PDA

View Full Version : Q's for U: Generation Y

Tennis Fool
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Okay, all I hear about now is the economy's favorite new target group, Generation Y, or those born after 1980 and the children of the Baby Boomers.

It's said you are the most studied group in history, mainly because you are as large as the Boomers in size and are the one's who are now defining the consumer culture (in other words, you're making the old guys rich).

This is what is said of you. Do you agree or disagree?

1. You spend more time on the Internet than watching TV.
2. Your parents are your best friends.
3. You don't like dissidents. You are very much more about the group than the individual.
4. IPods are your other best-friends.
5. Your musical taste is "hip-hop pop" with stars as Brittany, Jessica and Avril your role models.

Anything to add or delete from this list?

Tennis Fool
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:42 PM
So I guess no one here was born after 1980? :p

Havok
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:44 PM
1) 50/50
2) No
3) Meh, depends really.
4) I don't own one
5) No

Avid Merrion
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:45 PM
:lol: i was born in 1980, will i do? :p

1. i do both at the same time :angel:
2. mum yes, dad no
3. disagree
4. no
5. definite no! :lol:

chapel
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:52 PM
1. yeah
2. close but not tight
3. nope
4. not a techy
5. oh, hell no!

XaDavK_Kapri
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:54 PM
1. Probably, yeah
2. Not really no
3. NOT AT ALL!
4. I don't have one, but I'm not interested in buying one, so I guess that means no
5. NO NO AND NO!!! GOD NO! :lol:

Crazy Canuck
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:01 PM
This is what is said of you. Do you agree or disagree?

3. You don't like dissidents. You are very much more about the group than the individual.
5. Your musical taste is "hip-hop pop" with stars as Brittany, Jessica and Avril your role models.

1. Agree
2. Disagree
3. Disagree
4. Disagree
5. Disagree

But I'm old for my age, so what do I know?

GBFH
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:06 PM
1. agree
2. agree - unfortunately
3. disagree
4. disagree
5. disagree

SilK
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:19 PM
True
50/50, I Am On A Good Foot With Then NOW.
NOT IN MY CASE!!! :eek:
True
5. Your musical taste is "hip-hop pop" with stars as Brittany, Jessica and Avril
HELL NO!

SilK
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:23 PM

Well, to keep the sport in this as well. I think we're the generation of the body art as well. As for more nudity in everyday life. Same goes for Idolizing sport stars... I mean, all this was already there, but this generation took it to another level for sure!

Rtael
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:26 PM
1. You spend more time on the Internet than watching TV. Agree
2. Your parents are your best friends. Disagree
3. You don't like dissidents. You are very much more about the group than the individual. Disagree
4. IPods are your other best-friends. Agree
5. Your musical taste is "hip-hop pop" with stars as Brittany, Jessica and Avril your role models Disagree

CC
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:39 PM
1. agree
2. agree - unfortunately
3. disagree
4. disagree
5. disagreeHaha! Point and laugh. :tape:

I'm sorry, just feeling a little immature at the moment. :kiss:

Harju.
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:43 PM
1. No
2. NEVER
3. No.I'm selfish brat.
4. Uh huh. Accompanies when I'm walking home alone.
5. No.

geegables
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:46 PM
1. Yes
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Hell No

Tennis Fool
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Hah! This has been fun reading the posts. Regarding the pop stars, someone must like them, are they would be selling million$ of records.

GBFH
Jan 10th, 2005, 01:35 AM
Haha! Point and laugh. :tape:

I'm sorry, just feeling a little immature at the moment. :kiss:
you should've left off the second line. would've been funnier :lol:

i don't have friends...not because i don't want them...but because i'm quite unlikeable ;)

CC
Jan 10th, 2005, 03:12 AM
you should've left off the second line. would've been funnier :lol:

i don't have friends...not because i don't want them...but because i'm quite unlikeable ;)
Yah, I know but I don't like being mean. :p

Why are you unlikeable? Do you have fangs? I don't have friends either, but it's not because I am unlikeable (people seem to be drawn to me for some strange reason), it is because I am antisocial and I find it annoying that they want to converse with me all the time.

GBFH
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Yah, I know but I don't like being mean. :p

Why are you unlikeable? Do you have fangs? I don't have friends either, but it's not because I am unlikeable (people seem to be drawn to me for some strange reason), it is because I am antisocial and I find it annoying that they want to converse with me all the time.
well thanks ;)

oh yes. fangs. bad breath. thick brown fur covers all of my body. it's scary.

i'm unlikeable (aside from the previously mentioned reasons) because of my astounding shortage of tact, sensitivity, and empathy for others. i'm also quite antisocial...but not because i don't want to talk to people...but because they don't want to talk to me :)

Princess Sarah.
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:03 AM
1. You spend more time on the Internet than watching TV.- Yes
2. Your parents are your best friends.- Hell No
3. You don't like dissidents. You are very much more about the group than the individual.- No
4. IPods are your other best-friends.-Yes
5. Your musical taste is "hip-hop pop"-Yes with stars as Brittany, Jessica and Avril your role models.- Those ppl are stupid role models

CC
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:39 PM
well thanks ;)

oh yes. fangs. bad breath. thick brown fur covers all of my body. it's scary.

i'm unlikeable (aside from the previously mentioned reasons) because of my astounding shortage of tact, sensitivity, and empathy for others. i'm also quite antisocial...but not because i don't want to talk to people...but because they don't want to talk to me :)

Ah, I see your point. No matter how atrocious one's social skills, tact to me is essential.

alfajeffster
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Anyone care to shave my back for me?

tfannis
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:48 PM
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. No

:scratch:

Dave B
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I am surprised so many people disagree with number three. They have actually done a few studies that show that because our generation (I am a 1983 baby myself) worked in groups MUCH more in school, and many times actually did teamwork units, we are extremely collabarative in comparison to our counterparts. That doesn't mean that there are not individuals or those who do not work well on teams. Its just in comparison to other generations, we work well together.

alfajeffster
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Well I was born again in 1985, and then again after the earthquake in San Francisco in 1989. Does that count?

CC
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I will answer since I barely made it:

1. You spend more time on the Internet than watching TV. Agree, epecially since my remote stopped working.

2. Your parents are your best friends. Disagree. I tell my mother a lot of things though.

3. You don't like dissidents. You are very much more about the group than the individual. Disagree. I care more about the individual and self-progress/self-preservation.

4. IPods are your other best-friends. Disagree. I'm not exactly sure what an Ipod actually does.

5. Your musical taste is "hip-hop pop" with stars as Brittany, Jessica and Avril your role models. Disagree. I listen because sometimes this popular stuff is unavoidable.