PDA

View Full Version : Who def. Vaidisova/Zvonareva ??

Kouhin
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:17 PM
64 63... mais il n'y avait qu'arantxa qu'a joué tt le match apparement !! au debut cté venus ac elle puis elena apres :/

qq un peu me le confirmer ? moi j'ai vu que lena sur la cam :worship:

Greenout
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:18 PM
You won't believe me if I told you!

Sveta was too tired to play with ASV.
Venus stepped in; but only for 1 set.
Elena finished the 2nd set off with ASV!

Linnie
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM
You won't believe me if I told you!

Sveta was too tired to play with ASV.
Venus stepped in; but only for 1 set.
Elena finished the 2nd set off with ASV!:eek: :lol:

Sounds more like the Keystone Kops than an exhibition!

Harju.
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:23 PM
:lol:

but Vaidisova was impressive though.

wateva
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
:confused: :lol: terrible planning for doubles! more like playing recreational tennis! vera actually played with 3 different partners??!! amazing! so who's gonna win the doubles crown? or is it just for fun?

Paneru
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
:eek: :lol:

Sounds more like the Keystone Kops than an exhibition!

Well, Venus had just finished playing a
marathon match with Sveta and still stepped
in for her for atleast a set and then Elena came
into to finish.

Very nice of Venus considering she's the one
who has to play tommorrow.

Also nice of Elena to step in for her.

Paneru
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:26 PM
:confused: :lol: terrible planning for doubles! more like playing recreational tennis! vera actually played with 3 different partners??!! amazing! so who's gonna win the doubles crown? or is it just for fun?

Actually, it wasn't it was the best they could do.

Especially, with players who werw withdrawing
left and right for whatever the reasons.

I amazed they pulled even this off and
the ladies who went the extra mile for them
I'm sure have their complete admiration and thanks.

Crazy! :lol:

G_Slammed
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Tag team doubles?

crazillo
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM
*lol* This is crazy. How the hell did she warm up? :lol:

Kouhin
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Also nice of Elena to step in for her.yeah ! so nice !! who'll play the dbl final ??
lena/zvonareva vs lena/sanchez :angel: lol

Harju.
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Lena's serve was definately much better.

*Marat BigFan*
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:41 PM
yeah much better

Natasc
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM
OH
That's good news for me
I saw that after she came just apear 1 or 2 Df's if i'm not wrong
And that's is good, considering that she play the final of the 1º set and all the second one
So, i'm damn happy!! :D

Paneru
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:57 PM
yeah ! so nice !! who'll play the dbl final ??
lena/zvonareva vs lena/sanchez :angel: lol

Stranger things have happened! ;)

SerialKiller#69
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:11 PM

but Vaidisova was impressive though.
lol what are you talking about? vaidisova was one big mess in that doubles match.

by the way, on an interesting note. from what i got to see, venus hit nicole three times in that match. ofcourse, a doubles player is taught to do that but nicole wasn't amused at all. thought after the first time, venus will be hesitant to hammer the ball towards nicole. venus apologized (maybe she just lost control :shrug:) nicole just turned her back not acknowledging venus' apology at all.arantxa found it funny in some sort. vera flinched when she saw nicole getting hit. on the end of the 1st set which venus and arantxa won, nicole gave venus the coldest handshake i've ever seen.

Happy Guy
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM
OH
That's good news for me
I saw that after she came just apear 1 or 2 Df's if i'm not wrong
And that's is good, considering that she play the final of the 1º set and all the second one
So, i'm damn happy!! :D
Read Russian Roulette for the details~ ;)

Darop.
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I saw the match on tv lol...

Very entertaining... ;)

At one point elena came so close to hitting ASV on the head, and let out a scary yelp...:scared:

Elena's serve was looking much MUCH better...

Happy Guy
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Yes the match turned out to be very hilarious~ ASV was enjoying a lot and even did a lot of funny gestures and chats with the crowd whenever she made an UE or missed an easy shot! ;) Maria stepped out of court before the match of Venus v Sveta announcing her withdrawal from the tournament, and the organisers announced at that moment that Venus was going to play the first set only and Elena to finish off with ASV for the second and if possibly the third as well.

ASV was not playing well - quite a number of easy misses on volleys and DFs, but obviously she was a very late replacement tonight. She was able to win mainly because Nicole Vaidisova was playing even worse - she made about 2 out of 10 volleys only, even though her serve was huge and her groundies were at times thunderous too. Elena and Venus enjoyed the match very much too, and they laughed a lot during their set.

A big clap for Vera Zvonareva, who displayed great sportsmanship and gratitude by agreeing to all these format changes throughout tournament. Yes she played with three different partners in the tournament and I was very impressed with her volleys and groundies. :) I appreciate her attitude a lot! :)

raquel
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:19 PM
ASV played doubles with Venus?! :eek: :hearts:

I need pictures - NOW!! Are there any around? For some reason the Getty Homepage never opens on my computer so if anyone could link me to the exact address on Getty, or any other pics, I'd be very grateful :kiss:

Happy Guy
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Yes Nicole's face was really dark after being hit at the foot three times and at one point she hit a smash towards Venus on revenge, though Venus was able to save it. I joked with my friend whether they would have confrontation in the locker room! ;)

Happy Guy
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:21 PM
By the way the final will be between Williamses v Kuznetsova/ASV

SerialKiller#69
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Yes Nicole's face was really dark after being hit at the foot three times and at one point she hit a smash towards Venus on revenge, though Venus was able to save it. I joked with my friend whether they would have confrontation in the locker room! ;)
She wasn't only hit at the foot. She was also hit at the upper part. Anyways, that shall serve as a baptism of fire for her.

Knizzle
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:53 PM
She wasn't only hit at the foot. She was also hit at the upper part. Anyways, that shall serve as a baptism of fire for her.
LOL, I could see she didn't like Venus hitting her and it seemed as if ASV started laughing and gesturing about Vaidisova cause Vera and Nicole looked at her like she was crazy. On that point Venus didn't put away the first volley that she should have so the second time she took her chance and blasted a volley right into Vaidisova's body. That had to hurt. Most doubles teams learn to move out of the way when the Williams sisters get ready to smash away a volley. Just ask Rennae Stubbs. And Martina Navratilova. :lol:

TartarVicario
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Arantxa/Vee won Nicole/Vera 6-4 in the first set :kiss:

While Vee was waving the crowd,Lena D. ran to the court and played with Arantxa in the second set :hearts:

Arantxa/Lena won Nicole/Vera 6-3 in the second set :yeah:

Knizzle
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:35 PM
ASV played doubles with Venus?! :eek: :hearts:

I need pictures - NOW!! Are there any around? For some reason the Getty Homepage never opens on my computer so if anyone could link me to the exact address on Getty, or any other pics, I'd be very grateful :kiss:
They actually worked pretty well together though neither of them played their best. One time they ended up on the same side of the court with Venus having to duck so ASV could hit a stroke over her head, they won the point and Venus looked at Arantxa and doubled over with laughter while Arantxa made a gesture over her head to illustrate what happened.