PDA

View Full Version : Maggie/Elena in the finals......

crazillo
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:30 PM
:woohoo:
They didn't lose a single set in all of their three matches and didn't play against thaaaat lousy opponents.... In the finals, they will meet Camerin/Farina-Elia.. Title should be theirs!
:D

Chunchun
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Zheng/Zi :sobbing::crying2:

daniela86
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
i really hope that maggie/lena will win!! they are such an amazing team, they should play together all the season.I remember the previous time they played together (tokyo 04) they have also reached the final :)

crazillo
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:54 PM
i really hope that maggie/lena will win!! they are such an amazing team, they should play together all the season.I remember the previous time they played together (tokyo 04) they have also reached the final :)

Hey ya' :wavey:,
I think the same. The problem is that Maggie didn't want to play a full doubles season last year to focuse on singles and I don't know if she wants this year. I hope she would though. :)
She has played one season from Miami to Tokyo nearly complete and was nearly in the top-10, what is quite an achievement.
BTW, Elena talked "bad" about Maggie last year at the Canadian Open, when she said she is nearly sure Nastya would beat her and wants her to win and gave Maggie no chance. Maggie didn't hear that obviously. :p

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Lena and Sveta went to many, many finals last year. And made the YEC.
Lena went to the YEC with Cara Black in 2003.

crazillo
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Elena is a great doubles player, I am happy to see her quite succesful in singles as well.....

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah, Lena was very solid after Wimbledon, except in the US Open.
But she made the final of Tier I Montreal, beating Myskina, Capriati, Petrova, and Schiavone.

crazillo
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I know... i am a big fan of her's. I always liked her, but when I saw her competing that well with so much fighting spirit in Montreal I was really happy.
I hope she will win her first title of the year with Maggie tommorow, who herself hasn't won a doubles title since Warsaw 2003.

goldenlox
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:25 PM
They should be tough to beat.
Lena is a Wimbledon champion in mixed, and she has won titles with a lot of different partners.

Drake1980
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Good luck Elena and Magdalena!!! Although I love Farina as well so not the end of the world either way.

crazillo
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:50 PM
They should be tough to beat.
Lena is a Wimbledon champion in mixed, and she has won titles with a lot of different partners.

She should have played more with Tauziat. They were a GREAT combo, but hardly ever played together (saw them at Leipzig). I think Maggie is a good partner for her.