dementinator here!!
Why does Venus need to withdraw?? is losing to Lena so Embarrassing?? Lena has been on fine form this week and with improved serve shes gonna be tough for anyone to beat just ask Masha who despite her comments was playing damn good ,i saw the video!
So Vee does not need to withdraw she showed good promise this week beating Kuz in a tough match and gettig into the final ,IMO Lena is a much better player than Kuz and moves superbly so Vee was always gonna have a tough match today!
So ALthough I am not a out and out Williams fan ,I really feel the AO needs them both, even if they mike life difficult for my girl out there we need them they have brought the game to a whole new level and without them i feel players like Lena would not have worked so hard to get into great shape and fitness!
SO Come on VEE!! losing to Lena the world number 6 is no Disgrace ,you did well this week ,get ya ass over to Melbourne ,The SS Dementieva is waiting!!

jenny4
Jan 8th, 2005, 08:23 AM
no her leg is nly saw venus will be at open and she is playing the doubles finail with seren in a few mintues

lizchris
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Look, I was hoping Venus would win today, but I felt in the back of my mind she might lose after playing two long three set matches. If she was playing cautiously to save herself for the AO, then she played it smart, unlike last year when she was carrying around an ankle injury and instead of withdrawing, played, won and lost in the third round of the AO. With Justine's withdrawl today, Venus is guaranteed a top eight seed and will be on the opposite side of the draw as her sister (unless someone else withdraws who is ranked higher than both of them), so there is little chance of her withdrawing. Plusl depending of what side of the draw she is on, she may not play until Tursday, so her leg will not be sore then.

DEETHELICK
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Venus will be cool. :) I am sure of it. Soreness always occurs early in the season, you just gotta look after yourself.

And if Venus was so bad, she wouldn't have played a proper doubles match (rather than a 1set). She is gona be fine.

Elena is not some random opponent. She usually causes Venus trouble. And right now, Elena is hitting the ball better and with more confidence. But Venus will learn from this I am sure :)

Good luck to both ladies at the AO :D

WF4EVER
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:57 AM
It's never too early in the New Year for a dumb post. Happy New Year.

Vincent
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Ermmm...Venus/Serena swept past Svetlana/ASV 30 minutes later after her match against Elena. :)

tenn_ace
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Her match with Eelena she was'nt moving well. She needs to withdraw AO and rest. Because she will end up whip by a Russian

why not quit tennis altogether? or commit a suicide?

dramaqueen....:rolleyes:

smarties
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:00 PM

:lol:

volta
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:26 PM
NO SHE SHOULDN'T!!!!!!!!! :fiery:
It's bad enough as it is already
She should play and win the whole damn thing!!!
I'm sure she was saving herself for the AO :p

Come on Venus. Win it. Win it now!!
AMEN :worship:

faboozadoo15
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:00 PM
ummm, no she shouldn't. this is one of the most encouraging tournaments she has played in almost a year. she beat a top 10 player and vera and had great fights in both matches. for venus, i'm thrilled. i knew she wasn't going to beat dementieva with how well she's been playing. but that doesn't mean she can't play ball with the kuznetsova's and zvonareva's of the world. and think of it this way, she may have been a little tired in her match against elena. it could have been more competitive. elena is really the real deal this year. the aus open is 10 days away, and i really don't see venus being aggravated to the point of withdrawal... and nor should she.

thelittlestelf
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Why would she ever do that?!

Volcana
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Her match with Eelena she was'nt moving well. She needs to withdraw AO and rest. Because she will end up whip by a RussianSo? That's reason to withdraw? A quarter of the seeds will be Russians. The odds of being beaten by a Russian are pretty good unless you don't lose at all.

cool bird
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Never take a expo toureny to judge some ones form for a major. Elena D could go out frist round agin and sharapova could go on to win the Aussie open. You can just never tell how much effort the players are putting in at them.

harloo
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
I would rather Venus play at 100% than to see her struggle. It's unfortunate that she had the leg injury today, but if she chooses to play the AO I hope all is well.

Shawn
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM
hey guys,
I don't think anyone should make such a big deal out of this loss and how poorly Venus was moving. If she had won, I'm sure this thread would not have been created, so just let it go. She is a professional and she knows what she is doing.

serenafan08
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:49 PM

:lol: Well, I wouldn't go that far, but I do agree with everyone else by saying that Venus should not withdraw from the Aussie. Give her a chance, why don't ya!? Elena is playing beautiful tennis, and I think that the better player won the match. Now, if Venus can pull herself together and regain the form that won her four Slams, then I think that she'll be one of the best again. But right now, everyone is playing just a little bit better than she is. Her fighting spirit is what wins her matches these days, and hopefully she can get better technically as a player and start dominating with lil sis again. I think she should give it all she's got @ the Aussie and shut up all the people doubting her.

tennischick
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Venus needs to show up and give it her best.

Knizzle
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:43 PM
She should be able to get over soreness in 10 days. It affected her in this match, but she still could have won if she cut the errors down and took her chances to break. And to all of those who say it's no shame to lose to Elena, much less 6-3, 6-2, I assure you losing like that to Dementieva or anyone for that matter doesn't sit well with Venus. You know her history.

TennisTutor
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Why withdraw from any event unless you really can't play. If she looses, she looses. She is not half the player she use to be anyway.

Geisha
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:32 PM
It's not an injury!

She was tired, as she played 3 singles matches (two long three-setters) and 3 doubles sets in like, 3 days...Not to mention playing Masha a couple of days ago.

AkademiQ
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Venus does not have to withdraw at all. She can play and she should play doubles with Serena on top of it. Losing to Elena in an exhibition after playing great tennis against great players is nothing for Venus to be ashamed about.

Julia1968
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:49 PM
It's not an injury!

She was tired, as she played 3 singles matches (two long three-setters) and 3 doubles sets in like, 3 days...Not to mention playing Masha a couple of days ago.

So, if Venus becomes injured, its her fault, not the WTA's. The WTA didn't force her to play exhibition matches. And I say that for all the WTA players, not just Venus.

faboozadoo15
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:02 PM
And to all of those who say it's no shame to lose to Elena, much less 6-3, 6-2, I assure you losing like that to Dementieva or anyone for that matter doesn't sit well with Venus. You know her history.
i realize it might not "sit well with her", but these types of lossesdon't sit well with a lot of other players too.

do other players have less pride?

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Venus will be fine. Can't wait to see her in action.