PDA

View Full Version : Are You Racist? - Test

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 07:56 PM
http://www.understandingprejudice.org/iat/index2.htm
Opera and the test don't get along. Had to learn that the hard way. :o

"This version of the Implicit Association Test measures unconscious or automatic associations of "good" and "bad" with Black and White people."

This world is very black and white.. :)

AjdeNate!
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:05 PM
"Little or no automatic preference".

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Me too.

I think its wrong.

Brαm
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:14 PM
stupid test :o

"e" or "i" :rolleyes:

Please!

SilK
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Little or no preference :)

Joana
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
The test says I'm not.

SilK
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:23 PM
stupid test :o

"e" or "i" :rolleyes:

Please!

It is not a stupid test... you idiot! :mad:

Brαm
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:25 PM
It is not a stupid test... you idiot! :mad:
Since when can't I have an opinion of my own?

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Tolerance.org, and Havard's Project Implicit both use this test. Supposely its widely respected.

Rtael
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Your Test Results: Little or no preference

:p

alexusjonesfan
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:34 PM
The test says I'm not.
The test says I am :crying2:

JenFan75
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I gave up halfway through...too annoying.

Volcana
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Strong preference for African American

But then, I never felt I was a prejudice-free person. I know better. I try to make my judgements on the facts of situations, rather than my feelings, to counter that. I guess if you thought you were completely race-neutral, this test could be a shock.

flyingmachine
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:01 PM
Little or no preference :)
Me too. :)

Mariangelina
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:07 PM
I quit in the middle. It was giving me an awful headache and I was getting confused and hitting random keys. I think I'm too stupid to be prejudiced. :lol: It took me a few seconds to figure out what race half the faces were anyway. :lol:

Wiggly
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:16 PM
I'm nto racist but I prefers White peoples :tape: but I can talk to a Black without a doubt :)

Emptiness
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Well as long as you say you arn't. :)

But then, I never felt I was a prejudice-free person. I know better. I try to make my judgements on the facts of situations, rather than my feelings, to counter that. I guess if you thought you were completely race-neutral, this test could be a shock.I don't believe anyone is without some kind of racial prejudice.

I think i'm racist. I try my best not to act on it and correct my thinking but its hard. I think the majority of whites believe they're superior to blacks, and blacks think that whites believe they're superior, and when i visit the home of someone of middle eastern descent i prepare for the smell.

It took me a few seconds to figure out what race half the faces were anyway.Just submit your answers fast, and don't worry about being correct. Unless... you're afraid of your true results?
I'm trying to trick you into completing the test. Did it work? :p

GoDominique
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Results: Moderate preference for European American :shrug:

What an annoying test. At the end I just clicked randomly. :o

Martian Willow
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:30 AM
I quit in the middle. It was giving me an awful headache and I was getting confused and hitting random keys. I think I'm too stupid to be prejudiced. :lol: It took me a few seconds to figure out what race half the faces were anyway. :lol:

I wish I'd given up rather than continuing to the end and getting accused of being a racist. :mad: I get enough of that on here. :rolleyes:

skanky~skanketta
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:07 AM
i rather not do it cuz it would probably show me having a preference towards black people.

ico4498
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:03 AM
i prefer black folks ... knew that before taking the test.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:34 AM
I dont believe anyone is superior to me or any member of my race...Thanks to my mother and father for that...I judge people on their own merit and thats the truth...:D

bis2806
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Moderate preference for European American... i've taken this test before i think, and i am not sure as to how accurate it is really

Huntress555
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:43 AM
I got little or no preference

Scotso
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Strong preference for African American

But then, I never felt I was a prejudice-free person. I know better. I try to make my judgements on the facts of situations, rather than my feelings, to counter that. I guess if you thought you were completely race-neutral, this test could be a shock.

You know there's nothing wrong with that. I'm assuming you're African American, and as such it is understandable. Racism has forced African Americans to "stick together" more. They have to all work together to survive in a racist world. It's understandable.

Moderate preference for European American :( I think it's because I couldn't tell if one of the pictures was a black or white person. I dunno. I'll take it again in a year and hopefully I will be less biased :(

"Sluggy"
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:58 AM
I think we all have prejudices. for me the key is to only talk about them with people that you trust. For instance, I dont want my daughter to marry someone from some countries... maybe there are some people from those countries that might be acceptable, but certainly I would exclude most people from some countries. If she married a person with dark skin, I cant see how that would be a problem if he was big brother approved, and i would treat him like my own. In addition, based on my own past experiences, I have some fears... people that remind me of people that have harmed tend to scare me, so i shy away from them. thats my position on racism. Oh, and i would not be friends with someone who is obviously racist - what a person internally believes is his/her own business, but if you tell me your a racist, i will avoid you like the plague.

per4ever
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Your Test Results: Little or no preference

bit surprised 'though..

Jarrett
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Strong preference for European American

Oh well, guess I am racist! :rolleyes: