PDA

View Full Version : SLOVAKIA wins Hopman Cup!!!

beauty_is_pink
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Daniela def. Gisela: 1-6, 6-4, 6-4
Dominik def. Coria: 6-4,6-1

:worship: :worship: :worship:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:46 AM
:woohoo: :bounce: :D :D :D Can't wait to see the pics.

Yonge
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Awesome Daniella and Dominik! :yeah: :bounce:

Jeleno Benesovo
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:51 AM
yeahhhhh :banana: Slovakia!! :bounce:

Harju.
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:52 AM
Allez Slovakia :woohoo:

beauty_is_pink
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:55 AM
:woohoo:
I am not Slovak, but DAMN I AM PROUD!!! :D :D :D

mamno_MARYFAN
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Hehehehehe....I'm loving this.... :sport:

Well done Daniela and Dominik...u guys really ROCK!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

I'm so glad that Daniela finally won something and got her groove back again...THIS IS MORE LIKE IT!!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Good luck Daniela for DOWN UNDER!!!!!! :bounce:

Go Daniela!!!!!!! :bounce:

Hachiko
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:00 AM
S-L-O-V-A-K

http://smileys.******************/cat/13/13_1_213.gif

Daniela just finished her victory speech!

beauty_is_pink
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:02 AM
did anyone tape this?! :sad:

shnit.
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:04 AM
YIHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
:bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship: :banana: :banana:

KingA
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Dominik is absolutely on fire today..... He hits winners corner by corner, side by side!!! He only allows Coria to hit one winner for the whole match!!! He is absolutely the dominator of the match!!!

Daniela gets her job done at the end!! She gets so nervous at the beginning of the match, but keeps her nerves down and hangs in there at the end..... A huge relief on her face after she wins the match!! And a long time no see bright smile on her face after Dominik wins his singles match when they wins the Hopman Cup title!!!

Congrats, Slovakia Republic!!!! They really earn the win this year & deserve it 100%!!! :yeah:

KingA
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:18 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050108/capt.per10101080507.australia_hopman_cup_tennis_pe r101.jpg

dansnewbeg
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:20 AM
Congrats Slovakia... it does my heart good that Daniela has something to smile about. And Dominik is awesome too.

Lemonskin.
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Dominik was outstanding today.

Dani got off to a slow start and didn't play her best but certainly showed flashes of brilliance. I was impressed how well she can hot off forehand and backhand.

tennnisfannn
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Looks like coria was nursing an injury, not to take anything away from Hrbarty, he played brilliant, no wonder he was one of the very few to beat federer last year. Argetina just withdrew from the mixed doubles.

TFan1156
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Looks like coria was nursing an injury, not to take anything away from Hrbarty, he played brilliant, no wonder he was one of the very few to beat federer last year. Argetina just withdrew from the mixed doubles.

The mixed doubles is on now, Dulko`s brother is playing.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:52 AM
:aparty:

beauty_is_pink
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:53 AM
YO GUYS!!!

MIXED IS ON!!!!!!!!

The Hopman Cup scoreboard says that each has 2 games and Dulko/Coria are serving now :)

beauty_is_pink
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Alejandro Dulko has replaced Coria, my bad :)

Rohin.
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:59 AM
seriouse they said it wasn't going to go ahead :confused:

ohh and dont worry Maria i taped the presentation for you :)

beauty_is_pink
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:01 AM
ohh and dont worry Maria i taped the presentation for you :) again Rohin, YOU ROCK!!! :hug:
IOU!

btw, from the Official site (Hopman Cup)
Due to slight injury, Guillermo Coria has been replaced by Alejandro Dulko for the mixed doubles Pro Set (first to 8 games) they're only playing up to 8 games :)

Purple_Llama
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Congrats Slovakia! Gracious winners indeed :D

beauty_is_pink
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Mixed doubles was played.
Alejandro Dulko replaced Coria, and it was first ones to 8 games win.

Slovakia won 8-4 :)

congrats Slovak!
and creds to the Argentine :D

Lemonskin.
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:18 AM
I posted this in the CP also

Congrats to Dani.

I dunno if anyone heard the Australian commentary but Fred Stolle (Aussie tennis legend) was commenting on how 2005 could be a big year for Dani.

Fred was one of the people who was helping Elena Dementieva with her serve late last year and he made some interesting comments about how Dani could really use her physical height to transform her serve into a major weapon. He said that because the height is already there, all she would need to do is get more shoulder rotation, and snap the wrist on contact a little, and he said that she could have a serve not dissimilar to Molik's.

Fred made similar comments about Elena earlier in the year about how she could improve her serve, and then a few months later he offered to give her coaching on the serve. Maybe he will do the same for Dani. He loves to help people improve their game.

pla
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:20 AM
With a day started so badly (Justine and Jen injuries) I am happy there is at least one good news. Good work Daniela! I am happy she seems finally happy on the court and wins against top players!

Great work team Slovakia! :worship:

cheo23
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Congratulations SLOVAKIA FOR WINNIN THE HOPMAN CUP!!!!!!!!!
& yeah its so beautiful to SEE DANiela smilin AGAin
she REALLY DESERVES This after all the hard work &
Alot of DETERMINATION
U GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE Proud of U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good LUck IN the AUstralian Open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

RatedR Superstar
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:53 AM
the DH combination - well done :worship:

Mathijs
Jan 8th, 2005, 08:44 AM
well done Slovakia :worship: :worship: :worship: :woohoo: :bounce:

(•_•)
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:11 AM
:aparty: :bigclap: :bounce: :woohoo:

mandy7
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:59 AM
woo-fucking-hoo!!!! :woohoo:

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Daniela def. Gisela: 1-6, 6-4, 6-4
Dominik def. Coria: 6-4,6-1

:worship: :worship: :worship:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

oh my!! i thought the score would be the other way round, daniela winning in 2 sets, hrbaty winning in 3.

did they play the mix doubles??

tom2791
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Go Slovakia!

Daniel
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:42 AM
congrats :D :D

DevilishAttitude
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Slovakia :)

Well Done Dominik for beating Coria :D :woohoo: not that's it's too hard on anything but clay though ;)

Not too impressive score by Daniela but all that matters was the win :)

GrahamD
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I'm so pleased for Daniela. It's been a great start to the year. Congrats to Dominic too :worship:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/sofia_3388/AP699946_guest.jpg

daniela86
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:27 AM
oh my goooood, i'm not slovakian but as maria said, i very very happy for them, i feel proud !!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :worship: ;)
congrats, congrats, congrats to dani and domink!!! I am glad to see my dani happy :yeah: i hope she'll have an awesome 2005 season. :bounce: :bounce: :kiss:

Natasc
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Well guys, I was seeing the match here again
Dani didn't play well :rolleyes:
Dulko was great in 1º SET but then she fall over I don't know how and like the commentator said: "Hantuchova won without play well. She cause she's a fighter, she fight for every point"
But Dom :eek: He was amazing!!
Poor Coria, he tried but was to Great
Dom said that when he playe for his country he can play his best tennis ;)

Experimentee
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Amazing effort from both players! Dani because she wasnt playing her best, and probably playing her worst, yet she still won, and Dominik because he played awesome! He never gave Coria a chance and secured the tie in blistering style.

It really meant a lot to them and you could see they were so happy. I love how Dominik invited all the fans down to take a picture with them after the ceremony, he has always shown a lot of appreciation for his fans.

Experimentee
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I am not Slovakian either but I cracked open a bottle of white to celebrate the victory :lol:

LindsayRulez
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:35 PM
did anyone tape this?! :sad:
yes I did, Daniela was sooooo happy

the cat
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Congrats to Dani and Slovakia in winning the 2005 Hopmans Cup. :D I hope this is a portend of things to come for Dani this year. :)

Circe
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:39 PM
oooh i'm glad.

firefly_ac
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:51 PM
what can i say!! i'm sure all Dani's fans would be v.happy!!

TonyP
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Congrats to the Slovakians, and I was pulling for Argentina, so this is heart felt. Her match againwt Gesela was the best she has played in awhile, and Dulko was great, in the first set.

Props to her, too. She played a good match, but blew a couple of shots down the stretch. But she will have her day, she has the makings of a terriffic player.

And FYI, I have always been a Fred Stolle fan. I think he is a wonderful commentator and probably would be a terriffic coach!

Scotso
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Congrats Slovakia :)

(too bad it wasn't my Karol ;))

raquel
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Well done Dani and Dominik :bounce:

So great to see Daniela play well this week especially against Dulko. After losing the first set 6-1 she would have faded at times last year, but she fought really well today and looks in great shape again. It's great to see her so positive :) Good luck this year Dani - I think it could be a really good one :D

mandy7
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:01 PM
I'm so pleased for Daniela. It's been a great start to the year. Congrats to Dominic too :worship:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/sofia_3388/AP699946_guest.jpg
she should carry around trophies more often
looks briliant :lol:

:worship:

SzavayFi
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:33 PM
I have been at a tennis tournemant (still am) So I am late to say.....WOO HOO!!!!! way to go Daniela and Dominik, what a greeat start I am so excited!

bis2806
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Personally, I don't think slovakia deserves this win... it should've been germany in the final instead of slovakia

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Finally some good news for Dani!!

*Wondering how Germany could have been in the final instead of Slovakia when Germany was in the other group with Russia, Italy and Argentina. :scratch: *

10nisfanofruz
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Dominic&Daniela played great. They laughed and had a great time playing double. Dulko 's so adorable. She smiled a lot and screamed when she missed.<BTW, she played with her brother because Coria 's injured.>
I had a good time watching the match. They were smiling, so was I.
P.s. Masha should occastionally smile on the court because she will be more lovely to watch. She is so tense despite playing exhibition match. :(

SzavayFi
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:01 AM
Personally, I don't think slovakia deserves this win... it should've been germany in the final instead of slovakia
LOL, Well dont you mean instead of Argentina, it was Argentina and Germany that were in the same group ;)

Hant Hant
Jan 9th, 2005, 02:04 AM
OMG YAY Hant and Dominik!!! I love the DH's!! Hant def Gisela without playing well? It's good that Hant can still win even without playing well because Gisela is a very high quality player that I respect when she's on the court.

I love how one time Dominik grabbed a towel marked "DH" and then Daniela said it was her towel and Dominik said "I thought DH stands for my initials" and then Daniela says "my initials are DH too" How funny is that?

mandy7
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Personally, I don't think slovakia deserves this win... it should've been germany in the final instead of slovakiathey weren't even in the same group
so that's :bs:

foreva lindsay
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:32 PM
well done dani :D

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:55 PM
:d