PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Missy's show last night?

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:13 PM
:lol:

I liked it...:D

harloo
Jan 6th, 2005, 04:24 PM
I liked it because I love Missy, but the rappers on there were wack. I enjoyed big boy, and the woman who had the short braids. I think she is a stud though.:eek:

Dana Marcy
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:24 PM
I really liked the show. That bus! :eek: I know that because I'm a neat freak that there was no way I could've stepped foot into that bus. My daughter and I couldn't stop laughing at the girl who was kicked out because poor thing was clueless. :o Ok I couldn't name a song from Jay-Z's first album but then again I'm not going around saying I'm down with hip hop either. :lol: That was cool how Missy put her to the test by asking about Big Daddy Kane and Salt N Pepa (and the girl said "Salt N PeppER" :haha: ) The Italian guy's rap was so bad! :lol: I really like the lady who runs the show who's also Missy's manager. Seems like a smart sister. :D

Dava
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:06 AM
I cant wait for her new album it shoudl be out within the next couiple of months or so apprently. Expect collabs with Aguilera, Lil Kim and Tweet...(or so the rumours say)

Jericho
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:00 AM
I liked it. I actually liked that white chick rapper, yeah she didnt know her sh*t and she was lil fake...actually maybe i just liked her because there arent many white rappers let alone a female one ;):p

VeeReeDavJCap81
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Ok I was going to forgive the white chick who couldn't name a Big Daddy Kane song off the top of her head. But when she couldn't name a SALT N FREAKING PEPA song that was it. She deserved to be kicked off just for sheer disrespect. And actually you don't even have to be a hip hop fan to know a Salt 'N Pepa tune...they were crossover artists.

And someone PLEASE give Missy a damn toothbrush with all them damn lolipops she sucks on.

Cam'ron Giles
Jan 8th, 2005, 07:14 AM
And someone PLEASE give Missy a damn toothbrush with all them damn lolipops she sucks on.
Maybe she's not a lesbian after all...:shrug:

Rocketta
Jan 9th, 2005, 12:00 AM
I missed it. :( When does it come on?

Hot 92 Jamz
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:18 AM
I missed it. :( When does it come on?

Wednesdays @ 8:00 on UPN which might be a problem for you since you said on another thread that you don't get UPN where you live. That I can totally relate to because in Maine we don't get UPN in the area I grew up.

The show was cool even if the people weren't that talented. Some of them were interesting like Akil the guy who plays guitar, Jessica from Chicago and the short girl named Milyne (or something like that).

I watched the show because I love Missy Elliott and I was curious to see Teena Marie for the first time. I've never seen any videos or concert footage of her before and I hear her music all the time. I also never knew what Dallas Austin looked like and he was not what I expected.

If I had to pick a winner, I'd go with Jessica.

Rocketta
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:26 AM
wow, Hot you've never seen teena? :) Thanks for the info....I think there's a UPN channel in SC that I can get with an air antenna...:unsure:....but can't get with cable. :mad:

Hot 92 Jamz
Jan 9th, 2005, 03:45 AM
wow, Hot you've never seen teena? :) Thanks for the info....I think there's a UPN channel in SC that I can get with an air antenna...:unsure:....but can't get with cable. :mad:

Sorry, Rocketta, I should've elaborated. :o I've seen her photos of course but I had never seen Teena on TV or in person for that matter. I don't watch BET, MTV or VH1 so I haven't seen her music videos and she hasn't been on any talk shows that I know of so it was nice to finally see her. :)

Go to http://www.upn.com for details about the show.

VeNuS#1LoVa
Jan 9th, 2005, 04:22 AM
I missed it, but I love Missy...

write my own rhymes and i swear i'm fine....hey hey hey, i'm whats happenin.....tonight I'm a give it to you, flow it to you, i want you to come prepared...ohh yeahhhh.....beep beep, who got da keys to da jeep, VRROOOMMM....isyurfanipizwamwayne

Hot 92 Jamz
Jan 15th, 2005, 10:16 AM
I've heard and read that a lot of people don't like Missy's show but I'm not one of them. I really enjoy the whole documentary feel of it and it's a nice change from American Idol in that The Road To Stardom has no studio audience and it switches locations every week.

Did anyone see this week's episode? I've surprised myself because I actually like the rappers more than the singers (I'm not a big hip hop fan). Frank, Yelawolf, Eddie and especially Akil were all good this week. Cori deserved to go because she was the weakest. Nick is all looks no substance and I'm glad the judges and Missy told him that. I love everything about Jessica as a singer but I'm a little tired of hearing about her hardships in Chicago. I realize it's editting but it's become annoying.

AK-DH Fan
Jan 15th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I luv Missy, but for some reason I'm not fealin her show, that much. Don't get me wrong, the kids are pretty talented(exept for the Dirty South chick -no offence), but I think Missy's too much a bitch at the end. Like when she's gonna kick some one off the bus, she always makes them think they're gonna stay then lets them down. Like when she said u're really going places............................................ ................Just not with me. Then she just smiles with the lolly-pop I get it, the business is tough, but u don't have to be so mean about it. To me in her mouth :D it works for Simon, not for Missy.

And the wanna be LL needs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!