PDA

View Full Version : Top Spin PC Problem

Grachka
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Sorry if this has been solved already. I have recently bought Top Spin on PC, but after installation its stopping me playing, citing that i need "Vertex or Pixel Shaders" to run.

I have no idea what either of these are, so can a computer-minded individual tell me what i can do?

Knizzle
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Sorry if this has been solved already. I have recently bought Top Spin on PC, but after installation its stopping me playing, citing that i need "Vertex or Pixel Shaders" to run.

I have no idea what either of these are, so can a computer-minded individual tell me what i can do?
Your video card needs to have that feature on it to run. If your card doesn't have it then try to disable the Vertex and Pixel shading and play without it. If that doesn't work then you will need to get another video card to play it.

Grachka
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Your video card needs to have that feature on it to run. If your card doesn't have it then try to disable the Vertex and Pixel shading and play without it. If that doesn't work then you will need to get another video card to play it.

Thanks! But how do i try and disable?

S-T-E-V-E
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Had the same problems and had to buy a new video card :sad:

micah
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:21 PM
LOL, you should buy an Xbox, it'll save you all of those problems. And you can play online! :D

Knizzle
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks! But how do i try and disable?
There should be video options within the options of the Topspin game.

Dementinator
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Capt Dementinator heree from the bridge of SS dementieva..

Yes that is a problem with top spin on pc it needs at least a geeforce 3 to run and i dont think u can disable the pixel shaders either unfortunatlely its a new graphics card needed ,there are some good buys around such as a Geeforce 5700 or such which is reasonably priced

If anyone needs advice please PM me as i own a pc store and advice is always free Especially to WTA fans!! and Super Especially to Lena D Fans!!!hehe we aboard SS Dementieva like to help if possible

~Cherry*Blossom~
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:25 AM
But you have to open up your computer to change the memory card and it's just long. Which is why I convinced my parents to buy my brother and Xbox for Xmas :devil: and I bought him (but really for me) Topspin :angel: