PDA

View Full Version : The most evil person in history?

Z Commando
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Of these which one?

KoOlMaNsEaN
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
not doubt its Hitler

lakeway11
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:22 PM
you ever said Saddam was evil? look at all he did for Iraq and his people compared to other middle eastern tyrants

Dava
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Hitler

Vlad the impalor was just a bit upset...and you know he did have a reason to put all those people on sticks in his front lawn (i think they kidanpped and raped him as a young child...or am i thinking of something else). Stalin is up there, but what about Mussolini, and a few other evil guys.

pla
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Stalin :tape:

Alvarillo
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Hitler and Franco

CanadianBoy21
Jan 6th, 2005, 08:46 PM
How about the Romanian dictator. Can't spell his name, but it's something like Chosevski. He did a lot of horrible things, to his OWN people.
Stalin killed over 25 million(I think or over 30 million). And most were his OWN people. Hitler was so bad too, he killed 6 million Jews, and he and Stalin were really close in the evil department. I chose Stalin though, only because he killed more people.
Of course, he instituted the two five year plans to increase industrialization, but it had so many downfalls too, that I won't even go into it, it's a whole history lecture.

Barrie_Dude
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Ashlee among those on this list

SilK
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Ashlee among those on this list

The Dude Is Back! :worship:

Joana
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:24 PM
How about the Romanian dictator. Can't spell his name, but it's something like Chosevski. He did a lot of horrible things, to his OWN people.
Stalin killed over 25 million(I think or over 30 million). And most were his OWN people. Hitler was so bad too, he killed 6 million Jews, and he and Stalin were really close in the evil department. I chose Stalin though, only because he killed more people.
Of course, he instituted the two five year plans to increase industrialization, but it had so many downfalls too, that I won't even go into it, it's a whole history lecture.
The name is Nicolae Ceausescu.

For me, the symbol of evil has always been Charles Manson.

Barrie_Dude
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:38 PM
I would also have to nominate here:

Whoever invented polyester leisure suits
The person that gave us "The Brady Bunch"
Whoever told Madonna, JLo and Britney they could act
Whoever decided subject we music fans to Ms. Spears

Barrie_Dude
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:38 PM
The Dude Is Back! :worship:;) :devil: :lol:

Oleh
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Its between Hitler and Stalin of Modern History,
Hitler, you must have a hint as why I say that.
Stalin because he literaly personaly signed the death warrants of the 12 million + he had murdered for no crime what so ever.
Perhaps they were twins seperated at birth or something.
But the list of evil people go's on...I live "next door" to some of them.

daniela86
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:44 PM
definitly hitler and the nazis :mad: :mad:

Dava
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I would also have to nominate here:

Whoever invented polyester leisure suits
The person that gave us "The Brady Bunch"
Can i just make a point...J.Lo isnt actually a bad actress, she just usually graces the most terrible films...early on in her career she amde some good ones like U-Turn, Out Of Sight, Selena and The Cell.

Denise4925
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:48 PM
George W. Bush, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden (GW's friend)

schris
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:50 PM
Adolf

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:57 PM
My ex girlfriend Emma

BritneySpearsIsHot
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I think you run my ex very close :rolleyes: :p

lilly
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Can i just make a point...J.Lo isnt actually a bad actress, she just usually graces the most terrible films...early on in her career she amde some good ones like U-Turn, Out Of Sight, Selena and The Cell.goddamn right.
I'm so freaking tired of her being put down as some skanky fabricated singer who went into acting. The first time I saw Blood and Wine, I was :eek: totally awed by her onscreen presence.

If you put down her music, fine.
Her recent choice in roles/movies, ok.
The way she garnitures her body, go ahead.
Her choice in men, granted.
But not the acting capabilities, please.

[note: someone who hasn't seen Gigli is speaking here. it's on my to do list. I'm just not gonna pay for it]

Ekkekko
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:21 PM
it is without a doubt hitler.

Bacardi
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Vlad, the Forrest of the impaled were by far more disgusting than anything else. Not to mention the fact I think he caused the most deaths.

Volcana
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Evil cannot be measured solely by body count. In fact, sometimes an ethos, rather than an individual person, is what's evil. What country killed the most people? Spain, probably. But you can't lay the results of 500 years of Empire at the feet of any one person.

Does Bill Clinton get 'credited' with the deaths of half a million Iraqi children due to sanctions against that country? On the one hand, Madeliene Albright conceded that that WAS a side effect of our sanctions policy. (Which means the 'no it was Saddam's fault' arguement is so much BS.)

Does Roosevelt make the list for bombing Nagasaki? (I actually accept the arguement that bombin Hiroshima saved more lives than it cost, even decades later. Doesn't mean I'm right, but I accept it.)

Where does Churchill's head of Bomber Command, Air Marshal Harris rank on the 'evil' list for firebombing Dresden?

It seems to me that almost everyone your origin list (save Ashlee Simpson) THOUGHT they were doing good.

Pol Pot was an insane mass murderer. But he THOUGHT the sheer corruption of Cambodan society required using drastic means to fix it. Is he any different than Roosevelt with the Atomic bomb, morally? Do we measure morality on intent? Or effect?

Was Mao Tse Tung a visionary or a psychopath?

Evil ultimately, is easy. It's what the other guys are. Much easier than actually dealing with the idea that their position might be valid, and yours wrong.

Find me the guy (they are almost always guys, do you notice?) who consciously pursued his own self-interest by manipulating others ideas of what was right and true. The one who drained a country or a peopl dry to line the pockets of their friends.

My own candidates for 'most evil' are Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain, but truly, they merely carried the torch for an eveil that preceded them, and continued long after them.

Hitler was no piker, but all he did was carry on ethnic cleansing by the means most convenient for him. One could name a half dozen instances of the same policy being carried out by slightly different means. But since I'm currently enjoying a brief respite from the usual rain of insults, I'll skip the details.

The top three people on your list, however, all share something. The all needed killing.

PointBlank
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Stalin killed his "people" .. He was Georgian not Russian

iHEARTu
Jan 6th, 2005, 11:59 PM
Hitler

Joana
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:22 AM
Can someone please explain why is killing "your" people worse than killing "foreign" people.

©@®eLess
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:38 AM
well- Eva Braun who knows where Hitler could have been if he wasn't sleeping with her :lol:

That's not funny, i voted for Hitler

SpikeyAidanm
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Yes Stalin.

skanky~skanketta
Jan 7th, 2005, 02:58 AM
i've always wondered why stalin wasnt as popular as hitler.

beauty_is_pink
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:02 AM
why is Ashlee Simpson "the most evil person in history"?
HOW? :lol:

~ The Leopard ~
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM
You can't do it by body count. You do it by who was most malevolent - who had the most hatred in their heart, or at least the most indifference to human suffering and death if it was needed to bring about what they willed. On that criterion there may be plenty of small-time sadists and psychopaths who are worse than anybody on the list.

However, let's exclude people who lacked the power to convert their malevolence to mass deaths. With that exclusion, and applying the malevolence test, I find it hard to go past Hitler in recent history. His degree of hatred for the Jews and others seems to go far beyond the brutality and callousness of Stalin, etc., even though Stalin was responsible for more deaths.

I'm sure you can find plenty of genocidal conquerors and tyrants from ancient and medieval history who'd give Hitler a run for his money.

JenFan75
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:52 AM
Ashley!

But seriously, probably Hitler.

I just wrote an essay defending Stalin and his actions! funny..

MisterQ
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Ashley!

But seriously, probably Hitler.

I just wrote an essay defending Stalin and his actions! funny..

Were you asked to take a specific position, or do you actually believe his actions were defensible?

Je_ne_sais_quoi
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Mr Molik
:ras:

Scotso
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:16 AM
It's definitely Pol Pot. He was so f***ed up in the head that eventually the Communists in Vietnam had to invade and have him deposed. He was totally insane. When he took power, he made EVERYONE leave the cities, and anyone with a college education or anyone who had visited the west was worked to death or executed. What's worse is that these were his own people, and he was very likely to commit purges of his own organization. Thanks to him, much of Cambodian art and history is gone. :sad: He killed about 2 million Cambodians... out of a country of around 10 million people. 20% mortality rate. Not only that, but he did his best to destroy their culture. Taking people's lives is bad, destroying an entire society is much worse.

JenFan75
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Were you asked to take a specific position, or do you actually believe his actions were defensible?

I actually think his actions were defensible.

pla
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:56 AM
I actually think his actions were defensible.

Huh?! :o

Scotso
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Huh?! :o

Another one for the ignore list, eh? lol

Stalin's goal was probably a decent one, but there is NO way to defend his methods.

"Sluggy"
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:05 AM
maybe Ghengis Kahn should be up there too? he was prety evil, riding into town raping the animals and killing the women. that guy was not too nice either.

Beefy
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Hitler probably, but there is really so many when you think about it. Stalin, Milosovic, Karadiz, Amin, Mugabie, Ceausescu, Pot, Hussein and so on. Also people like Hindley, Brady, Allet, Sutclife, Blanch and Pickles. People like that who were serial killers

Scotso
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:07 AM
very very good example, Bunker. there are a lot of people that deserve a place on this list.

just think of the Crusades...

Rohin.
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:09 AM
probably none of the above..

but out of those guys I voted Stalin..

pla
Jan 7th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Another one for the ignore list, eh? lol

Stalin's goal was probably a decent one, but there is NO way to defend his methods.

I doubt someone ever knew his goal, I even doubt he ever had a goal.

(•_•)
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:11 PM
You can't say who is the most evil person but in any case George W. Bush is one of them!

Barrie_Dude
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Can i just make a point...J.Lo isnt actually a bad actress, she just usually graces the most terrible films...early on in her career she amde some good ones like U-Turn, Out Of Sight, Selena and The Cell.Katherine Hepburn she ain't!

Barrie_Dude
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:46 PM
why is Ashlee Simpson "the most evil person in history"?
HOW? :lol:Have you ever heard her sing (and I use the term loosley) ?

Oleh
Jan 8th, 2005, 08:33 PM
You can't say who is the most evil person but in any case George W. Bush is one of them!

and..

"George W. Bush, Hitler and Osama Bin Laden (GW's friend)"

WTF??? He is not even close, where are his gas chambers, mass graves and genocides??? Where are his batalions of rake and spade whelding child soldiers going through villages and killing everyone with glasses???
GB Is NOT even REMOTELY close, come on learn history.
I cant believe the latter actually equated Hitler with Bush...not even if it was meant to be some kind of "Joke".

Dirty Sanchez
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:25 PM
As the poll currently stands..... Ashlee Simpson is the second most evil person in history! :yeah: :p

Stamp Paid
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:23 AM
A tie between Hitler, King Leopold of Belgium, & Josef Mengele.

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:55 AM
It's definitely Pol Pot. He was so f***ed up in the head that eventually the Communists in Vietnam had to invade and have him deposed. He was totally insane. When he took power, he made EVERYONE leave the cities, and anyone with a college education or anyone who had visited the west was worked to death or executed. What's worse is that these were his own people, and he was very likely to commit purges of his own organization. Thanks to him, much of Cambodian art and history is gone. :sad: He killed about 2 million Cambodians... out of a country of around 10 million people. 20% mortality rate. Not only that, but he did his best to destroy their culture. Taking people's lives is bad, destroying an entire society is much worse.

pol pot is french right?

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 9th, 2005, 05:59 AM
i am just gonna go with vlad the impaler, cos he looks the evilest and makes me so scared i wanna poo in my pants. and hitler's little moustaches is so cute! ;)

I Love Sharapova
Jan 9th, 2005, 06:02 AM
That's an easy one:

Joseph Stalin He is responsible for over 20,000,000 deaths. :mad:

Jakeev
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Hitler was evil but Stalin made him look like a new born in compared to what he did to his own people.

I think I read every one of 4-6 current living Russian has lost a relative under the hands of Stalin.

If that is accurate, his very hidden crimes are definitely the MOST evil in world history.

Pengwin
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I lost both my great grandfathers to Japanese 'Nazis' who took over parts of China in the early 20th century and started shooting and raping all the Chinese people as well as doing experiments on them (e.g. burning their eyes out with acid), chucking them off cliffs and other horriffic things.

Don't say Mao ZeDong was bad for chasing them out of the country and forming the CCP.

Martian Jeza
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Stalin
Hitler
Paul Pot
Franco
Ceaucescu
Pinochet
Saddam Hussein
The comunist regime of North Korea
OUssama Bin Laden and Islamist Extremism bullshit.
etc.

Marcus1979
Jan 9th, 2005, 11:09 AM
its a tie between Hitler and Starlin if they are not the same person.

Maybe they were related

;)

I Love Sharapova
Jan 10th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Hitler was certainly evil,but he pales in comparison to Joeseph Stalin.Stalin killed an estimated 20,000,000 people. If Stalin is not the evilest person in history I don't know who is. :confused: :confused:

With that being said, I think that it is important to understand that it is a knee-jerk reaction for most people to holler Hitler when they hear the word evil. Why? I think a lot of it has to do with the social consciousness of anti-semitism. People are so conscious and aware of anti-semitism that it tends to be a prevailing factor in peoples thought processes.

beauty_is_pink
Jan 10th, 2005, 02:05 AM
Have you ever heard her sing (and I use the term loosley) ? I LIKE ASHLEE! :mad:

VeeDaQueen
Jan 10th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Bush :D

Chunchun
Jan 10th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Ashlee Simpson??! :eek: :confused: