PDA

View Full Version : Jen, why are you taking so long to decide about Sydney?!

JennyS
Jan 7th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Like, I know Australia is far far away. But like, why are you waiting soooo long to decide if you are playing Sydney? If you aren't playing, just announce it already!!!!!!!! Your fans are waiting (im)patiently to find out if you are playing. Oh, and are you considering playing the Aussie Open without a warmup? Thanks!

jenny161185
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I agree I wish she'd just put us out of our misery!

Dave B
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I'd rather be waiting on news then being in Jen's position...having an injury and a tough decision.

Kuti Kis&Monica
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:26 PM
the fact she didn't withdraw yet is maybe a good sign. It would have been very worrying if she'd have withdrawn since a lots of time IMO. Let's hope ;)

darrinbaker00
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:29 PM
But she hasn't a thing to wear..... :lol: :lol:

JennyS
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:02 AM
But she hasn't a thing to wear..... :lol: :lol:
She can always play in her own outfits. It might be hillarious.

pav
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:07 AM
:tape: :tape: :tape: I always get into trouble if I open My big mouth about Capsternews

darrinbaker00
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:08 AM
She can always play in her own outfits. It might be hillarious.
Since Prince makes clothing and shoes as well as racquets, Jen won't have to play naked. She'll just have to deal with people mistaking her for Lisa Raymond. ;)

pav
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Jennifer Naked?? quick! hand Me a roll of Duct tape I think:tape:

tennnisfannn
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:34 AM
sydney has never been kind to her, she lost both her opening rounds before she went on to win the australian, may it is is some kind of good luck charm for her.

WhatTheDeuce
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Why are you posting as if she's going to personally answer your questions? :confused:

Marcus1979
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:10 AM
she has not won a match the last 2 times she was here.

2003 lost to Panova
2002 lost to Stevenson

JennyS
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Why are you posting as if she's going to personally answer your questions? :confused:
Cause I was being silly.

KingA
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Funny enough that this Sydney's tournament is Jenny's very first winning pro-tournament in her tennis career, but since she becomes the GS Champion at AO in 2001, Sydney becomes a no luck place for her at all!!!! (Oh well, she wins AO 2002 by losing 1st round in Sydney though!! :rolleyes: )

To be honest, I won't expect her to show up, I believe her determination in tennis is not that strong now..... particularly after two heart-breaking USO Semi-Finals in 03' & 04' and horrible FO Semi-Final in 04'... and plus her injury!!! :o

bigshow21
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:35 AM
I don't understand why she waits so long to decide if she is going to play either. I get all excited the closer the tournament is and then she always decides to announce last minute that she isn't playing. What a heartbreaker. But it's ok, as long as she gets healthy...that's all I care aboiut.

I don't think she is going to play Sydney. She will take the week off to rest, get healthy, and train/practice. I have a good feeling about AO though!!! Get well soon Jen!!! :)

LeRoy.
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:36 AM
apparently she just pulled out :sad:

Andrew.
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Capriati has officially withdraw from Sydney.

bigshow21
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:38 AM
oh shucks!!! This sucks!!! Now I have to wait even longer :rolleyes:

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:45 AM
What where is this news!!! Shit this sucks I hate this. I was so excited. Damn it. Well all I can say is Jen get better as soon as you can!!! We will all be here when you come back!!!

Snuffkin
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Funny enough that this Sydney's tournament is Jenny's very first winning pro-tournament in her tennis career, but since she becomes the GS Champion at AO in 2001, Sydney becomes a no luck place for her at all!!!! (Oh well, she wins AO 2002 by losing 1st round in Sydney though!! :rolleyes: )

To be honest, I won't expect her to show up, I believe her determination in tennis is not that strong now..... particularly after two heart-breaking USO Semi-Finals in 03' & 04' and horrible FO Semi-Final in 04'... and plus her injury!!! :o
Ignoring your amateur psychologist, and I'm not sure I made sense of your first paragraph, but if you're saying that Sydney was Jen's first win, nope! That was Puerto Rico way back in 1990. Unless my memory has started to fail, Jen didn't play anywhere in Aus until 1992.

Anyway, it's a shame that after all the injuries, we couldn't at least have had everyone fit for the start of this year. I hope all injured players get well soon. Then, let battle commence!

Jennifer's wife
Jan 8th, 2005, 03:39 PM
glad u put him right on jens 1st tournament win.....otherwise i was about to do it and make myself sound like that bloke from court 5! ;) ;) :lol: :D

Snuffkin
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:40 PM
You mean the bloke that appeared on countless photos of mine and even made an appearance in our film? Bless him...he was so mad he should have fitted in perfectly with us.

:worship: The bloke on Court 5

And us.

And Jen.

Jennifer's wife
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:06 PM
the thing that makes me laugh was the bloke moaning and reeling off his jen trivia as to why she should have been on a bigger court probably wouldnt have got to see her so close up if she hadda got on a bigger court! :lol: i like court 1 best personally and a match on court 2 also goes down well with me....esp as it helps with the funding!! centre is all well and good but when it rains as much as it did this year and you hafta wait a cupla months for your refund.....oh yes jen not playing centre suits me fine!!

Snuffkin
Jan 9th, 2005, 01:20 PM
It was the abstract way he thought if he told the security guy all he knew, he might be allowed to get closer to Jen once she remembered which court she was playing on. We were sat on the bench just waiting for her, despite all the others having arrived, and he started. Out of nowhere!

But yes, it's easier for those lazy ones amongst us who can't be arsed to camp to get tix for anywhere other than Centre and it's cheaper. I know Rom and I had tix for her first round match on the Tuesday but that never happened, so that was an expensive waste of time.

Which is it that Jen doesn't like? 2 or 18? I know one of them she doesn't like too much, but always forget which one.

player
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Forgive me but i prefer write in french this time... If someone can do a GOOD translation, it's OK...
J'étais autant désappointée que vous en voyant que Jenny avait déclaré forfait à la dernière minute.
MAIS, depuis samedi, j'ai réfléchi et je me suis dit: et SI, et SI, Jenny a tardé si longtemps à prendre sa décision, peut-être était-ce parce qu'elle est "presque" guérie???... Je veux dire que son épaule va peut-être mieux mais qu'elle avait besoin de quelques jours de plus pour s'entrainer et être vraiment en forme, assez en forme pour supporter la fatigue et le stress d'un GC... Et qu'elle préfère être vraiment en forme pour l'AO, plutôt que de perdre au 1er ou au 2e tour à Sydney et de risquer une autre blessure....

Maybe, maybe...

I continue to hope, but I prefer to see Jenny wait to be in great shape before playing than see her, like two years ago in Melbourne, lose in first round!
I think it's really important for her to do well and have a great game in The Grand Slams, especially in Melbourne. She has too much great memories there, and just 1 bad: two years ago when she wasn't ready to play!

Marcus1979
Jan 10th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Jen has officially withdrawn from Sydney right

????

Lindsita
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Yes, unfortunately :crying2:

Jennifer's wife
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:33 PM
its 18 snuffkin. i hate it too but for diff reasons! for jen its too loud (naturally) ;) coz if like Tim is on court one all u can here is the noise from that court. i personally dont like it bcoz there's no reserved seating which makes going to the toilet a mission. and when im watchin jen i need to pee at least once a set! in a tight match its at every change of ends but i guess thats only a luxury i can have in the comfort of my own home! ;)

RedFilaJ-Cap#1
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:31 AM
It sucks when there is no reserved seating!! At the USO we sat for 5 hours waiting and then they transfered the match to the big Ashe stadium o were the people pissed, but we got in fast and got good seats!!

bigshow21
Jan 11th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Omg, I almost cried when that happened. That was the worst news I had heard. After watching that boring mens match...aahhggg! At least we got good seats and got to watch in Arthur Ashe for free! That was a plus!!!