PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Lopez Says New Album Is A True Rebirth For Her

AjdeNate!
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:24 PM
01/07/2005 10:00 AM, LAUNCH
LAUNCH Radio Networks

Jennifer Lopez says the title of her new album, Rebirth, reflects a new phase in her life. During a live chat on MSN.com Tuesday (January 4), Lopez said, "I decided to call it Rebirth because I had taken a vacation for the first time in a long time. I'm a bit of a workaholic, and when I came back it felt I was in a different phase of my career, as well as life, and the title represents a new beginning."

Lopez says the new album--which comes out in March--contains several dance tracks, but her favorite song is different than anything else on the CD. She said, "I think the most risky song, or the song that is most different, is called "This Is Me" because it was written in Spanish first and...is the most dramatic song. It's the most special to me."

"Get Right," the first single from the album, was released Monday (January 3) and the music video for the song will premiere on several music channels January 5.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:59 AM
I saw the video for "Get Right" and it's a hot track. She's HOT in the video too. I know she can't SANG...but her style and catchy tunes carry her.

Knizzle
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:15 AM
That song is trash, I couldn't believe people liked it when I first heard it.

kabuki
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Is it too late to abort it?

switz
Jan 8th, 2005, 02:04 PM
i wonder how many of her songs will proclaim how "real" she is this time. meh, i hope she does well and is happy in her life.

harloo
Jan 8th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Yes Jlo has reinvented herself completely, she has managed to elevate bad singing to a whole new level. :lol:

Rocketta
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:03 PM
how did I know this new album would have a "spanish" song on it......I believe I said she changes her personality/persona for whoever she's married to/sleeping with. :lol:

haven't heard the new song....going to launch right now...:)

Rocketta
Jan 8th, 2005, 06:16 PM
all I have to say is she's needs to reunite with Puffy! I don't care about romantically but musically it's just not happening without him, imo. :eek:

Oh and I checked out Fantasia's video....and I love it.....the black and white pics are awesome....plus Fantasia is just so emotive...I luvs her. :)

J.Lo's video is nice as well...she's very pretty and it comes across but the song...dog pooo...

Wendy Williams
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:38 PM
We haven't even added her new collabo with Fabolous to our playlist which is unusual since Jen is a friend to the show and in my head. I used to play Waiting For Tonight all the time when I was on the Stairmaster but since I've been on L.A. Weight Loss I haven't needed to work out so I haven't been listening to any J.Lo.

Justin
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:19 PM
:eek: I just heard "Get Right."

Well, half of it. I could not stomach the whole thing. It''s an all new low. It makes Ashlee Simpson and Lindsay Lohan sound like Whitney and Mariah.

Dava
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:16 PM
We haven't even added her new collabo with Fabolous to our playlist which is unusual since Jen is a friend to the show and in my head. I used to play Waiting For Tonight all the time when I was on the Stairmaster but since I've been on L.A. Weight Loss I haven't needed to work out so I haven't been listening to any J.Lo.
Erm Wendy how much you been smoking this evening. I thought it was you who previewed Get Right on your show last week...or was that Angie Martinez, or Free or some other NY DJ?

Rocketta
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:37 PM
:eek: I just heard "Get Right."

Well, half of it. I could not stomach the whole thing. It''s an all new low. It makes Ashlee Simpson and Lindsay Lohan sound like Whitney and Mariah.
yeah i didn't finish it either...:tape:

Kart
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Rebirth ?

Did she die ?