PDA

View Full Version : Alexandria Wozniak! New Canadian Talent!

Capriati/RafterFan
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Finally a Canadian girl who is showing the world that she can play.:) With wins in a Kentucky Junior event in the Fall and a recent win at the Casablanca Cup in Mexico she is well on her way. With both of her victories in doubles and singles at the Casablanca Cup Canada's Sport's Network (TSN) reports that Wozniak will jump 12 spots to No. 4 in the world on the upcoming junior ITF rankings.:worship:

If I am not mistaken I think Wozniak is in the final of the Coffee Bowl!! I must say I am extremely impressed with her play.

However with most elite junior players having moved to senior ranks (Vaidisova, Peer, Krajick, Karatancheva) I hope she can up her performances at Junior Grand SLams. I wonder when Alex will start playing senior events (summer maybe?)

Anyways, I thought i would point her results out to Non-Canadians to show that we do have some up and comers in women's tennis. Wozniak is certainly at the top of these up and comers along with Stephanie Dubois, SHaron Fichman and Melanie Gloria.:D :D

crazillo
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:54 AM
I saw her against Asagoe and she showed some good points there, but was still too weak.
Hope she will do well in the future.

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:59 AM
:bounce:

FLL
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:40 AM
I saw her against Asagoe and she showed some good points there, but was still too weak.
Hope she will do well in the future.
I saw that match too and she didn't play at like 40% of her full potential! She even said it after the match. She was nervous and she didn't feel very good on court.

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:12 AM
I was there too...And indeed it wasn''t her best! The only thing scaring me with Aleks is the fact that she is very very injury prone even at her young age!

¤CharlDa¤
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Capriati/Rafterfan, i like the fact you created such a thread.....But i think saying Aleks has a notch over stpeh is wrong for me! Steph's result the past summer and fall were really more impressive and were done on the pro circuit! Without putting down Aleks' results, in her titles, she had no huge wins against great juniors, hi9le steph reached a 75k and a 50k final!!!

Capriati/RafterFan
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:24 AM
fair enough cdpoulin! I agree Steph Dubois has had the better results on the pro circuit however Wozniak has played less pro circuit events and is in the spotlight at the moment with her performances in the juniors. 2005 will be a telling year to see which player has more potential as i htink both will gain WC's in any of the Canadian events:)