PDA

View Full Version : House of the Flying Daggers

Halardfan
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM
My movie tastes tend to be ultra mainstream, very much popcorn movies...heck I liked Charlies Angels 2! :)

But I just saw House of the Flying Daggers and thought it was beautiful...amazing action, colours, romance, and of course Zhang Ziyi.

She is almost supernaturally beautiful, entirely talented...amazing really...plus she really kicks arse...which kinda makes her a perfect woman! ;)

Anyone seen it?

wateva
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:56 PM
it was such a stupid movie... it's beautiful etc but the story is plain :bs: the ending was hilarious!!! i mean she just refuses to die huh??!!!

Kart
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I thought the snow was a nice touch - a bit of extra icing on a film that was already well over the top.

For a film that I was expecting to deliver so much it was disappointing.

Still, Zhang is :hearts:.

Volcana
Jan 6th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Agree. Zhang Ziyi is :hearts:.

I'm going to see it. I'll let yo know what I think. I really like 'Hero', which I hear is in the same style.

Dava
Jan 6th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Ive seen it, but it was proabably the worst of the 'chinese sword and love' movies to come out, but you know Crouching Tiger and Hero are something else all together in terms of cinema...not saying they are the second coming or anything but they are pretty important.

It was good, however i felt the story very simple but overly drawn out, and it was very much a vechile for Zhang Ziyi...I thing she is a woman of immense talent and really was the best thing about the film. You could also tell they had written out the Anita Mui but, and quite unsuccessfully but hey if thats tradition then its tradition.

Ziyi :hearts:

ginger_fish668
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Most Chinese actually don't really like it. :( Not me though, I liked it very much. :)
But I still prefered Crouching Tiger and Hero more.

wateva
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Most Chinese actually don't really like it. :( Not me though, I liked it very much. :)
But I still prefered Crouching Tiger and Hero more.
there's actually a magazine in my country which panned the movie like it's worthless. and mocked the westerners who like the show. they said that they only have 3 words for these foreigners: ha ha ha!